• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please tell me this isn't the case. If it is I'm going to cry

savethedreams

Besides Unitarian, Confucius and non-theist , What NON-Abrahamic religion , doesn't do any

1. No new age, magic or mysticism, or ritual divination, occultism, paganism, unknown spiritism.

or

2. Believe in reincarnation/rebirth

is the only ones really Scientoligst or Zorostarian?

I asked this question on KGB and it said there is No non-abrahamic religion that doesn't do any new age or not belive in reincarnation. Then they suggested atheist. I'm shocked. Is this really the case.? I have nothing against humanist/atheist, but I'm really thinking my religious studies are done if all non-Abrahamic people, practice 'magic/new age meditation' and believe in reincarnation.

If you can help me please people. 'plays sad r&b song' then 'plays a dashboard confession song'

Wessexman

No traditional religion "does new age". Many Western, new age types may think they are Buddhists or Taoists but they're almost always widely at odds with traditional Buddhism or Taoism.

Mysticism is not "new age", nor is magic/divination.

I wouldn't dignify scientology with the name religion but Zorastrianism is not anti-mystic nor do I believe that it rejects the reality of magic, indeed the term comes from the word magi.

Last edited:

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
If I had to guess, I'd say pagans (old age, not the "new age" fad) would qualify (they don't believe in reincarnation as far as I know).

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Besides Unitarian, Confucius and non-theist , What NON-Abrahamic religion , doesn't do any

1. No new age, magic or mysticism, or ritual divination, occultism, paganism, unknown spiritism.

or

2. Believe in reincarnation/rebirth

is the only ones really Scientoligst or Zorostarian?

I asked this question on KGB and it said there is No non-abrahamic religion that doesn't do any new age or not belive in reincarnation. Then they suggested atheist. I'm shocked. Is this really the case.? I have nothing against humanist/atheist, but I'm really thinking my religious studies are done if all non-Abrahamic people, practice 'magic/new age meditation' and believe in reincarnation.

If you can help me please people. 'plays sad r&b song' then 'plays a dashboard confession song'
They all do at least one of those, including UU, Abrahamic, Scientologist, Zoroastrian and non-theist (including atheist). Can't say about Confusianism.

Edit: Or what Wessexman said.

savethedreams

No traditional religious "does new age". Many Western, new age types may think they are Buddhists or Taoists but they're almost always widely at odds with traditional Buddhism or Taoism.

Mysticism is not "new age", nor is magic/divination.

I wouldn't dignify scientology with the name religion but Zorastrianism is not anti-mystic nor do I believe that it rejects the reality of magic, indeed the term comes from the word magi.

But doesn't traditional buddhist believe in reincarnation/rebirth, thats was number 2.

and doesn't taoist do divination , traditional, reformed taoist and etc. do immortal techniques, purification rituals, don't they do alchemy .. isn't alchemy magic or mysticism?

I know a tradition my not do 'new age' but I put new age , mysticism, and occultism, and divination under that category I'm not sure how to term it.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
No traditional religious "does new age". Many Western, new age types may think they are Buddhists or Taoists but they're almost always widely at odds with traditional Buddhism or Taoism.
No argument here. Most traditional Buddhist schools teach rebirth, but one can certainly be agnostic about it (I am). It's not one of the core principles after all.

Wessexman

But doesn't traditional buddhist believe in reincarnation/rebirth, thats was number 2.

and doesn't taoist do divination , traditional, reformed taoist and etc. do immortal techniques, purification rituals, don't they do alchemy .. isn't alchemy magic or mysticism?

I know a tradition my not do 'new age' but I put new age , mysticism, and occultism, and divination under that category I'm not sure how to term it.

My point is you are utterly wrong to class mysticism and magic in with "new age".

savethedreams

My point is you are utterly wrong to class mysticism and magic in with "new age".

I didnt classify it under new age there a comma inbeteeen them. I said new age, mystics, magic, occult etc. All seperate with the comma.

And what I said was I right. Doesn't all Buddhist rebirth and Toaist do that.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Hey, if you don't know of any religion or particular sect that fits your worldview, make your own.

Herr Heinrich

Student of Mythology
Philosophical Taoism doesn't contain anything "new age" or contain the belief in reincarnation. I suggest reading The Tao of Pooh and The Te of Piglet by Ben Hoff if you are interested.

xkatz

I would say Buddhism/Buddha Dharma would be a good choice. Belief in reincarnation is in many ways contradictory to the concept of impermanence and Buddhism's focus is on how you act, think, and react. Buddhism is about YOU, not G-d, gods, etc.

Last edited:

Requia

Discordianism fits your criteria*, though this varies from discordian to discordian.

*except maybe the 'pagan' one, that has a lot of definitions though, so unless you want to define it it needs to be skipped.

Requia

It's also worth pointing out that the Abrahamic religions all have mystic practices as well, that's not unique to the non Abrahamic ones.

Onkara

Sanatana Dharma, specifically Vaishnavism, has heavens and hells (according to the Srimad Bhagavatam). It would be difficult to deny reincarnation, but there is no reason not to practice it considering heaven as your final goal. It may be difficlut to find others who support that approach 100%.

savethedreams

Atheism appears to be the only philosophy based on fact rather than fantasy.

Cheers

Atheism or some 'theism' or more so Agnostic with me.

Its seems to me ALL religions besides non-abrahamic has a 'crystal ball' , or like does anything new age or containing forms of new age methods new or old including metaphysics, mysticism. I do believe it 'maybe' true but I would ever go to a shop to buy 'materials' for my religion, and I will never believe in reincarnation. So I mean my choices are limited and I didn't know....

xkatz

Atheism or some 'theism' or more so Agnostic with me.

Its seems to me ALL religions besides non-abrahamic has a 'crystal ball' , or like does anything new age or containing forms of new age methods new or old including metaphysics, mysticism. I do believe it 'maybe' true but I would ever go to a shop to buy 'materials' for my religion, and I will never believe in reincarnation. So I mean my choices are limited and I didn't know....

I don't blame you for being upset- I find a lot of that New Age stuff to be horrendous garbage as well. However, you CAN practice an Eastern religion w/o resorting to that crap, it's a matter of finding of what are the actual tenets of the religion(s) and what is just New Age garbage added on by Westerners.

Last edited: