• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[POLL] What music do you listen to?

What genres do you listen to?

• Pop

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Rock

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • Metal

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Country

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Alternative

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Classical

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Rap

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Hip-hop

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Eletronic

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Other (specify please)

Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
Personally I'll listen to anything that makes my mind think about the movement of the sound... the way the strings vibrate, or the words hit the ears, or the intensity of the drums. If I had to choose between genres, though, Rap and Rock are definitely up there for me.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I have a very wide range of tastes. Everything from fairly heavy opera to pop. I love Rammstein, Led Zeppelin, Punk Floyd (with Roger Waters, of course), and like a great many electronic artists like Tangerine Dream, Synergy, Tomita, Vangelis, Robert Fripp, Mike Oldfield, Jean Michael Jarre. I also adore Mozart, Edvard Grieg, Mussorgsky, Prokofiev, Rachmaninov and Adriano Banchieri (and countless others).

I don't do country, jazz, flip flop or rap.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
I have a very wide range of tastes. Everything from fairly heavy opera to pop. I love Rammstein, Led Zeppelin, Punk Floyd (with Roger Waters, of course), and like a great many electronic artists like Tangerine Dream, Synergy, Tomita, Vangelis, Robert Fripp, Mike Oldfield, Jean Michael Jarre. I also adore Mozart, Edvard Grieg, Mussorgsky, Prokofiev, Rachmaninov and Adriano Banchieri (and countless others).

I don't do country, jazz, flip flop or rap.

Punk floyd ay? Tsk tsk :D

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Punk floyd ay? Tsk tsk :D
Well, after Waters left, it was only a shadow of the former band.

The first time I saw them was in 1973 for the Dark Side of the Moon tour. That was well beyond incredible as stage shows were pretty unbridled back then.

I was lucky enough to see them again in 1975 for the Wish you were here tour. Loud doesn't quite capture it, LOL. (More ear splitting, really.) They did Echoes for their encore.

Last edited:

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
More Sweeny Todd, Into The Woods, Oklahoma, Candide, The Music Man, Chicago, A Chorus Line.....

Other hated musicals....
Phantom Of The Opera
Cats
I have some nostalgia for phantom and cats cuz I saw them with my grandmother, but I also like Chicago, chorus line, producers, Oliver, my fair lady, little shop of horrors, kinky boots, etc.
Could never get into Oklahoma. Rent is the only musical I actively dislike though, instead of just disinterest.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I have some nostalgia for phantom and cats cuz I saw them with my grandmother, but I also like Chicago, chorus line, producers, Oliver, my fair lady, little shop of horrors, kinky boots, etc.
Could never get into Oklahoma. Rent is the only musical I actively dislike though, instead of just disinterest.
Kinky Boots, My Fair Lady, (& the Simpsons version, "My Fair Laddy"), & Little Shop Of Horrors are great too.

VioletVortex

I primarily listen to heavy metal, but I listen to some punk and progressive rock, as well as a little electronic stuff, mostly ambient era Burzum and Depeche Mode. I like a few folk songs as well, and I strongly appreciate and want to get into classical.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I voted pop, rock, metal, country, alternative, and electronic. I listen to them in this order (from most to least):

1) Metal

2) Rock

3) Alternative

4) Electronic

5) Pop

6) Country.

I don't listen to country in general, but I make an exception for Johnny Cash. Ditto for pop and Elton John, among a few others.

Pie'Oh'Pah

Almost anything
From some classical , to modern-classical/electronica, techno, acid, mellow jazz, post-rock, post-metal, indie rock, folk, metal, thrash metal, death metal, doom/black metal, pop.

I'll give anything a chance, although I don't like much Country and Western, technical jazz or most opera.