• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll for Atheists: Do you believe nothing matters?

People who're atheist, do you believe nothing matters?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Pudding

There is a thread in debate forum, the op (a theist) say that atheists believe nothing matters. So, people who're atheist, what do you say?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Technically, any atheist who objects to being labeled "someone who thinks nothing matters", is someone who thinks at least one thing matters: The truth of how he or she is labeled.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
To me, nature, the planet, dancing girls, the rest of humanity -- they all matter and matter tremendously.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
There is a thread in debate forum, the op (a theist) say that atheists believe nothing matters. So, people who're atheist, what do you say?
If it's the thread I'm thinking of, what I got from it was that any atheist who believes that anything matters is irrational.

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not an athiest, but I thought I should mention that there appears to be something wrong with the software. Currently the results of the poll say that 6 out of 6 have answered 'No'. Let me get with the techs and see if anything has gone wrong.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Apparently all that matters in this survey is whether or not. So, to me, it is not the case that nothing matters.

Do I believe that nothing matters?
No, I do not believe that nothing matters.

Some things matter a great deal, others not as much.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I'm not an athiest, but I thought I should mention that there appears to be something wrong with the software. Currently the results of the poll say that 6 out of 6 have answered 'No'. Let me get with the techs and see if anything has gone wrong.
Not sure why you'd think there's a problem...:D

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I think there are day-to-day issues which matter to people in the here and now. To say "nothing matters" is a pretty broad statement.

Now, all I can think of is the lyrics to "Bohemian Rhapsody"

Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters,
Nothing really matters to me.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

Well the wording is a bit tricky, ending up with a double negative and all..

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
``To believe in nothing``
I see an oak, towering above us, and a butterfly hovering,
Squirrels racing around, mating time you know.
All kind of birds racing around, finding food for their brood.
My wife's orchids are blooming, just about everywhere.
We have a lot of anoles, their like chameleons, but tan.
I see a shadow under the oak showing the loss of the Sun,
but I see a beetle hiding there, making a nest of leaves.
As far as I can see, there's something to believe in,
something to smell, or taste, or feel, or hold, or kiss.
Everywhere I look is something that isn't `nothing` !
If `God` was alone in the `void`, how could `He` be there ?
Just like the `void` that I don't believe in, just like `God`.
I don't need to believe in any nothingness out there,
Cosmos is out there, and I personally believe in that.
NuffStuff

Jedster

I voted no.

55794ae2bc857.jpg

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
I can see here that some posters like to express themselves with songs. I guess it is appropriate in the right format, but in this thread I see a loss of importance to the creator with songs about `His` representation here. Did `God` sing songs or play an instrument, did Jesus tap-dance ? And where in the supreme void did `God` hide everything else ?
Lose the songs !
Post a true opinion from one's mind, not songs and `scripture !