• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pleasure / Guilt

Electra

Life can be hard. Finding things that give you pleasure can be a releif.

For example, food is something most of us have everyday.
How mixed is the 'nutrition' stand point, i have come to beleive that this sector is actually built to produce guilt. Name any food and someone will say it's bad for you in some way.

Guilt seams to take away from the pleasure as the emotion usually lasts longer.

There are many examples i can speak about but really any pleasure has another side of guilt.

It takes work to release from the stigma of pleasure and just let your self enjoy ....

JoshuaTree

Flowers are red?
Romans 7:15-20 New International Version (NIV)
15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Misunderstood

A blueberry is good for you, nutritious, full of antioxidants, round and plump, and they are blue for you so you do not have to be.

How can they cause you to feel any guilt? And how could anyone say they are bad for you? You should have some to bring you some pleasure, and make life much easier.

Maybe Revoltingest will even stop by to help out and extol the benefits and greatness of Bacon and its guilt free pleasure.

Rational Agnostic

How mixed is the 'nutrition' stand point, i have come to beleive that this sector is actually built to produce guilt. Name any food and someone will say it's bad for you in some way.

There are many examples i can speak about but really any pleasure has another side of guilt.

It takes work to release from the stigma of pleasure and just let your self enjoy ....

I can't imagine feeling "guilt" for eating a certain type of food. That's just ridiculous. In any case, the problem is almost never the *type* of food consumed, but instead the amount of it that is consumed.

joe1776

Your life sounds a lot harder than mine. The only guilt I feel is associated with memories of the times when I intentionally hurt someone innocent. Otherwise, if something gives me pleasure, I do it in moderation.