• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: I Gotta Go

Would You Use A Porta-Potty Amidst A Crowd?

• I'd eliminate shamelessly. Heck, I'll even leave the door open!

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • I'd do what I had to and leave quickly.

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • I would hold it until the crowd dissipated.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I would go, but only if it was an emergency.

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
So, I haven't had a bathroom in over a week. There's a porta-potty in the backyard so one can attend to their 'business', and normally, this is acceptable. Today, however, there is a work crew in the backyard and all around the potty, and even though its enclosed, I can't bring myself to use it because I feel like I'd be using the toilet in the middle of a crowd.

So, would this bother you? Would you go, or hold it?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
At my mom's old house here in the UK she did it up as if it were 1939, so she ripped out the bathroom. All we had was an outhouse and this was connected to our house, but our house was on a set of terraces behind which folks could walk. So I must have done that goodness knows how many times.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Oh go ahead. I don't think anybody in the work crew is going to be shocked to find out that you have to go to the bathroom sometimes. :D

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Oh go ahead. I don't think anybody in the work crew is going to be shocked to find out that you have to go to the bathroom sometimes. :D

I think its more performance anxiety than trying to hold in the fact(pun intended) that I poop.

Discussing feces is probably one of my more time consuming pastimes. I worked in a group home for a decade. When my sister got hired, the boss told her(straight faced) that she should prepare herself to hear a lot about BM. Both that of the clients'(which was part of the job) and the staff.

Emergencies only, in my case.

That's what I voted, too.

PureX

Veteran Member
So, I haven't had a bathroom in over a week. There's a porta-potty in the backyard so one can attend to their 'business', and normally, this is acceptable. Today, however, there is a work crew in the backyard and all around the potty, and even though its enclosed, I can't bring myself to use it because I feel like I'd be using the toilet in the middle of a crowd.

Being male, no. But I can see how for a female this would be an uncomfortable situation.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
IBS had me getting over public bathroom anxieties real quick. So I'd use it, provided it doesn't look like some of them I saw at Ozzfest.:fearscream:

PureX

Veteran Member
How does this change things?
A group of men working around the porta-toilet aren't going to pay any attention to me. But men being men, they're likely to pay attention to a woman anywhere nearby, and feel the urge to say something absolutely idiotic to 'impress' their coworkers with their 'studly demeanor'. And of course they're all going to be imagining you with your pants down in there. :)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

I hate porta potties. Besides sometimes people play pranks and will toss a big rock down the chimney. Splash! Blue butt! Its never happened to me, but I have heard that it does happen.

What I'd do...were I in that situation is line a bucket with a plastic trash bag...or maybe one of those recyclable doggie bags. Do the thing, then double the bag. Decide later how to get rid of it. If you store it, do so in a thick paint bucket, metal can or wrapped well in metal foil. You'll be sorry if you don't.

PureX

Veteran Member
If I were you I'd go ahead and use the porta-toilet, remembering that you have all the power. That your mere existence will drive those men to distraction an cause them to behave like overgrown toddlers. As a female, you are that powerful and mystifying to them! :)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
If I were you I'd go ahead and use the porta-toilet, remembering that you have all the power. That your mere existence will drive those men to distraction an cause them to behave like overgrown toddlers. As a female, you are that powerful and mystifying to them! :)

I'm afraid that after a week without a bathroom(including the tub/sink), I'm(and the people in my household are) about as mystifying as...

Well, a porta potty.

PureX

Veteran Member
I'm afraid that after a week without a bathroom(including the tub/sink), I'm(and the people in my household are) about as mystifying as...

Well, a porta potty.
To you, sure. But they'll never notice any of that stuff. A woman on a job site is like a sudden electrical shock that stuns all the male workers in the vicinity. (The gay ones will pretend to be stunned for their own safety). ;)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
To you, sure. But they'll never notice any of that stuff. A woman on a job site is like a sudden electrical shock that stuns all the male workers in the vicinity. (The gay ones will pretend to be stunned for their own safety). ;)

It would be fun to see a construction site of openly gay workers. Just for variety.

When I was young and cute, I was walking past a construction site. Some men took notice. I let out a prize winning belch, and one man looked bewildered. "Wow! I wish my wife could do that." Best compliment ever.