• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

*Pokes head in* Um...Hi.

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
Heeeey. So.

I'm not new. But I thought I needed to come back and apologize to you all.

Because, see, I've been a little...over the place since I last left. Jumping from one religion to another. Probably annoying people in the process.

In the time I've been gone, I've gone through several things, including a scare related to my father's health. I started seeing my therapist again and she (my therapist) determined that my "jumping" was a trauma reaction to my father's failing health. To quote her, "You were scared and wanted answers, so you were looking everywhere you could for help." But in the process, I was hurting myself. And I wasn't even aware.

But then, Krishna came along. This is just my personal story, and from here, if you think it's bunk, that's totally okay. But I am grateful to Krishna for helping me through this whole ordeal. Even though I am a therapist myself, I hate to take my own advice, and admitting that I need help and I can't control something (my father's impending mortality...) isn't easy.

So after a break, I am back. I wanted to re-introduce myself. Hi. I'm Ashoka. I'm a therapist, a devotee of Krishna, a cat mom, and the daughter of an amazing father whom I love more than anything.

So...yeah. *kicks a small stone*

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Heeeey. So.

Because, see, I've been a little...over the place since I last left. Jumping from one religion to another. Probably annoying people in the process.

In the time I've been gone, I've gone through several things, including a scare related to my father's health. I started seeing my therapist again and she (my therapist) determined that my "jumping" was a trauma reaction to my father's failing health. To quote her, "You were scared and wanted answers, so you were looking everywhere you could for help." But in the process, I was hurting myself. And I wasn't even aware.

But then, Krishna came along. This is just my personal story, and from here, if you think it's bunk, that's totally okay. But I am grateful to Krishna for helping me through this whole ordeal. Even though I am a therapist myself, I hate to take my own advice, and admitting that I need help and I can't control something (my father's impending mortality...) isn't easy.

So after a break, I am back. I wanted to re-introduce myself. Hi. I'm Ashoka. I'm a therapist, a devotee of Krishna, a cat mom, and the daughter of an amazing father whom I love more than anything.

Welcome back, my friend. I'm sorry you've been through a difficult time. It's good to see you again, and I hope that you and your father are doing well.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Heeeey. So.

Regardless of differences, it's my hope your father will be OK.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Heeeey. So.

Welcome back! Good to see you again.

I'm sorry about your father's health. I wish both of you the best.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Heeeey. So.

Aw, glad you're back. I am a jumper as well, but I don't know why. I am glad you found an answer and that Krishna is there for you. I like Krishna as well. Good to hear from you.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Re-greetings!
Have some....
R.40a9f69329ab684d5b09dc5bce73d0d1

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
Heeeey. So.

Namaste, dear Ashoka. :praying:

In the time I've been gone, I've gone through several things, including a scare related to my father's health.

I hope everything is better for you and yours now.

I started seeing my therapist again and she (my therapist) determined that my "jumping" was a trauma reaction to my father's failing health. To quote her, "You were scared and wanted answers, so you were looking everywhere you could for help."

That is probably one major factor. Another factor is that you may be a seeker rather than a believer. Something wonderful about Hinduism is that it’s for seekers rather than believers.

But in the process, I was hurting myself. And I wasn't even aware.

How was it hurting you, if you don’t mind me asking? In my own experience, religion jumping leads to nihilistic thoughts.

But then, Krishna came along. This is just my personal story, and from here, if you think it's bunk, that's totally okay. But I am grateful to Krishna for helping me through this whole ordeal.

I rejoice in hearing this! Jaya Sri Krishna!

Even though I am a therapist myself, I hate to take my own advice, and admitting that I need help and I can't control something (my father's impending mortality...) isn't easy.

I admire it, a lot, when someone of a particular profession turns to someone else of the same profession for help.

Mortality is something that we have little influence over. If I could be there for you where you are, I would.

This is a beautiful reintroduction. You are a beautiful person, Ashoka.

So, that’s how they get into my shoes… :p