• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Political Compass Test

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Changed a little from here . Political Compass Results

chart (2).png

But only a little

Last edited:
Screenshot 2019-05-27 at 09.44.58.png

Thomas 'Leviathan' Hobbes near the centre of authoritarian/libertarian? Thomas "by definition, all acts of the sovereign/monarch are just" Hobbes a centrist? Thomas "democracy leads to anarchy" Hobbes is significantly less authoritarian than both candidates in the last US Presidential election (as is Fidel Castro)?

Mussonlini on the economic far right?

thinking-face_1f914.png

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
20190509_225012.jpg

A moderate /gasp!

Slight left lean this time, sometimes a right lean. I've taken this same test over the years I usually range from +2 or -2 from the center.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
View attachment 29402

Thomas 'Leviathan' Hobbes near the centre of authoritarian/libertarian? Thomas "by definition, all acts of the sovereign/monarch are just" Hobbes a centrist? Thomas "democracy leads to anarchy" Hobbes is significantly less authoritarian than both candidates in the last US Presidential election (as is Fidel Castro)?

thinking-face_1f914.png
That was already addressed.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
If you actually look at Trump's words from the horse's mouth and not taken out of context by so-called "journalists" wanting clicks and retweets, he's a pretty middle-of-the-road guy on most things. Even his stance on the border and foreign policy are pretty standard 2000's Democratic fare.

Trump now basically has Bill Clinton's politics as President from the 90's. Hell Bill wanted to build a border wall and the Democrats gave a standing ovation!

That was already addressed.

Didn't see that. It's a pretty lame disclaimer though. "We didn't really bother to look at their views, but thought it would look pretty with some faces on it. We hope we got them in the correct quadrants at least [*Narrator: they did not*], and have put them in some kind of approximate order within these, but it's not our fault if they are wrong. It's basically clickbait, who cares if it's misleading?"

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Didn't see that. It's a pretty lame disclaimer though. "We didn't really bother to look at their views, but thought it would look pretty with some faces on it. We hope we got them in the correct quadrants at least [*Narrator: they did not*], and have put them in some kind of approximate order within these, but it's not our fault if they are wrong. It's basically clickbait, who cares if it's misleading?"
You've basically summed up all of advertising. Who cares ehn it gets people attention?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
It would appear I've move a bit farther to the left than the last time I took this.

Economic Left/Right: 0.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.77

chart

ETA: Hmm...just .25 more to the left, so not as much as I thought, though I have moved more Libertarian by 1.08. Political Compass Results

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"While the caricatures have been placed in the quadrants appropriate to their political views, we have not attempted to place them accurately within their quadrants. Aesthetics took priority over ideology in this instance. So before you write to us to complain that we have Sanders to the left of Mandela, or that Ayn Rand believed in libertarianism only for the élite, consider that the certificate is designed to start conversations, not to settle bets.". -Pol compass website
Ayn Rand actually despised Libertarians.
I don't recall why...but it doesn't strike me as something worth knowing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
View attachment 29402

thinking-face_1f914.png
There should be a Groundskeeper Willie avatar right under Friedrich Hayek
(looking right up his skirt)....mid way between Milton Friedman & Ayn Rand.

Terry Sampson

Ayn Rand actually despised Libertarians.
I don't recall why...but it doesn't strike me as something worth knowing.

I disagree. Enquiring minds wanna know. Probably a disappointing affair or romance behind it. I hear that the reason there's no Nobel Prize in Mathematics is because Nobel found out that his wife was having an affair with one.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
For anyone who dislikes the quiz, I'm happy to take recommendations of better ones. I just wanted something free and relatively short we all could take. Isidewith is much worse IMO.

Terry Sampson

"While the caricatures have been placed in the quadrants appropriate to their political views, we have not attempted to place them accurately within their quadrants.". -Pol compass website

Ackkk! That explains the cause for my puzzlement. Thanks!

[Thank goodness there's always at least one person in the crowd who reads the fine print.]

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I am always in the red square. Tumah and I seem to be the only ones there though.

Depending on the issue being asked about, I flip hard red. But they ask about a mix of issues on the quiz and then generalize you to a single point. Authoritarianism is the only way, for example, that the human-induced ecocide will get resolved. Humans will not do this on their own, even when they start running themselves into the ground as they have. I'm not the only environmentalist that has observed this sad truth. Most of us hope it isn't a truth. :sweat: