• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Should ALL drugs be legalized?

Should all drugs be legalized?

• Yes

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VioletVortex

I think meth would go away if safer and legal alternatives were available.
I want results. I don't want feel good ideological statements. I guess I am just funny that way.
Tom

Like bath salts? :facepalm:

Almost universally, the legal alternatives to given illegal recreational drugs are far more dangerous, take for example "synthetic marijuana" or even heroin, which was originally marketed as an alternative to morphine to stave off addictions.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Like bath salts? :facepalm:

Almost universally, the legal alternatives to given illegal recreational drugs are far more dangerous, take for example "synthetic marijuana" or even heroin, which was originally marketed as an alternative to morphine to stave off addictions.
I understand what you are getting at here. But I think you're missing the point.
If cheap, safe, and legal stuff was available to adults (while remaining heavily regulated and taxed) such things wouldn't be viable on the black market. They just wouldn't exist the way they do now.
They are the low buck alternative to substances that are kept artificially high priced by the anti-drug industries.
Tom

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
All drugs, no. But many of the currently scheduled drugs should be legalized. While it's not trivial to decide which drugs should be legalized, I feel we can do a much better job than we currently are.