• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poll: can a man be a feminist?

Can a man be a feminist?

• Total voters

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Aaaah more acronyms.
Talking about politics with feminists requires a phrase
book...like any other unfamiliar foreign language.

I only know of "TERF" from trans issues. "SWERF"
must be about sex work, eh. BTW, my being pro-SW
got me branded "anti-feminist" by one of'm. Seems
women have bodily autonomy so long as they don't
profit from happy endings. Go figure.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
To an extent. TERFs and SWERFs are a loud minority. Most modern feminism is intersectional. (Meaning it intersects with other aspects that drive peoples' places in social hierarchy and how they might be affected by systemic and social issues based on radicalization, sexuality, economic status, nationality, religion, language, race, and so on).
Ok. I'm at base camp here. In fact, I've not even polished my crampons. Do all feminists have the same ultimate goal? (I'd naively assume yes).

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Ok. I'm at base camp here. In fact, I've not even polished my crampons. Do all feminists have the same ultimate goal? (I'd naively assume yes).

Yes. We won't rest until all the men submit to our rule and all the fun has been sucked out of everything.

But more seriously, for the most part. All feminism at least seeks to combat systemic and social factors that marginalize women.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No (IMO). Last time I surveyed the internet, I
found about 2 dozen different flavors of feminism.
Think of feminism as a template that could exist
within any political & economic philosophy, eg,
capitalist, communist, democratic, authoritarian,
big government, libertarian. They'd have very
some very different goals in pursuit of equality.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I say yes,we are both human after all,there a few differences though,if a man says “that’s fine” it’s all good,however if a woman says it you’ve probably screwed up somewhere.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Judging by the votes, it's one thing that many feel strongly enough about to vote, so some progress. :D

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
**MOD POST**

THREAD REOPENED

THE TOPIC IS WHETHER OR NOT MEN CAN IDENTIFY AS FEMINIST. PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. THOSE THAT WISH TO DEBATE THE VALIDITY OF FEMINISM MAY DO SO IN A NEW THREAD.