• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Mental Health Therapists

Do you see a therapist for mental health on a regular basis?

• Yes

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 25 71.4%

• Total voters

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
I was listening to a streamer last night advising people to seek a therapist, which led me to wonder what percentage of people employ a therapist for their mental health on a regular basis. I know RF is a rather small pool of people from which to form a group study, but it is what it is.

This poll is completely confidential and optional. Please don't vote if you don't feel comfortable doing so.

I did when I was a kid. My parents put me in it because they thought there was something wrong with me. The therapists said there was nothing mentally wrong with me but my step-father had issues. He got upset at this and immediately pull me out of therapy.

I've always been an introvert. I don't think there is much a therapist could ask me that I haven't already asked myself.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I used to for near 20 years. Most weren't good therapists and the good ones didn't have trauma therapeutic expertise (if I knew it at the time, I would have looked into that). I saw one therapist for two years recently and the last one I saw said he was a trauma therapist but seemed more like a social worker. He said something untherapeutic. I told him I'm not having anxiety anymore, no major depression, I'm safe, work and have my hobbies. I don't need therapy. That was a month or so ago, and haven't been to therapy since. Breakthrough. Once I finish school I think that would be my turning point. No RF.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I was listening to a streamer last night advising people to seek a therapist, which led me to wonder what percentage of people employ a therapist for their mental health on a regular basis. I know RF is a rather small pool of people from which to form a group study, but it is what it is.

This poll is completely confidential and optional. Please don't vote if you don't feel comfortable doing so.
I probably should see one for my depression (again) but I don't have the energy to find one.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Nope. I've been in and out of therapy for about half my life. I don't really need it anymore. I've talked about it enough. My therapist left to do something else, anyway.