• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll to change the color of the Satanism DIR.

Should the color of the Satanism DIR be changed from green to blue?

• Total voters

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
This is a poll to collect opinions from other Satanists on if the color of the DIR should be changed from green to blue. Please do not vote if you do not identify as a Satanist.

From the forum rules:
10. Discuss Individual Religions Forums/Same Faith Debates/"Only Sections"
The DIR subforums are for the express use for discussion by that specific group. They are not to be used for debate by anyone. People of other groups or faiths may post respectful questions to increase their understanding. Questions of a rhetorical or argumentative nature or that counter the beliefs of that DIR are not permitted. DIR areas are not to be used as cover to bash others outside the faith. The DIR forums are strictly moderated and posts are subject to editing or removal.

-For any DIR or discussion sub-forum that is colored blue, non-members of that area are limited only to respectful questions, and are not allowed to make any non-question posts.

-For any DIR or discussion sub-forum that is colored green, non-members of that area may make respectful posts that comply with the tenets and spirit of that area. This includes questions, as well as knowledgeable comments.
My reasoning for is this because I feel that there is a higher number of disrespectful and ignorant posts in this DIR than in others. That's just my experience. Changing the color would help in the enforcement of the rules. Also, I didn't get to vote last time and I would like to have my voice heard on this.

So, your opinions please?

Orias

Left Hand Path
Lets turn it red, so we have the right to crucify those who dare to desecrate our sanctum without our approval.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Just as a reminder, switching to blue means making it the staff's responsibility to decide who qualifies as a Satanist and who does not (for the purposes of allowing posting in this DIR).

Personally I have no dog in that race. But you may want to consider that fact.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Just as a reminder, switching to blue means making it the staff's responsibility to decide who qualifies as a Satanist and who does not (for the purposes of allowing posting in this DIR).

Personally I have no dog in that race. But you may want to consider that fact.

Doesn't bother me. The rest of the LHP forum is blue, after all.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
As a query - if the issue is disrespectful posts, could that not be handled under the current green rules? I would think switching to blue would only avoid someone coming in and posting the "knowledgeable comment."

If the issue is lack of enforcement of the green rules, is that a separate issue?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
As a query - if the issue is disrespectful posts, could that not be handled under the current green rules? I would think switching to blue would only avoid someone coming in and posting the "knowledgeable comment."

If the issue is lack of enforcement of the green rules, is that a separate issue?

I think I talked to Luis about that. The reason why I brought this up is because I want Satanists to have the same sort of control over our DIR as the other LHP branches do on here. The quality of their DIRs is better than ours because much of the nonsense is cut out.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
I think I talked to Luis about that. The reason why I brought this up is because I want Satanists to have the same sort of control over our DIR as the other LHP branches do on here. The quality of their DIRs is better than ours because much of the nonsense is cut out.

Fair enough, just wanted to propose strengthened moderation as an alternative. Y'all's DIR. Y'all's decision :)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
One thing I want to point out is that according to the search feature (which I'll admit isn't all that reliable) in the last year we're received a grand total of 1 report about posts in this DIR.

Green or blue, if we don't get reports, there isn't much we can do to help.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
One thing I want to point out is that according to the search feature (which I'll admit isn't all that reliable) in the last year we're received a grand total of 1 report about posts in this DIR.

Green or blue, if we don't get reports, there isn't much we can do to help.

Thanks for the reminder.

Sees

Dragonslayer
I would like to still be able to harass the Satanists in the hope that they shall forsake their evil ways.

)(

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
one by one "saving" takes too long :biglaugh:

Well, you can forward messages. Lol.

Somehow the way the world works is the ones trying to change others tend to hardly know anything about the others...it's good entertainment :D

Yes, it is entertaining to watch people flail around in their ignorance. Some of the questions we've gotten here are extremely dumb. :facepalm: