• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Political Christian Morality

Shushersbedamned

It's useless you provide them with the evidence.
They won't answer you...
I'm like that - at the bottom of it all - I accept no evidence of anything (or at least not what people in general count as evidence; must be annoying) On the other hand - I never ask others to present evidence, whilst you hardly talk of anything else. So you see the contradiction.

Riders

“I would cite you to the Apostle Paul and his clear and wise command in Romans 13, to obey the laws of the government because God has ordained the government for his purposes. Orderly and lawful processes are good in themselves. Consistent and fair application of the law is in itself a good and moral thing, and that protects the weak and protects the lawful." -Jeff Sessions

"I can say that it is very biblical to enforce the law. That is actually repeated a number of times throughout the Bible,” she said. “It’s a moral policy to follow and enforce the law.”-Sarah Huckabee Sanders

I implore @Sunstone @Faithofchristian and others to watch the following video starting @ 6:50 in relation to this thread, but if you want, I encourage you all to see the whole video especially from the part where you can hear the children crying.

I have to ask the Christians since, after all, many Christians state that this is a so-called Christian nation, at what point do you in light of your religious/spiritual beliefs go against the establishment in this case, laws that appear to be morally defunct?

Yes its good toi obey the laws but sense you conservative Christians believe you have to be a Republican to be saved where in the bible does it point to be the right political affiliation..

Riders

Oh and by the way I got a question for all Republican Christians here.

WHy is it that you only recite scriptures about praying for our leaders and obeying the law supporting the President when a Republican conservative is in the President seat? I didnt hear all this talk about biblical scriptures obeying the leaders when Obauma was in why not then? Did the scriptures suddenly change?

Ponder This

“I would cite you to the Apostle Paul and his clear and wise command in Romans 13, to obey the laws of the government because God has ordained the government for his purposes. Orderly and lawful processes are good in themselves. Consistent and fair application of the law is in itself a good and moral thing, and that protects the weak and protects the lawful." -Jeff Sessions

"I can say that it is very biblical to enforce the law. That is actually repeated a number of times throughout the Bible,” she said. “It’s a moral policy to follow and enforce the law.”-Sarah Huckabee Sanders

I implore @Sunstone @Faithofchristian and others to watch the following video starting @ 6:50 in relation to this thread, but if you want, I encourage you all to see the whole video especially from the part where you can hear the children crying.

I don't think it makes sense to say that anyone is morally obligated to follow morally defunct laws, but rather that Christians are called upon to distinguish between attachment to temporary material existence and obligation to higher spiritual authority.

Shad

Veteran Member

I guess Sessions forgot about the Christian martyrs that died violating Roman law when it conflicted with their faith.

Cobol

Code Jockey
I in cite you Epic Beard Man, to hear the crys of those babies that are being killed in Abortions.

Furthermore yes we are to obey the laws of the Government as long they are within the confounding of God's law..
That no laws of man's supersedes God's law.
Like abortions are not within God's law, As it is written, "Thou shalt not kill"

As for another, You seem to not mind that liberal democrats back before the civil war and after the civil war, taking African Americans children ripping them from their parents arms. It was liberal democrats who made the law back at the time of Bill Clinton 1997, about illegal immigrants children.

Where children were separated from their parents as they crossed the boarder into the USA under the Obama administration?

We are repeatedly informed that the separation of illegal immigrant children from the family is a policy created by the Obama administration. Is this true or is it just Mr. Sessions policy.

Did President Obama’s administration remove children from their parents when they came to the U.S. illegally? Someone on FaceBook is saying this and I want to see if this is true.

NEWSWEEK: OBAMA HELD MORE THAN DOUBLE THE NUMBER OF CHILDREN IN SHELTERS COMPARED TO TRUMP WHITE HOUSE

Did Bill Clinton enact a law that made it legal to separate migrants from their children. We’re migrants forced to surrender their children during the Obama administration?

THE LAW TO SEPARATE PARENTS FROM THEIR CHILDREN WHEN THEY CROSS THE BORDER ILLEGALLY WAS PASSED IN 1997 By Bill Clintion. NOW IT’S A PROBLEM?

Typical liberal democrats were all for it in 1997,

Now Liberals democrats going against what they supported in 1997.

What about those African Americans childern before and after the Civil War that were ripped from their parents arms by the liberal democrats and the KKK.

People seem to forget that this was all done by the Liberal Democrats in the South. That how back in 1997 Bill Clinton made it such a law.and liberal democrats still can not face the fact it was liberal democrats that made it law.

So what do you suppose, how Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton would do, if this was back at the time African Americans were slaves and ripping their children from their arms. Seeing Bill Clinton made such a law in 1997 ?

People seem to forget that Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton are from that South. That wanted to keep African Americans in Slavery and the taking African Americans ripping their children from their arms at the time of Slavery.

Hillary Clinton and Barrack Obama on illegal children.2014: “Just because your child gets across the border, doesn’t mean your child gets to stay...” —Hillary “ Do not send your children to our borders or they will get sent back!” —Obama"
Click on Twitter below to see video.
Twitter

But you seem not to mind Supporting a Party that did all of this, Now do you
Epic Beard Man

Your simply making things up like our President does.

You might want to actually read the law of 1997.

No federal law required or suggested the family separation policy announced by Attorney General Sessions in several sets of remarks during April, May and June of 2018.

Last edited:

Oeste

It was your liberal democrat President Bill Clinton back in 1997 that pass the illegal immigrants law
The law you liberal democrats are now complaining about.

This is nonsense.

There is NOTHING...zip, nada, zero...in the law that requires the separation of children from their families.

This is an act of Sessions and the Trump administration.

ecco

Veteran Member
I guess Sessions forgot about the Christian martyrs that died violating Roman law when it conflicted with their faith.
Maybe that's why he had an embarrassed grin on his face while he was reciting scripture. He was afraid someone would call him out on his BS.

Old saying: Smiling faces tell lies.

Shad

Veteran Member
Maybe that's why he had an embarrassed grin on his face while he was reciting scripture. He was afraid someone would call him out on his BS.

I will have to watch the video itself to see. It wouldn't surprise me as Christianity is politically fashionable in the GOP.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I don't know where you live but gypsys in the UK are predominantly British, I assumed the same in Italy.

Oh, I know why people voted for Brexit, it was papers like the Telegraph, Sun, Mail and Express ramping up stories about 'scary' migrants. The same migrants that we are starting to miss as we cannot man our health service and hotels in London are struggling for staff and fruit and other crops are going to waste because of a shortage of pickers.

About 50% of gipsies in Italy are Italian nationals. I just found out in the news, since Italy wants to count them, and possibly kick the other 50% out.

Ciao

- viole

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

I have to ask the Christians since, after all, many Christians state that this is a so-called Christian nation, at what point do you in light of your religious/spiritual beliefs go against the establishment in this case, laws that appear to be morally defunct?

'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in. ...Matthew 25:35

Prima facie, if being Christian entails taking Jesus seriously, whoever approves the splitting of foreigner families is not a Christian.

Ciao

- viole

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Laws are made by man, and they change all the time. They're not writ in stone. We have no moral obligation to follow them, IMHO.
As for 'Christian morals', it seems to me Trump's evangelical base is doing, and supporting policies, exactly opposite of of what Jesus preached.
When application of a law fails to be helpful, it's our moral duty to oppose it.
A general observation before I watch the video. Call "Godwin" if you want, but Germany under the Nazis had "orderly and lawful processes". Those things in and of themselves mean little to whether or not the laws are moral, although due process does tend to create an equality of all under the law. Still, if the laws are bad, how much does it matter to you who is hanged before or after you?
Good reference.
The Republican excuse that they're only following the law; that their hands are tied, is nothing more than a variant of the legally discredited Nuremberg defense: "I was only following orders."

Oeste

Actually my question was: "Is it moral that parents smuggle their children across the border? Do they deserve to be parents?".
Irresponsible parents are deprived of child custody all the time.

During 1845 and 1855 over 1.5 million adults and children left Ireland to seek refuge in America, a fair number of them suffering from starvation or disease during the potato famine. Nearly 4.7 million Irish immigrated from 1820 and 1975 accounting for nearly half of all immigrants to America during that time and roughly 10% Ireland's entire population.

America did not have immigration quotas prior to 1930. You just showed up, pass quarantine, and you were in. But I suspect even if we did have quotas back then the question would not have been "Is it moral for parents to smuggle their children across the border" but whether it was moral to deny them entry.

The idea "Do they deserve to be parents?" most likely would not have crossed their minds.

Riders

Laws are made by man, and they change all the time. They're not writ in stone. We have no moral obligation to follow them, IMHO.
As for 'Christian morals', it seems to me Trump's evangelical base is doing, and supporting policies, exactly opposite of of what Jesus preached.
When application of a law fails to be helpful, it's our moral duty to oppose it.
Good reference.
The Republican excuse that they're only following the law; that their hands are tied, is nothing more than a variant of the legally discredited Nuremberg defense: "I was only following orders."

Considering the fact that a lot of KKKs follow Trump oh yea and they claim to be Christian.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Estro Felino said:
Actually my question was: "Is it moral that parents smuggle their children across the border? Do they deserve to be parents?".
Irresponsible parents are deprived of child custody all the time.
Is it moral to place your children in imminent danger? Would a good parent not sacrifice everything in a desperate attempt to save her children?
These are refugees, fleeing violent, anarchic states and immediate threats to their lives. You seem to think they're opportunists.

Migrant parents separated from children: 'We came because we didn't want to be killed'

Last edited:

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
Almost all biblical scholars do not think that Paul (a real radical) wrote that. Read the book on Paul by Markus Borg and John Crossan. The evidence is pretty strong that Paul's message was 'tamed' to conform to the Roman power structure.

Thermos aquaticus

Ms. Sanders seems to have confused morality for obedience. "I was just following orders" was a line used by the least moral people of the last 100 years.

74x12

Shouldn't obey a law when it goes against your conscious. If it really goes against your conscious then don't obey it. That's for people who listen to their conscious. Anyone can claim their conscious is telling them something. People abuse everything.

We need to end these laws and rules that separate children immediately. I don't trust the government on a good day. I definitely don't trust them to watch children. Children belong to their parents and need to be kept where people actually care about them.