• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Police: Woman killed man who fired AR-15-style rifle into party crowd

We Never Know

No Slack
Think what might have happened if she wasn't armed.

"Police: Woman killed man who fired rifle into party crowd"

"CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- A woman in West Virginia fatally shot a man who began firing an AR-15-style rifle into a crowd of people that had gathered for a party, authorities said.

Dennis Butler, 37, was killed Wednesday night after he pulled out the rifle and began shooting at dozens of people attending the birthday-graduation party outside an apartment complex in the city of Charleston, police said in a statement.

The woman, who was attending the party, drew a pistol and fired, killing Butler, the statement said. No one at the party was injured.

“Instead of running from the threat, she engaged with the threat and saved several lives last night,” Chief of Detectives Tony Hazelett told news outlets Thursday.

Butler was at the apartment complex earlier in the evening in a vehicle and had been warned to slow down because children were playing, police said. They said he left, but returned later, parked in front of the complex and began firing.

After fatally shooting Butler, the woman waited along with several witnesses for police to arrive, and all have cooperated with the investigation, authorities said."

https://abcnews-go-com.cdn.ampproje...n-killed-man-fired-rifle-party-crowd-85002437

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

"CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- A woman in West Virginia fatally shot a man who began firing an AR-15-style rifle into a crowd of people that had gathered for a party, authorities said.

Dennis Butler, 37, was killed Wednesday night after he pulled out the rifle and began shooting at dozens of people attending the birthday-graduation party outside an apartment complex in the city of Charleston, police said in a statement.

The woman, who was attending the party, drew a pistol and fired, killing Butler, the statement said. No one at the party was injured.

“Instead of running from the threat, she engaged with the threat and saved several lives last night,” Chief of Detectives Tony Hazelett told news outlets Thursday.

Butler was at the apartment complex earlier in the evening in a vehicle and had been warned to slow down because children were playing, police said. They said he left, but returned later, parked in front of the complex and began firing.

After fatally shooting Butler, the woman waited along with several witnesses for police to arrive, and all have cooperated with the investigation, authorities said."

https://abcnews-go-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/wireStory/police-woman-killed-man-fired-rifle-party-crowd-85002437?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#aoh=16537871860758&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-woman-killed-man-fired-rifle-party-crowd-85002437
You know what the evil anti gun crowd is going to say.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

https://abcnews-go-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/wireStory/police-woman-killed-man-fired-rifle-party-crowd-85002437?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw==#aoh=16537871860758&referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-woman-killed-man-fired-rifle-party-crowd-85002437

And imagine if teachers were armed.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Apparently this saved lives as well.

Seems there is a stalemate with the debates.
Actually it only minimised the loss of life in a situation where civilians are armed, but the casualties could have been lower by one if neither were armed.

But sure, if you want to spin such an obvious loss of debate as a stalemate I guess *shrugs*

In my opinion.

Twilight Hue

Actually it only minimised the loss of life in a situation where civilians are armed, but the casualties could have been lower by one if neither were armed.

But sure, if you want to spin such an obvious loss of debate as a stalemate I guess *shrugs*
No its not spin. It's just being realistic.

A psychopath will attempt kill by any means available.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Probably an explosion or a car running people down.
Explosions dont happen nearly as often as gun violence in the US, and having traffic barriers in strategic locations such as around crowds means that ramming civilians is getting rarer too.

In my opinion.

Twilight Hue

Explosions dont happen nearly as often as gun violence in the US, and having traffic barriers in strategic locations such as around crowds means that ramming civilians is getting rarer too.

In my opinion.
Givin the climate of the rise in homicidal maniacs, that could very well change.

Of course time will tell and I hope your right.

Twilight Hue

So we should give them the worst easiest most convenient means of doing it possible?

In my opinion.

Not so easy if other people being attacked are armed themselves.

It can go both ways as I think harmless unarmed people are a convenience in itself.

Twilight Hue

So you have no compassion for those who drew the genetic/environmental short straw and you want to call us evil?

In my opinion.
Compassion is just what that woman demonstrated by quickly removing the threat and saving lives.

It comes in many forms depending on circumstances and conditions.