• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Which country currently is the biggest laughing stock?

As per title.

• Russia

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • USA

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • North Korea

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Afghanistan

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • China

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • UK

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Iran

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pakistan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Israel

• Saudi Arabia

• Total voters

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Given that so many countries that have much less impact on world affairs might be so. :oops:

Some info that might or might not be relevant:

Top 10 Most Hated Countries in the World | TopTeny.com
Ranked: most corrupt countries in the world

Three choices available - as feeling generous. :D

PS Perhaps give reasons as to why, and of course add any that you think should be here. Also, this is of course more about any regimes in charge rather than the inhabitants in general.

Mine were Russia, North Korea, and Afghanistan, and all three mostly displaying the arrogance in some sort of belief, and where such tends to cut them off from most other nations of the world.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
UK is the best to laugh at.
- The royals
- Lucas Electric
- Dentistry

France (though not on the list) is good too.
- Mimes
- Cheese under their fingernails
- Going on strike at the drop of a hat
- Heavy cream sauce on snails

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Not sure how Afghanistan is a laughingstock. They beat everyone who ever tried to pummel them, the UK, USA, USSR, and now they have installed their own government despite 20+ years of being cowed.

I don't agree with their regime, but they're definitely no laughingstock.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
UK is the best to laugh at.
- The royals
- Lucas Electric
- Dentistry

France (though not on the list) is good too.
- Mimes
- Cheese under their fingernails
- Going on strike at the drop of a hat
- Heavy cream sauce on snails

The royals. Yup.
Lucas is now American
Reports show British teeth are on general far healthy than us teeth
Are British Teeth Really Worse Than U.S. Teeth?.

Only ever seen mime of American TV progs wherebthey are mocking what they don't understand.
Usually cheese is eaten. But if the Simpsons tells you otherwise who am i to argue with that fount of American knowledge of the world.
Going on strike, you got one right. It is every workers right, its called freedom, perhaps you have heard of it.
And how many times do you need telling. Snails are served in garlic butter sauce

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Given that so many countries that have much less impact on world affairs might be so. :oops:

Some info:

Top 10 Most Hated Countries in the World | TopTeny.com
Ranked: most corrupt countries in the world

Three choices available - as feeling generous. :D

I don't know, but neither of these links suggest "laughingstock," which I would consider to be in a different category than the "most hated" or "most corrupt," neither of which is really all that funny.

I did find it interesting that the U.S. is the most hated country in the world, although it's not surprising.

The most corrupt ranking might be questionable, as it lists Singapore as one of the least corrupt. My cousin lives in Singapore, and he described their government as very corrupt.

I would also question their definition of corruption:

Transparency International define public sector corruption as “the abuse of entrusted power for private gain”. The non-profit argues that corruption can take many forms, but generally, public sector corruption tends to come under one of, some, or even all, of the following definitions:

• Public servants demanding or taking money or favours in exchange for services.
  • Politicians misusing public money or granting public jobs or contracts to their sponsors, friends and families.
  • Corporations bribing officials to get lucrative deals.
In my opinion, any government action which favors business over the common people is prima facie evidence of corruption.

Gargovic Malkav

As someone from the Netherlands, I'd say Belgium.
Belgian jokes are a thing here.

How do you keep a Belgian busy?
Put him in a round room and tell him there's a bag of fries in the corner (Belgians love fries).

What do you do when a Belgian throws a grenade at you?
Pull out the pin and throw it back.

When does WWIII break loose?
When the Belgians get our jokes.

You get the idea.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Mine was more in the direction of factual,
R.9225ae638c68cf6fe0d4a509c1a0208c

RestlessSoul

I voted U.K. because you can’t really laugh at any of those other places in the poll; their circumstances are too tragic to warrant ridicule, whereas we Brits have always been frankly ridiculous. But at least we know it. The fact we don’t take anything too seriously is our one redeeming national characteristic imo.

US comic Doug Stanhope hit the target when he reacted to news that the U.K. still has a monarch with incredulity, asking “what else you got? A wizard? Unicorns?” We do have a unicorn, on the royal coat of arms.