• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: Inri Cristo: Lord, Liar, Loon?

Inri Cristo: is he... (and please explain your thinking!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
This is a thread about Inri Cristo:

So you know who I'm on about, here is a wikipedia article about him: Inri Cristo - Wikipedia

In Brazil, he's a major personality

There is a version of his own website in English: INRI CRISTO - The FATHER's Emissary | Christ is back and lives in Brazil. Discover his history and teachings.

I like him very much, he is a true eccentric

But is he Lord, Liar, or Lunatic?

I like him very much, but I think he's nuts :D

I think he 100% believes himself to be Jesus Christ

But if he was Jesus Christ, I would of course follow him

I want to see miracles! Walk on water or something, or feed 5,000 people with a loaf of bread and a handful of fish!

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

So you know who I'm on about, here is a wikipedia article about him: Inri Cristo - Wikipedia

There is a version of his own website in English: INRI CRISTO - The FATHER's Emissary | Christ is back and lives in Brazil. Discover his history and teachings.

I want to see miracles! Walk on water or something, or feed 5,000 people with a loaf of bread and a handful of fish!

Can't vote - left out honest conman or just conman

Brian2

Veteran Member

I know he is not the Lord and maybe he is not a liar or lunatic either. Another possibility is that he is deceived by Satan, as people in the past have been, to think he is the Lord, the return of Jesus.
I will say that I know he is not the Lord, the return of Jesus for the same simple reason that I give to Baha'is, he is not the same Jesus that the disciples saw rise to heaven and he did not come to earth the same way Jesus left. (as per Acts 1:9-11)

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
I know he is not the Lord and maybe he is not a liar or lunatic either. Another possibility is that he is deceived by Satan, as people in the past have been, to think he is the Lord, the return of Jesus.
I will say that I know he is not the Lord, the return of Jesus for the same simple reason that I give to Baha'is, he is not the same Jesus that the disciples saw rise to heaven and he did not come to earth the same way Jesus left. (as per Acts 1:9-11)
I have created a new response just for you - "mislead by Satan" :)

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Another possibility is that he is deceived by Satan, as people in the past have been, to think he is the Lord, the return of Jesus.
Yes, that actually happened to me for a while

Satan makes people make fools of themselves

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member

I don't think it's kind or accurate to refer to people who experience hallucinations as "lunatics."

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
You may use it to describe yourself if you like. Please don't assume all folks with mental illness share your opinion.
If Inri Cristo himself is personally offended then I would of course personally apologise to him

But I'm sure that over the years he has grown a very thick skin and has heard it all before

Sirona

Hindu Wannabe

I think it might be neither. As I told you in another thread, there are people who hear voices, channel messages etc but stay below the threshhold of being clinically ill. Most forms of fortunetelling, skying etc work that way. I guess that "visions" of "saints" work according to the same mechanism.

Varieties of Voice-Hearing: Psychics and the Psychosis Continuum

Anyway the “Lord, Liar, Loon” slogan is a false dichotomy, an argument used by Christians to “prove” that Jesus is “Lord” as many people probably would hesitate to call him otherwise. And I think it is probably not wise to call somebody a name that might as well applicable to oneself. Just saying. ;)

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
None of the answers represents my position: that the stories we have about him are mostly inaccurate and legendary as opposed to actual history. As far as I can see, he was a advocating religious revivalism and was put to death as an activist.

Now, his *followers* were probably either lying or lunatics and they were the ones that wrote what we have today.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe if He actually were here then Brazil would be the most likely place.

Rational Agnostic

Lunatic for sure.