• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poland blackmailed by the EU

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The EU is not a dictatorship. The EU commission is the primary source of legislation, however the EU parliament which passes EU legislation, is a democratic institution. Your definition I cannot agree with.

Do you believe that the mechanism by which the ECB issues money and puts it into the European economic system, is legal/lawful?

After all the Commission, the ECB and the IMF are called Troika. A very dictatorial trio.

They want to create a nightmarish Europe, where only the big banking powers rule behind the stage.

Last edited:

Azrael Antilla

Do you believe that the mechanism by which the ECB issues money and puts it into the European economic system, is legal/lawful?

After all the Commission, the ECB and the IMF are called Troika. A very dictatorial trio.

They want to create a nightmarish Europe, where only the big banking powers rule behind the stage.
To be honest. I am not an economist or any kind of authority on the European banking system. So my opinion here, legal or otherwise, would be next to worthless. All I can say is that the treaties specifically detail that as time goes on, more legislative powers will be transferred from the EU commission to the EU parliament. Which will increase the democratic accountability of the EU. Since every EU citizen can vote for the MEP of their choice to represent them in the EU parliament.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
To be honest. I am not an economist or any kind of authority on the European banking system. So my opinion here, legal or otherwise, would be next to worthless. All I can say is that the treaties specifically detail that as time goes on, more legislative powers will be transferred from the EU commission to the EU parliament. Which will increase the democratic accountability of the EU. Since every EU citizen can vote for the MEP of their choice to represent them in the EU parliament.

All the Remainers from Britain who I have met (here and in real life) aleays spoke of how good the EU is for their own country.
I have never heard them speak of the relations between the EU and other countries.
Other than the UK.
I have never heard them speak in favor of other countries.

This is not the spirit of the EU, with all due respect.
The spirit of the EU is to empathize with the other EU countries.
As I did with this thread. I an Italian, started a thread about Poland. A country I have never visited but that I admire...and above all I empathize with her, for her very difficult past.
But I would do that with any other EU country.

It takes that spirit to be part of the European Union.

Azrael Antilla

All the Remainers from Britain who I have met (here and in real life) aleays spoke of how good the EU is for their own country.
I have never heard them speak of the relations between the EU and other countries.
Other than the UK.
I have never heard them speak in favor of other countries.

This is not the spirit of the EU, with all due respect.
The spirit of the EU is to empathize with the other EU countries.
As I did with this thread. I an Italian, started a thread about Poland. A country I have never visited but that I admire...and above all I empathize with her, for her very difficult past.
But I would do that with any other EU country.

It takes that spirit to be part of the European Union.
British
Remainers are pro European. They assume I guess that all citizens of EU member states enjoy the same benefits of EU membership, like tariff free trade free movement and regional investment funding etc..as we did. Despite the popular image, we Brits are not all parochial nationalist insular xenophobic isolationists. With scant regard for economic prosperity I might add. Many of us have multi national parents. My father was German. My mother is Norwegian/English. This island group has in fact been a European people's melting pot, for thousands of years, Romans, Normans, Celts, Saxons, Danes, Angles and Jutes included. We're as European as you get. English is a Germanic language with Scandinavian and French and Latin vocabulary. Whether we like it or not. The UK is very much a European nation. It's place is within the EU. I hope that reflects the conviction of my spirit. We thoughtful Brits are always interested in what goes on beyond our borders. Especially in Europe. You're our closest kin, culturally we have more in common with Europe than we do the USA. Despite our historically close alignment with Washington and common language.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
British
Remainers are pro European. They assume I guess that all citizens of EU member states enjoy the same benefits of EU membership, like tariff free trade free movement and regional investment funding etc..as we did. Despite the popular image, we Brits are not all parochial nationalist insular xenophobic isolationists. With scant regard for economic prosperity I might add. Many of us have multi national parents. My father was German. My mother is Norwegian/English. This island group has in fact been a European people's melting pot, for thousands of years, Romans, Normans, Celts, Saxons, Danes, Angles and Jutes included. We're as European as you get. English is a Germanic language with Scandinavian and French and Latin vocabulary. Whether we like it or not. The UK is very much a European nation. It's place is within the EU. I hope that reflects the conviction of my spirit. We thoughtful Brits are always interested in what goes on beyond our borders. Especially in Europe. You're our closest kin, culturally we have more in common with Europe than we do the USA. Despite our historically close alignment with Washington and common language.

That's very kind of you.
That is why the EU is about the peoples.
Not about the EU institutions.