• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Poland blackmailed by the EU

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The EU Commission basically said to PM M. Morawiecki :
Either you change your Constitution and establish by law that the EU legislation prevails over the Polish one,
Or you can say goodbye to the EU recovery fund.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Good! Either follow the rules or face the consequences.

The sovereignty of States prevails over the EU.
Also because I did not understand what the EU is, juridically. According to international law.
A State? A corporation of billionaires disguised as absolute monarchs?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
The EU is a contract. Private law.
And the public law of any State always prevails over contracts and private law codes.
At least these are the things you learn at the first year of law school.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
The sovereignty of States prevails over the EU.
Also because I did not understand what the EU is, juridically. According to international law.
A State? A corporation of billionaires disguised as absolute monarchs?

Well, the EU is a set of rules and you either follow them or you don't. And if you don't follow then you are not a part of the EU.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well, the EU is a set of rules and you either follow them or you don't. And if you don't follow then you are not a part of the EU.
According to the principle pacta sunt servanda, of course.
Let us not forget that the public law of any state prevails over a treaty, which is juridically a contract, private law.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
The EU is a contract. Private law.
And the public law of any State always prevails over contracts and private law codes.
At least these are the things you learn at the first year of law school.

It is not a private law. It is a set of rules between states. States are not private.
If you local state laws don't allow you to follow the rules, then leave.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It is not a private law. It is a set of rules between states. States are not private.
If you local state laws don't allow you to follow the rules, then leave.

International law says that there is no entity which is juridically superior to the sovereign state. No supranational entity can impose anything to the sovereign state.

Last edited:

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
According to the principle pacta sunt servanda, of course.
Let us not forget that the public law of any state prevails over a treaty, which is juridically a contract, private law.

Well, the difference is that in e.g. Danish law international laws that the Danish state has agreed to, trump Danish states laws or the Danish state has to leave the agreement it has entered.
So we have a law for that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
International law says that there is no entity which is juridically superior to the sovereign state. No supranational entity cannot impose anything to the sovereign state.

I suppose you are Danish, right?
It is like the EU imposed Danemark to enter the Eurozone. Take it or leave it.
Can you cite this international law?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Yeah, Poland is not following the treaty they have signed. Either change Polish law or leave. That is their option. Nobody is forcing them to do the one or the other in the end.

I imagine if the EU imposed Danemark the entrance into the eurozone, Danemark would quit the EU. Right?

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Well, the difference is that in e.g. Danish law international laws that the Danish state has agreed to, trump Danish states laws or the Danish state has to leave the agreement it has entered.
So we have a law for that.

Give me the juridical definition of the EU.
What is it? A State?