• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Theists Only - do you like God?

Theists Only: Do you like God?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Theists only please:

OK, so you believe in God (or Gods).......

But do you actually like God (or Gods)????

I'd say that I do because as a Christian I am 1) a follower of Jesus, 2) believe Jesus is God and 3) think Jesus is a good being

Therefore for me this works out as God being a good being, which would lead me to like him

That's my logic, that's what I think

But what do others think? - and why?

Viker

Häxan
Do I like (your) God? No. No reason. Don't have to.

Do I like my Gods? Yes. Why wouldn't I?

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
My belief is that God is reality. Do I like reality? Well, I exist, and the events of reality caused me to exist, and although I haven't been able to have exactly the life I had imagined for myself, I like the fact that I have a very comfortable life and don't typically worry about most things. So yes, I do like reality.

Do I like the God of the Bible? No. He's a mass murderer, according to scripture. Jesus seems like a good person though, but I doubt he actually performed any miracles. And he wasn't born from a virgin and didn't resurrect and go to Heaven. Those are just legend beliefs that were common amongst myths around that time.

So how should I answer this poll? Since you were ubiquitous in your concept of God (wasn't specific to Yahweh or Jesus) I'll just say yes because I like reality. :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

I'd say that I do because as a Christian I am 1) a follower of Jesus, 2) believe Jesus is God and 3) think Jesus is a good being
I always love Jesus but I don't always like God.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I voted "other" because there are some gods I like and there are some gods I don't like, such as the Abrahamic God.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Since the question was about liking, my answer refers to the Poem "You Alone Exist" which includes aspects that I like and aspects I don't like from a personal perspective. An excerpt that illustrates my perspective.

You are man. You are birds.
You are fish and animals, for You alone exist.
You are bugs and gnats, You are snakes and scorpions,
You are ants and mosquitoes, for You alone exist.
You are insects. You are lice.
You are dogs, asses and pigs. You alone exist.
You are deer and elephants;
You are cats and monkeys; You alone exist.

You are the moon and the stars, the dawn and the night,
and the sun and also the light. You alone exist.
You are the flower and the thorn,
and You are the fragrance. You alone exist.
You are the Singer. You are the musical instrument.
You are the sweet tunes, for You alone exist.
You are the Prayer and the words of the prayer.
You are the forces of evil and the powers of light.
You alone exist.

You are the soldier, the army, and the Supreme General.
You alone exist.
You are the Sailor, the ship, and the wide Ocean;
You alone exist!

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I said Other because there are gods I am indifferent to, who are irrelevant to me. Then there are gods I like very much. Besides my own from the Hindu pantheon, there is Thor. He's my next favorite. Others I have an affinity for ... Athena, Apollo, most of the Hellenic pantheon, Perun, Perkunas, Herakles, Guan Yu, Xuan Wu, Green Tara/Chenrezig, Amaterasu and Yemaya seem pretty cool, as does Xangô.

DNB

Christian
Theists only please:

OK, so you believe in God (or Gods).......

Therefore for me this works out as God being a good being, which would lead me to like him

That's my logic, that's what I think

But what do others think? - and why?
The God of Abraham, Moses, King David, Jesus, Peter and Paul? Yes, absolutely!
...but, not even a fraction of what I should and what He deserves. I am a scoundrel as far as my gratitude and reverence is concerned.
God's majesty and glory is beyond words, ...and nobody loves Him with all their hearts, mind and soul, as we should, and as He is worthy of.
And, anyone that tells you otherwise, as to how much that they love God being equal to their full devotion, is a liar.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
I follow Sri Krishna and Mahadev (Shiva). Yes, I like them. Shiva helps me, in my view, to love Krishna all the more.

I also have deities that I like that I don't follow. While technically not a Goddess, Kuan Yin, the Bodhisattva of compassion. I also really enjoy learning about the Goddess Brigid from pre-Christian Ireland.