• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

POLL: Do You Think Trump Will Be Impeached

Will Trump Be Impeached

• Yes

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • No

Votes: 17 60.7%

• Total voters

Stanyon

WWMRD?
There are a lot of opinions of Trumps guilt or innocence so we might as well have our own vote on whether he will be impeached or not. None of us have all the information but most seem to have very strong views so what do you think? yes or no

I voted no and I think overall this whole episode will backfire on the democrats when all is said and done.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
There are a lot of opinions of Trumps guilt or innocence so we might as well have our own vote on whether he will be impeached or not. None of us have all the information but most seem to have very strong views so what do you think? yes or no

I voted no and I think overall this whole episode will backfire on the democrats when all is said and done.

Kind of hoping he gets impeached 3 or 4 times. The longer the Feds are focused on internal affairs, the less time they have to much-up the rest of the country. Also Trump will be the holder of a new world record. The only POTUS to have gotten impeached more than once. that's the trophy I want on my mantle if I ever get to be president. :D

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Kind of hoping he gets impeached 3 or 4 times. The longer the Feds are focused on internal affairs, the less time they have to much-up the rest of the country. Also Trump will be the holder of a new world record. The only POTUS to have gotten impeached more than once. that's the trophy I want on my mantle if I ever get to be president. :D

I voted yes, just because.

leov

I voted no because they all do not want open that can....

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I voted yes. The House is very likely to impeach. The real question is whether the Senate will convict and remove him from office. That is a very different matter (Clinton was impeached, but not removed from office).

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

I voted "no" as I understand the impeachment process will require 2/3 majority vote from the Senate.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I dislike Trump obviously, but unless they have a really damning slam dunk case I don't think they'll get much traction.

Mindmaster

Premium Member

No, and never...

The current run of Congress (which is Democrat majority) hasn't gotten anything done, so if they think they can get impeachment done (a much more tumultuous affair for all parties) the cheese really has slid off the cracker. They're going into 2020 with no legislative wins and they've been sitting there for two years. Most of it because they've been on this impeachment distraction. They are going to absolutely get crushed in 2020 election... At least, that's my opinion... We don't appoint these folks to argue about each other over personal beefs, we pay them to serve us and get things we need done.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I put the odds of impeachment at 50% +/- 25%.
And conviction at 25% +/- 50%

The etymology just occurred to me...it's about fruit.
"Impeachment" is for a case of ethical "impairment".

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
No, and never...

The current run of Congress (which is Democrat majority) hasn't gotten anything done, so if they think they can get impeachment done (a much more tumultuous affair for all parties) the cheese really has slid off the cracker. They're going into 2020 with no legislative wins and they've been sitting there for two years. Most of it because they've been on this impeachment distraction. They are going to absolutely get crushed in 2020 election... At least, that's my opinion... We don't appoint these folks to argue about each other over personal beefs, we pay them to serve us and get things we need done.
WRONG. Moscow Mitch has sat on all the bills the House has passed. That's deliberate lies from the right wing designed for propaganda purposes.

The House-passed bills that have ended up in the Senate 'graveyard'

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
As far as Trump and impeachment goes - he's giving the finger to the country by publicly asking China to do what the House is looking at for the Ukraine. The House will impeach.

Note for the purposes of answering the poll, I'm using impeach as it's meant to be used which is the equivalent of drawing up charges not the entire process.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
There's enough right now (even without a quid pro quo) to impeach him in the house. Will the Senate convict and remove? Probably not, but that doesn't change the fact of impeachment.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
It depends what you mean by impeached.

Will The House declare him impeachable? Yes... they have a majority.

Will it pass the Senate? No.

So I put, "no".

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I wonder how many of these were removed from office:

• Steve Stockman (R-TX) was convicted of fraud. (2018)[6]
  • Anthony Weiner (D-NY)[7] was convicted of sending sexually explicit photos of himself to a 15-year-old girl and was made to sign the sexual offenders register. He also was sentenced to 21 months in prison, a charge that was later reduced to 18 months. He reported to prison in November 2017 and was released in May 2019. (2017)[8]
  • Corrine Brown (D-FL) was convicted on 18 felony counts of wire and tax fraud, conspiracy, lying to federal investigators, and other corruption charges. (2017)[9][10]
  • Chaka Fattah (D-PA) was convicted on 23 counts of racketeering, fraud, and other corruption charges. (2016)[11]
  • Dennis Hastert (R-IL) Speaker of the United States House of Representatives pleaded guilty in court for illegally structuring bank transactions related to payment of $3.5 million to quash allegations of sexual misconduct with a student when he was a high school teacher and coach decades ago.[12] (2016)
  • Michael Grimm (R-NY) pleaded guilty of felony tax evasion. This was the fourth count in a 20-count indictment brought against him for improper use of campaign funds. The guilty plea had a maximum sentence of three years; he was sentenced to eight months in prison. (2015)[13][14]
  • Trey Radel (R-FL) was convicted of possession of cocaine in November 2013. As a first-time offender, he was sentenced to one year probation and fined $250. Radel announced he would take a leave of absence, but did not resign. Later, under pressure from a number of Republican leaders, he announced through a spokesperson that he would resign. (2013)[15][16][17]
  • Rick Renzi (R-AZ) was found guilty on 17 of 32 counts against him June 12, 2013, including wire fraud, conspiracy, extortion, racketeering, money laundering and making false statements to insurance regulators. (2013)[18]
  • Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL) pleaded guilty February 20, 2013, to one count of wire and mail fraud in connection with his misuse of $750,000 in campaign funds. Jackson was sentenced to two-and-one-half years' imprisonment. (2013)[19]
  • Laura Richardson (D-CA) was found guilty on seven counts of violating US House rules by improperly using her staff to campaign for her, destroying the evidence and tampering with witness testimony. The House Ethics Committee ordered Richardson to pay a fine of $10,000. (2012)[20][21]

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I voted no because they all do not want open that can....

I agree, I'm not sure but the way I understand it once they make it official then they are also available for investigation which they do not want. They seem to want to keep Trump on the defensive all the while keeping themselves safe but once it's open warfare then the real show will begin.