• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pleasing the Creator

Ellen Brown

I am NOT completely sure this is in the right place because the subject of this discussion is much wider than JUST Christianity.

Over the last couple of days the comments about certain subjects have left me feeling embarrassed and humiliated. "They will know you by your love" is key, and I try, sometimes failing, to make that center of my being. Some will say that this means, our love for fellow Christians. Others will say that means our love for everyone. I try to love everyone.

One of the reasons that I orient toward being an Abrahamic Religionist, or Radical Christian is that I came out of Fundamentalist Christianity and left when it became clear that my family of denominations regularly violated the very words of Jesus Christ.

Those who feel free to say hateful things about Atheists, Jews, Muslims, LGBT, or anyone are an embarrassment to me, and yes, I feel deep shame when I violate my own rules. To those who feel they have the right to judge others stay away from me, please. I'm trying to make God the center of my attention, and do not want to hurt anyone.

Last night, an Atheist friend of mine revealed that she had moved into being an Agnostic and recently she has been reading things about Judaism. Good, she's starting with a clean slate, eh? I just don't know what I am going to do? There are Christian denominations that aren't hateful, but I've begun to understand being a reclusive.

Perhaps the owners of this site could consider making a DIR called searching?

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I am NOT completely sure this is in the right place because the subject of this discussion is much wider than JUST Christianity.

Over the last couple of days the comments about certain subjects have left me feeling embarrassed and humiliated. "They will know you by your love" is key, and I try, sometimes failing, to make that center of my being. Some will say that this means, our love for fellow Christians. Others will say that means our love for everyone. I try to love everyone.

One of the reasons that I orient toward being an Abrahamic Religionist, or Radical Christian is that I came out of Fundamentalist Christianity and left when it became clear that my family of denominations regularly violated the very words of Jesus Christ.

Those who feel free to say hateful things about Atheists, Jews, Muslims, LGBT, or anyone are an embarrassment to me, and yes, I feel deep shame when I violate my own rules. To those who feel they have the right to judge others stay away from me, please. I'm trying to make God the center of my attention, and do not want to hurt anyone.

Last night, an Atheist friend of mine revealed that she had moved into being an Agnostic and recently she has been reading things about Judaism. Good, she's starting with a clean slate, eh? I just don't know what I am going to do? There are Christian denominations that aren't hateful, but I've begun to understand being a reclusive.

I wonder if the Abrahamic DIR would be better. I've been moderated in the past for posting in a Christian DIR thread, that is limited to respectful questions only for 'non-Christians'.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
IMO, "searching" is good as it implies you're going into this with an open mind. As Confucius supposedly said [paraphrased], the more you know the more you know you really don't know.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I think we just have to remember that people still are people. Remembering what Jesus said(paraphrased), "If you love the lovable, what glory do you have? If you love the unlovable, then you are a child of God".

IMV, that means even love the Christians who aren't lovable. Yes, we should know better, but even the Corinthian Church letters show that some are babies, some are carnal and some are mature. We could end up doing the very thing we say we shouldn't and be unlovable to Christians and fail on "This is how they will know you are Christians, by their love". Gal 6:1.

I just TRY!! LOL, and I do mean TRY! to live like I'm supposed to since I can only have dominion over my life and not that of others.

"And, Father, forgive my short comings" :)

Last edited: