• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Plums

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What do you think of plums? It's great that God or the Big Bang eventually led to the existence of plums. They were clearly designed for some people's taste buds and laxatives.

I love the way they taste and texture. Also, they are the best natural laxatives I've ever experienced. I truly think that if any constipated person ate five or more plums in one sitting, fecal material would be cast out of their bowels rather thoroughly. Mission accomplished!

Don't waste money on milk of magnesia. I have much faith in plums which are healthy and not man-made.
plums.jpg.653x0_q80_crop-smart.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
"They may have been one of the first fruits domesticated by humans.

Plums contain an assortment of healthy components, vitamins and minerals
. They are an excellent source vitamin C. Plums are also a good source of vitamin A, vitamin K, vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, B9 and vitamin E. The minerals present in them include potassium, fluoride, phosphorous, magnesium, iron, calcium and zinc. They are also filled with dietary fiber, sorbitol and isatin.

The health benefits of plums include relief from indigestion, influenza infection, and anxiety-related problems

The antioxidant power of plums also helps in treating ailments such as osteoporosis, macular degeneration, cancer, diabetes, obesity and slow the development of Alzheimer’s disease.

Plums also contain anthocyanin and quercetin, beneficial for preventing brain cell breakdown.

Plums have a low glycemic index, so eating plums can help you control your blood sugar and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes according to the Dietitians of Canada.
Interesting facts about plums | Just Fun Facts

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Sorry I'm just in a good mood with all the free plums just received. I wanted to spread the good news! :p

Appreciate the little blessings in life! Plus, it's a mystery how much fruit seems to be designed to delight taste buds and provide nutrition. It's a mystery how they came into existence.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Plums are fantastic, really love ripe Victoria plums.

If you have plenty offer some to friends to share the good news.

Or try making plum jam.

A bit of history and info
Plum - Types and varieties

Edit : or preserve some in red wine and sugar with cinnamon (and maybe cloves or star anise)

Last edited:

Earthling

David Henson
Sorry I'm just in a good mood with all the free plums just received. I wanted to spread the good news! :p

Appreciate the little blessings in life! Plus, it's a mystery how much fruit seems to be designed to delight taste buds and provide nutrition. It's a mystery how they came into existence.

No need to apologize, Matt. For some time now the Religious Forum has consisted of Politics and you and your varied topics. I prefer the you over the other.

Dave Watchman

Don't waste money on milk of magnesia. I have much faith in plums which are healthy and not man-made.

Your faith has healed you.

But you said they're the "first fruits" domesticated by humans. Wouldn't that be man made?

"They may have been one of the first fruits domesticated by humans.

"It is these who have not defiled themselves with women, for they are virgins. It is these who follow the Lamb wherever he goes. These have been redeemed from mankind as first fruits for God and the Lamb,​

Plums have a low glycemic index, so eating plums can help you control your blood sugar and reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes according to the Dietitians of Canada.
Interesting facts about plums | Just Fun Facts

The Die tit ians of Canada have spoken.

I like your posts man. You think of a lot of things.

Now i gotta go out in the freezing cold and try me some plums as soon as the Sabbath is over.

Google has made us smart.

He gives wisdom to the wise.

Many are running to and fro and knowledge has been increased.

Peaceful Sabbath.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Plums grow on every continent with only the exception of Antarctica
WE can grow a few varieties in cold western Canada where it can get to -40 midwinter. I planted 5 trees at the temple property, but so far no really great abundant crops. Last year one tree had about 50 fruits, but its improving year by year too. I've learned quite a bit over the years, mainly that they need another variety or different fruit as pollinators. As far as I know this variety (Pembina) isn't grown commercially anywhere. Sad that, as they are really an excellent plum. If I was young again, and able to get land, I'd be a hardy fruit farmer for sure. So much goes to waste, and it's such an easy to o food supply.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Plum Cobbler Recipe
  • Prep time: 20 minutes
  • Cook time: 40 minutes
  • Yield: Serves 6
INGREDIENTS
  • 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp (170 g plus 30 g) of white sugar (can reduce to 1/2 cup for a more tart cobbler)
  • 4 cups of seeded and sliced fresh plums (Santa Rosa plums work best), 10-18 plums, depending on the size of the plums
  • 2 Tbsp instant tapioca (or cornstarch)
  • 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup (110 g) all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup (50 g) butter
  • 1/4 cup (60 mL) milk
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten

1 Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).

2 In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup white sugar, plums, instant tapioca, orange zest, and cinnamon. Place the fruit mixture in a 2-quart casserole.

3 In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 2 Tablespoons of sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Cut the butter in with a fork, pastry blender, or your (clean) hands until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the milk and egg until just moistened (do not overmix).

4 Drop the batter in large spoonfuls onto the fruit mixture. Bake in a 350°F (175°C) oven for 35 minutes, until the cobbler topping is nicely browned and the filling is bubbly.

IMG_3539-800x533.jpg

Last edited: