• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Politico publishes a draft of the Supreme Court reversing Roe and Casey

F1fan

Veteran Member
Someone leaked a draft of the decision due out this summer by Alito writing an opinion to overturn Roe and Casey. If true, and is not edited or chained significantly it means abortion will be illegal immediately in half the nation. Expectations were that justices would not go so far as to overturn Roe, but write a limitation of abortion rights to 15 weeks or perhaps 6 weeks. This suggests the justices have gone all the way to eliminate all reproductive freedom for women in the USA, leaving only certain states where abortion services are available.

Politics, Policy, Political News- POLITICO

Will this decision affect the midterms? What will be the reaction by the divided states on this issue?

F1fan

Veteran Member
To solve this cultural divide that threatens our freedom and democracy, relocate all of the religious conservatives to Texas and allow the state to secede, creating their own little third world theocracy, then build the wall albeit around the opposite side of the state.
It's not too far fetched that red states will have a different interpretation of the Constitution than blue states. As the right goes farther right why subject the whole nation to these rulings?

F1fan

Veteran Member
I doubt abortion bans are enforceable by law, because most anyone would oppose the imprisonment of women exercising their reproductive rights.
Bans are laws, and the enforcement depends on the local law enforcement. Would you take your chances?

There are many women in prisons for crimes, including a woman who was coerced into a confession that she killed her daughter, and her execution was just stayed this week.

Watchmen

Premium Member
To solve this cultural divide that threatens our freedom and democracy, relocate all of the religious conservatives to Texas and allow the state to secede, creating their own little third world theocracy, then build the wall albeit around the opposite side of the state.
The same could be said of California (just not a theocracy).

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I'd like to be astonished -- but no, too much has happened in the Excited States lately for that to happen. Sorry, U.S., you are losing -- losing everything you've tried to build for so long. It really won't be long before you take you place with Turkey and other pretend democracies. Meanwhile, you will create a huge number of "refugees," who have to flee to Canada or elsewhere to end unwanted pregnancies.

Mitch McConnell, by flagrantly manipulating the process of appointing SCOTUS justices, has added one more layer of fascist control over your lives, and I'm afraid you're just going to have to live with it.

Chief Justice Roberts is, unfortunately, just one voice, and Trump and McConnell have ensured that it is now pretty much ineffectual -- although he seems to be an honourable and thoughtful man.

Women? Forget trying to be equal citizens -- how long can it be before you're back in the kitchen and doing what your lord and master tells you to? You will lie down when told, accept what happens to you, and nurture the consequence. Once in a while, he may let you out of the house -- if only to go to church.

I know what I just wrote -- it seems way over the top -- and it is where a lot of your Republicans are desperate to take you. And because you're so fixated on unimportant **** -- you will let them.

Watchmen

Premium Member
I'd like to be astonished -- but no, too much has happened in the Excited States lately for that to happen. Sorry, U.S., you are losing -- losing everything you've tried to build for so long. It really won't be long before you take you place with Turkey and other pretend democracies. Meanwhile, you will create a huge number of "refugees," who have to flee to Canada or elsewhere to end unwanted pregnancies.

Mitch McConnell, by flagrantly manipulating the process of appointing SCOTUS justices, has added one more layer of fascist control over your lives, and I'm afraid you're just going to have to live with it.

Chief Justice Roberts is, unfortunately, just one voice, and Trump and McConnell have ensured that it is now pretty much ineffectual -- although he seems to be an honourable and thoughtful man.

Women? Forget trying to be equal citizens -- how long can it be before you're back in the kitchen and doing what your lord and master tells you to? You will lie down when told, accept what happens to you, and nurture the consequence. Once in a while, he may let you out of the house -- if only to go to church.

I know what I just wrote -- it seems way over the top -- and it is where a lot of your Republicans are desperate to take you. And because you're so fixated on unimportant **** -- you will let them.
Laughable and ignorant.

Reactions: KW

Ella S.

*temp banned*

Well, when we vote our only choices are between the Democratic Party, which is a shallow figurehead for the interests of the wealthy elite, and the Republican Party, which is a shallow figurehead for the interests of the wealthy elite.

To add insult to injury, our elected officials are rarely the ones that have actual power. Most of that power is in the hands of a select few judges and local law enforcement, which we don't even have the illusion of voting for. Then they line their pockets with bribes and become, you guessed it, shallow figureheads for the interests of the wealthy elite.

Then people look around and wonder why the country is slowly devolving into a corporatocratic dystopia, not realizing that we haven't been a democracy in a very long time.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I doubt abortion bans are enforceable by law, because most anyone would oppose the imprisonment of women exercising their reproductive rights.
If abortion is murder as some claim, then to treat some murders differently than others is utterly hypocritical.

KW

Someone leaked a draft of the decision due out this summer by Alito writing an opinion to overturn Roe and Casey. If true, and is not edited or chained significantly it means abortion will be illegal immediately in half the nation. Expectations were that justices would not go so far as to overturn Roe, but write a limitation of abortion rights to 15 weeks or perhaps 6 weeks. This suggests the justices have gone all the way to eliminate all reproductive freedom for women in the USA, leaving only certain states where abortion services are available.

Politics, Policy, Political News- POLITICO

Will this decision affect the midterms? What will be the reaction by the divided states on this issue?

The leftist insurrection is underway. Barricades up at the Supreme Court.

Shaul

Premium Member
Why would someone willing to perform abortions let a little thing like it being illegal stop them?