• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Method of Watching Television

How do you watch TV the most often?

• Total voters

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
How do you watch TV the most often?

I ask this because recently I bought eight first-seasons to TV shows for about $30 on E-Bay. From the E-Bay seller Second Sale. The price for physical media has gone down so much because everybody likes the convenience of watching from the Internet. I have my computers plugged into my TVs via HDMI and I watch primarily YouTube from that. YouTube is the bulk of what I watch. The reason why I bought all those box sets however was because they were so cheap and honestly I've never seen any of those shows before, but I've been curious about them for a long time. $30 for eight shows comes out to less than $4 per box set.

The funny thing is, all series but two can be obtained with a subscription service - while one of them can only be bought ala carte digitally on Amazon Video. But I don't feel like I wasted any money because chances are there is a more likelihood I will actually watch these shows if I own them. All of the discs I bought were used, and there's always the chance that the discs won't work, but I've dealt with Second Sale before and found that the condition for their products is standard or better.

In case anyone is interested in what I bought during my E-Bay haul, here is the list of what I grabbed. All of these are first season or collection only.

One Tree Hill
Heroes
Thirtysomething
(the only one not on streaming services)
NewsRadio
Party of Five
(only ala carte on Amazon Prime Video)
Veep
Felicity

Second Sale has a deal which if you buy three you can get one free. As I bought eight I got two items for free. Shipping is typically free and is fast. Takes less than a week to arrive. The vast majority of my DVD and blu-ray collection comes from that vendor.

But I also have a myriad and diverse amount of streaming services. I have linear TV too, with YouTube TV and antenna TV. I don't do digital files or torrents anymore however, as I'm too afraid of viruses and malware that comes with that. Everything I do regarding TV shows and movies is now legal. There isn't anything illegal about buying used physical media anyways.

TL;DR - So how do you watch TV? I'm leaving the poll open indefinitely and allowing people to answer with as many options as they want. I primarily use video streaming services. Mostly YouTube. But I'm looking forwards to what you have to say about the topic. :)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I dont watch TV. I mostly use You Tube and Twitch as I love gaming vids with my favorite content creates.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
I dont watch TV. I mostly use You Tube and Twitch as I love gaming vids with my favorite content creates.

I use the most vague form of mentioning watching TV. Yes, I get that when people refer to watching TV they often mean linear TV channels, like YouTube TV, but what I'm referring to is watching TV by any means or methods possible. So you would answer streaming services, because YouTube and Twitch are both a form of streaming.