• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

POLL: Do You Think Trump Will Be Impeached

Will Trump Be Impeached

• Yes

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
Definition of impeachment, by the way:
Impeachment is the process by which a legislative body levels charges against a government official. Impeachment does not in itself remove the official from office; it is the equivalent to an indictment in criminal law, and thus is only the statement of charges against the official.
Also, my understanding is that it's an administrative process that's done by the House, and it's the process where witness will be heard and interview in hearings. I think this will happen. But I don't think any action will be taken from whatever conclusion it leads to.

leov

I agree, I'm not sure but the way I understand it once they make it official then they are also available for investigation which they do not want. They seem to want to keep Trump on the defensive all the while keeping themselves safe but once it's open warfare then the real show will begin.
agree

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
There are a lot of opinions of Trumps guilt or innocence so we might as well have our own vote on whether he will be impeached or not. None of us have all the information but most seem to have very strong views so what do you think? yes or no

I voted no and I think overall this whole episode will backfire on the democrats when all is said and done.
Of course. Like Trump said these people are just plain sick. Sick people .

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
It depends what you mean by impeached.

Will The House declare him impeachable? Yes... they have a majority.

Will it pass the Senate? No.

So I put, "no".
You don't seem to understand how this works.
The House votes to impeach.
Then, possibly, the Senate votes to remove.

In the modern world, with the government dominated by political parties, impeachment is meaningless in and of itself. What matters is the Impeachment Circus.

Perhaps the Democrats will lower themselves to the level of the Republicans, perhaps not. But the precedent was set back in the 90s by the GOP. And the stage is set for a horrific battle between the parties.

Welcome the 2020 election campaign.
Tom

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
It depends what you mean by impeached.

Will The House declare him impeachable? Yes... they have a majority.

That is technically impeachment.

Will it pass the Senate? No.

So I put, "no".

The Senate votes on whether to *convict*. That is a different matter than impeachment.

Once again, Bill Clinton was impeached. He was not convicted or removed from office.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
There are a lot of opinions of Trumps guilt or innocence so we might as well have our own vote on whether he will be impeached or not. None of us have all the information but most seem to have very strong views so what do you think? yes or no

I voted no and I think overall this whole episode will backfire on the democrats when all is said and done.

President Donald J. Trump broke no laws when he politely asked the Ukrainian government to simply verify what Biden himself publicly bragged about last year that he as Vice President put a stipulation on U.S. foreign aid to Ukraine. Joe Biden's stipulation on U.S. foreign aid to Ukraine was that the Ukrainian prosecutor be fired for his investigation into why Biden's son had been paid $50 k a month by a Ukrainian natural gas energy production company where Joe Biden's son was unqualified to do any work there for this company.

Donald J. Trump will not get impeached, since he didn't violate any laws for asking Ukraine to verify what Biden had himself already admitted to having tampered with the Ukrainian judicial system.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
That is technically impeachment.

The Senate votes on whether to *convict*. That is a different matter than impeachment.

Once again, Bill Clinton was impeached. He was not convicted or removed from office.
Thank you.

leov