• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(poem) if I can do one miracle

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
save a mother and child
or create nuclear fusion

what if it costs my integrity
or I have to kill and steal

what is the value of only one
many miracles are cried for

one match to light wet tinder
a pathetic light in winter

how do I fit into elevators
if wings sprout from my back

if I can't fit onto roller coasters
and I must wait while others ride

what will I be and what shape
must I be poured or forged or fake

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Howsa bout a miracle to make god actually exist
If God had the qualities of real items that would make God a thing in the universe -- just another god or dead politician. It would make God become nothing more than a part of the usual cycle of destruction of societies. People would reverence living political leaders and elevate them to the status of faultless and unquestionable beings. They would be manipulated into tribal and national warfare as they were for millennia.

But if God had not the qualities of mere items in the universe, then God would be superior to any human. No human leader would be able to claim superiority, and all people would be relatively on the same footing.

The normal cycle that I see in History is that people fall under control of political leaders --> then the political leaders create dynasties hoping to somehow extend their reign for millennia and set themselves up to be revered --> the failed political leaders (they always fail) are then taken to be gods. --> which are eventually thought of in shamanistic ways --> and these become tokens in the hands of new priestly classes which use them to seize political power --> the priestly classes then set themselves up to benefit from government and are wasteful and destructive --> the priestly leadership leads to continual seizure of property and warfare and the decimation of natural resources --> the end of societies and empires Also there are numerous long periods of chaos and death along the way.

This pattern is all over the globe and appears throughout history. Want to stay in it?

Audie

Veteran Member
If God had the qualities of real items that would make God a thing in the universe -- just another god or dead politician. It would make God become nothing more than a part of the usual cycle of destruction of societies. People would reverence living political leaders and elevate them to the status of faultless and unquestionable beings. They would be manipulated into tribal and national warfare as they were for millennia.

But if God had not the qualities of mere items in the universe, then God would be superior to any human. No human leader would be able to claim superiority, and all people would be relatively on the same footing.

The normal cycle that I see in History is that people fall under control of political leaders --> then the political leaders create dynasties hoping to somehow extend their reign for millennia and set themselves up to be revered --> the failed political leaders (they always fail) are then taken to be gods. --> which are eventually thought of in shamanistic ways --> and these become tokens in the hands of new priestly classes which use them to seize political power --> the priestly classes then set themselves up to benefit from government and are wasteful and destructive --> the priestly leadership leads to continual seizure of property and warfare and the decimation of natural resources --> the end of societies and empires Also there are numerous long periods of chaos and death along the way.

This pattern is all over the globe and appears throughout history. Want to stay in it?
I wouldn't care to risk miracling god, ifn he's not there now

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Howsa bout a miracle to make god actually exist

Your complaint is noted, and to God is the complaint of all complaints, and I complain to God about miracles not in the open as well, as they are only prevented when the first generations all deny them while trying to put out God's light. All the time I complain.

Let us complain together - and not let us harden our hearts, and perhaps God although won't make them come to public just yet, will show us individually some by the hands of the Guide of our time.