• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

POEMS, MYTHS OF CREATION AND LOGICAL COSMOLOGY

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
The Parminede´s Poem - Poem of Parmenides : on nature - more than suggest that humans are able to gather knowledge and communicate with the creation as such. A human skill, which is much ignored in the interpreting of the ancient myths.

Excerpt of the poem:
"The steeds that bear me carried me as far as ever my heart
Desired, since they brought me and set me on the renowned
Way of the goddess, who with her own hands conducts the man
who knows through all things. On what way was I borne

5 along; for on it did the wise steeds carry me, drawing my car,
and maidens showed the way. And the axle, glowing in the socket -
for it was urged round by the whirling wheels at each
end - gave forth a sound as of a pipe, when the daughters of the
Sun, hasting to convey me into the light, threw back their veils

10 from off their faces and left the abode of Night.
There are the gates of the ways of Night and Day, fitted
above with a lintel and below with a threshold of stone. They
themselves, high in the air, are closed by mighty doors, and
Avenging Justice keeps the keys that open them. Her did

15 the maidens entreat with gentle words and skilfully persuade
to unfasten without demur the bolted bars from the gates.
Then, when the doors were thrown back,
they disclosed a widepening, when their brazen
hinges swung backwards in the

20 sockets fastened with rivets and nails. Straight through them,
on the broad way, did the maidens guide the horses and the car,
and the goddess greeted me kindly, and took my right hand
in hers, and spake to me these words: -
Welcome, noble youth, that comest to my abode on the car

25 that bears thee tended by immortal charioteers ! It is no ill
chance, but justice and right that has sent thee forth to travel
on this way. Far, indeed, does it lie from the beaten track of
men ! Meet it is that thou shouldst learn all things, as well
the unshaken heart of persuasive truth, as the opinions of

30 mortals in which is no true belief at all. Yet none the less
shalt thou learn of these things also, since thou must judge
approvedly of the things that seem to men as thou goest
through all things in thy journey."

More from Parmenides: Parmenides Cosgonomy - Parmenides - Wikipedia
Of the cosmogony of Parmenides, which was carried out very much in detail, we possess only a few fragments and notices, which are difficult to understand, according to which, with an approach to the doctrines of the Pythagoreans, he conceived the spherical mundane system, surrounded by a circle of the pure light (Olympus, Uranus); in the centre of this mundane system the solid earth, and between the two the circle of the milkyway, of the morning or evening star, of the sun, the planets, and the moon; which circle he regarded as a mixture of the two primordial elements.

My Mythological perception of the cultural Stories of Creation is:

1. The numerous cultural Stories of Creation deals primary with the Milky Way.
2. The central light of the Milky Way represents the First Light. (Not “the Sun”)
3. The central bulged structure of the Milky Way represents the “Mount Olympus”.
4. The entire Milky Way band around the Earth represent the (Winged) Cosmic Serpent – Ouroboros - Wikipedia
5. The two hemisphere white contours of the Milky Way represents the two secondary cultural deities of Light (Not the Sun) and “first humans” of both genders. In the TBP interpretations these two Milky Way figures are for instants interpreted as planet Saturn and the Sun on the northern hemisphere and as planet Venus – where the myth of the Mother Goddess Venus really belongs to the southern Milky Way hemisphere, observable in the night Sky from the "Underworld", the Earth southern hemisphere.
6. On both hemispheres, a circle (often with 4 spokes) represents the Earth celestial axis.
7. The “Tree of Life” stands in the creational center, Eden, the Milky Way center.
8. Stars, star constellations, the Sun and Moon and the planets are daughters and sons of the central Milky Way Light, i.e. they all (we all) origin from the formation in the galactic center and have spread out from here.
9. Thus, biblically spoken, everything is expelled out from the center of creation.

My Cosmological understanding and explanation of the Creation

1. The Universe is eternal and filled with gases and particles in different densities.
2. The creation is eternal and all formations changes between formation, dissolution and re-formation. i.e. everything undergoes an eternal cyclical formation.
3. Our ancestors knew most likely of other galaxies, but our numerous cultural creation stories from all over the world deals specifically with the conditions of the pre-creation and factual creation of our own Milky Way.
4. The story of creation often goes as this: Cosmic clouds meets and the hot and cold temperatures creates swirling motions and ionization of gases and particles, which again creates an electromagnetic current. (Thus, the perpendicular magnetic and centrifugal motion field creates the very galactic disc.)
5. The swirling motion attracts initially everything into the center of the swirl and heat up the gases and particles until it melts together nuclearly (The central galactic Light) into stars and planets, which are later are slung away from the galactic center when reaching the critical weight.
6. The entire motion of the galactic electric current and the perpendicular magnetic motion in the galactic disc provides all orbital motions and rotations in the galaxy and thus also to the all objects in the Solar System.
7. Our Solar System was initially formed out from 1 glowing sphere when this left the galactic center via the barred structure. From the glowing central sphere on it´s way out from the galactic center, glowing planets were slung away from the Sun and subsequently the moons were slung out from the planets.
8. This formation explains the natural formation process and motions in the galactic rotation. (The Standard Model “abnormal galactic rotation curve” is quite normal for an electromagnetic circuit of formation).
9. This outgoing motion is still going on in our Solar System where the Earth increases the distance to the Sun with some 16 centimeter annually and the Moon increases its distance from the Earth with about 4 centimeter annually. These increasing motions has NOTHING to do with Newtonian gravitational “frame dragging”.
10. The Solar System is governed by the central galactic electric current and as the entire system once left the galactic center in this outgoing motion, the planets in the Solar System fairly early “came to rest” because of this overall expansion which logically reduced the risk of planetary collisions.

Note: When talking of the mythical and cosmological process of formation, one shall have in mind that this takes place in a circuit of motion, following the natural laws of attraction and expulsion - which of course only can be done by the Electromagnetic Force and its cyclical motions.

Some links:
Celestial Ascent in Myth and Cult -

My Mytho-Cosmological website - Ancient Science. The Ancient and native Way of Knowledge

In this post I´ve tried to combine ancient Myths of Creation with my alternative approach to Modern Cosmology.

Thoughts and comments anyone?

Last edited:

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
Why would a god intentionally make his instructions for humanity to not only be vague but seemingly designed to give the wrong impression?

Native

Why would a god intentionally make his instructions for humanity to not only be vague but seemingly designed to give the wrong impression?
Well, in the case of Parmenides, it was a Goddess :) Parmenides is said to be "the Father of Logics", so I don´t think his thoughts and visions is vague and if it seems to "give the wrong impression", maybe one should have another approach which would provide clarity?
Please elaborate more on your thoughts :)

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
Well, in the case of Parmenides, it was a Goddess :) Parmenides is said to be "the Father of Logics", so I don´t think his thoughts and visions is vague and if it seems to "give the wrong impression", maybe one should have another approach which would provide clarity?
Please elaborate more on your thoughts :)

The terms god and goddess are generally seen as interchangeable when referring to a female deity.

Your counter-argument against the argument that his thoughts and visions where to vague to be his is that his thoughts and visions where not vague because if they where then they would not be his?

Native

The terms god and goddess are generally seen as interchangeable when referring to a female deity.

Your counter-argument against the argument that his thoughts and visions where to vague to be his is that his thoughts and visions where not vague because if they where then they would not be his?
Have you read the cited poem? Parminedes states clearly that he meets a GODDESS who shows him informations of cosmos and this is the basic topic of my post.

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
Have you read the cited poem? Parminedes states clearly that he meets a GODDESS who shows him informations of cosmos and this is the basic topic of my post.

I'm thinking we are coming from two different lines of thought.

I am coming at it from doubt and you are coming at it already believing in it.

Is that correct?

Native

I'm thinking we are coming from two different lines of thought.

I am coming at it from doubt and you are coming at it already believing in it.

Is that correct?
So what are your doubts? Have you had some spiritual experiences of your own which you doubt? Or is it just a general religious/mythical doubt?

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
So what are your doubts? Have you had some spiritual experiences of your own which you doubt? Or is it just a general religious/mythical doubt?

Oh I'm a skeptic. I am in a constant state of doubt.

I have had experiences in the past that I believed where spiritual at the time and some atheists still use the word spiritual to describe them. Not the word I would usually use, just to avoid confusion.

Native

Oh I'm a skeptic. I am in a constant state of doubt.

I have had experiences in the past that I believed where spiritual at the time and some atheists still use the word spiritual to describe them. Not the word I would usually use, just to avoid confusion.
I too had some spontaneous out-of-body visions of cosmos back in 1979-1985 which I didn´t understand when they took place. But working comparatively with the ancient myths of creation and ideas of Modern Science for some 40 odd years, I´m fairly sure I´ve got the meanings.

If it´s not too personal for you here, can you give an example of your most significant "spiritual" experience, so we maybe can find a meaning together?

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
I too had some spontaneous out-of-body visions of cosmos back in 1979-1985 which I didn´t understand when they took place.

Unless you count dream as this, then no I have never had that kind of experience.

It's fairly obvious that my "spiritual experiences" where just emotional responses to stimuli.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Would you want a child to craw all his life? One has to learn standing up. So, certainty (depending upon the inclination of the person) comes after doubts. We write alphabet letters before we can write sentences. Progression.

Native

Listen to this excellent video with John K. Lundwall where he discuss different modern approaches to interpret and understand the Ancient Way of Knowledge.

When Did Mythology Become Religion? -

It is very obvious that modern humans have forgotten much of the ancient knowledge which to some extent can be read in my personal website of Mytho-Cosmological - Ancient Science. The Ancient and native Way of Knowledge - where I specifically deals with the numerous cultural Stories of Creation and its direct connection with the Milky Way Mythology.

Last edited: