• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[POLL] What music do you listen to?

What genres do you listen to?

• Pop

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Rock

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • Metal

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Country

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Alternative

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Classical

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Rap

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Hip-hop

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Eletronic

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Other (specify please)

Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member
Liked most Beatles when i was younger,
as well as the occasional songs from the other Liverpudlian groups that followed their genre ,,,
Loved the Bee Gees, Neil Diamond, and
John Denver, (who's final concert i attended)
:cryingcat:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I like anything that sounds good to me.

Most of my favourites largely falls into popular and alternative/experimental categories.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Lots of stuff, including metal, hip-hop, punk...but I voted rock and alternative, since that describes the bulk of what I listen to.

At least by choice. 2 pre-teen girls means it gets hard to avoid T Swift or Katy Perry sometimes.

*Reaches for the bucket*

Sundance

Premium Member
Me? Oh bwoy!

I like anything, really, but I looooove

#1) Reggae (Roots, Dub, Reggae Rock, and a bit of Dancehall)

#2) Indian Classical Music

#3) Rock (all different kinds)

#4) Jazz (Latin, African, and Japanese)

#5) Funk (all kinds)

#6) Hip Hop (Conscious, Alternative, Trip Hop, and International)

#7) Anything with Chill- or -wave in the name (Chillwave, Vaporwave, Synthwave, Chillhop, etc.)

#8) Electronic Music

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Pop, classic rock, some country and jazz (not too familiar, but I like what I've heard), classical, ethnic and indigenous, Indian classical.

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
I listen to pretty much anything except pop and country. I even have Gregorian Chanting on my computer.

I don't normally listen to country unless I'm with my family and my mom wants to play some bluegrass or Johnny Cash. Modern country I'm less tolerant of. I've heard about Georgian chanting but never listened to it... from what I gather it's supposedly relaxing.

Liu

Mostly metal, but also pretty much everything else. It's easier to say what I don't like, which would be most of electronic music, house, jazz etc., and also much of pop and classical music.
Basically, it depends on the song in question whether I like it or not.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Alt. rock
Punk rock / pop punk / skate punk / hardcore punk / death rock / oi! / Celtic punk / horror punk
Metalcore / deathcore / heavy hardcore / progressive metalcore / djent / deathgrind
Post-hardcore / emo / screamo / electronicore
Death metal / technical death metal / melodic death
Thrash metal
Groove metal
Black metal, especially ambient black metal
Folk metal
Post-punk / post-punk revival
Goth rock / goth metal
Psychobilly
New Wave / dark wave / ethereal wave
Dream pop
Shoegaze
Synthpop / synthrock
Futurepop
Trance
Industrial / Electro-industrial
Aggrotech
Neue Deutsche Härte
Neofolk
Trip-hop
R&B
Soul
Rock 'n' roll
Folk
Various forms of pop music
Doo wop
Country (real country, not that country pop abomination)
Reggae and ska
Rap / alternative rap / horrorcore
Classical / choral
Gregorian chant

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I've heard about Georgian chanting but never listened to it... from what I gather it's supposedly relaxing.
When you find some choirs you like, it may just be the closest thing to the divine we as humans will ever hear. Or at least I expect any divines to have nothing less than an equally pleasing voice.:p
I don't normally listen to country unless I'm with my family and my mom wants to play some bluegrass or Johnny Cash. Modern country I'm less tolerant of.
The only time I hear country is when other people are playing it, which can be a lot at times. Unfortunately.
As for modern country, I don't mind it as much. But, then again, I don't even consider it country and join in on bashing how pop/rock it's become. When I saw a white rapping country honkey on TV, even I groaned.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Primarily.....classical (all forms), lieder, then country, folk, jazz

I leave classic fm. on in the house and car all the time as background.

Corvus

Feathered eyeball connoisseur
Metal. Dub. Reggae....anything with tasty beats and dirty fat baselines.

Karen Thompson

I prefer to listen to calming but inspiring music. Very often the right music changes my mood, gives me strength and helps me move on.

I'll never forget the day after my grandfather's funeral. We were very close and I was completely devastated. I was sitting in my room, staring at the wall. Then I heard a familiar melody from somewhere. It was so familiar and so related to grandpa so I thought it is a dream, but then I realized it was coming from the next door room (I live in the dorm). I went there to find out what the melody was, and it was Love Is a Wonderful Thing by Michael Bolton. My grandpa loved this song and listened to it very often.

So I asked my neighbor if she deliberately played it. And she answered, no, it is online radio. I asked what it was called and she said MyStar. I couldn't believe my own ears! My grandfather called me MY STAR!!! I cried my eyes out, but those were cleansing tears.

I'm sure it was a sign from my grandpa. Maybe he died, but his love lasts.
:relieved:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
My main music listening - Blues (real Blues not current R&B), Jazz (modern and Traditional), Prog Rock ( from mid 60s to mid 70s), Country dance (Blowzabella, etc.), Electric folk (Fairport, Steeleye Span, etc.). Irish traditional, Folk, some Pop, Classical, Electronic (synthesized, as in Klaus Schultze, Kistenmacher, etc.), world music (Chinese and Japanese, for example), ancient music (mediaeval and such), lastly, anything that appeals. :cool: :D :D

Last edited:

VioletVortex

I changed my vote so I guess I'll post here again. I listen to a lot of heavy metal and am getting more into doom metal, especially Saint Vitus. I also like prog and older rock, but I really don't listen to it all that much.

Lately I have been getting into rap as well-Necro, Ill Bill, Sabac Red, xxxtentacion, Lougotcash, and Kodak Black have been the main rappers I listen to.