• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[Poll] Are You Living The Life You Want?

Are You Living The Life You Want?

• Yes

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters

dave_

My previous thread wasn't specific enough.So i opened this one.I am not questioning validity of free will etc.My question is not philosophical.I wonder how much of human population live the life they want.

Me

I am afraid people can hurt me so i am slave to my fears.
I am slave to a profession i don't like.
I don't fit in to society so i am a slave to society's rules.

In general i pretty much feel like i am in a prison.

So i am not.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
A poll among workers shows more than half are not working in the profession they studied for!

I actually chose to be a toolmaker.
I have a knack for it.

I chose martial arts and have done well enough.....my fear of large aggression....is not so large.

I chose disco dancing when it was still popular.
It made me popular.

I met my wife as the disco.....I've married well.

At this time my employment puts me at distance from those I love.
That sucks.

But for the most part I suspect I'm better off than most.

Perhaps happiness is relative.

Marisa

I am a wife and mother, and though I never thought I'd want this life when I was a young woman I quite enjoy it. But, there are many lives I could be living that I'd feel I wanted as well. I would adore having focused all my energies on exploring the sciences.

Laika

Premium Member
Voted No as I suffer from depression, but I daily work towards overcoming it.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I voted yes, and there's no major thing in my life I would change even if I could. I love my family, my friends, and the job I used to do.

xkatz

I dunno. I am slowly moving towards were I want to be in life, but still not there yet.

suncowiam

Yes.

My kids and wife take much of my time and it never felt more natural for me to do so. But then I sneak away and posts on these forums...

Laika

Premium Member
A suggestion: When you feel depressed, remember, someone is going to be sleeping with Cher tonight, and it isn't you, so cheer up. It could be worse!

Humor is by far the best medicine for depression. So thanks. :)

ZooGirl02

I do not feel like I am living the life that I want and I don't feel like I will be living the life that I want until I hopefully reach Heaven someday. There is too much suffering of various kinds in this world for this to be the life that I would want. Rather, I desire the Heavenly life in which I believe there will be no suffering of any kind.

illykitty

RF's pet cat
Not quite, things could be better but could be worse.

I have depression and social anxiety, so these things hold me back quite a bit. But I'm glad I was strong enough to move to the UK because marrying my husband is one of the best decision I've taken. That is the part of my life that I feel happy with.

I think the biggest thing I've got to work on is to do what I want, be true to myself. Not worry about what others might think. It's a little difficult for me, not because I don't want to do it, but because my self confidence was eroded by things that happened growing up.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
No I'm not. I am sick of having to have goals to move about life . . I'd rather just have rhythms.

Once all my activities are rhythms, then I'm happy.