• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please suggest me a symbol for the higher self

agorman

Premium Member
My intention is to recourse just to my own higher self instead of begging to gods. As images I put on my altar influence my subconscious mind, I figured out it would be a good idea to put an image of my higher self, to help me overcome the "matrix"; the dominion of matter. And become a great witch :) .

So what do you guys think it would be an appropriate symbol for my true, higher self? The eternal individual that "I am", the atma, the monad, etc.

I thought of putting a buddha statue on my altar; but it's obviously so associated with Buddhism. I also thought of putting the World tarot card or something like the following image, which unfortunately includes the violet flame, which I don't want to deal with all the time:

http://www.loveingrace.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/IAM_5x7.jpg

I don't believe I am the soul of the Universe; I believe "every man and woman is a star", a free individual, so the World tarot card, Shiva and other images don't convince me very much.

I'm thinking of making a photoshopped image of a photo of myself with a ball of light over my head (the Kether sphere), LOL!

BSM1

What? Me worry?
How about a pic of a meditating individual with a beam of pure white light emanating skyward (had this happened to me once).

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
I'm thinking of making a photoshopped image of a photo of myself with a ball of light over my head (the Kether sphere), LOL!
How about surrounding your entire body inside an egg-shaped globe with bright golden rays inside the egg. I have heard a gold aura is the highest level.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Well, I don't know if you want a non New Ager's opinion but the first thing that popped into my head was a picture of the crown chakra right above someone's head. Idk if there is a picture like that anywhere but it's a thought.

agorman

Premium Member
Let me see, a meditating individual emitting golden rays of light with the crown chakra (a halo). You're describing the image of a buddha! LOL!

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I liked this.

294539_297623013598270_192992100728029_1328271_986254371_n.jpg

agorman

Premium Member
That's nice Aupmanyav, the light hidden in matter! Anyway I ended up worshiping Shiva as a master that slowly unveils the Higher Self. Let's see how much that path lasts for me, LOL! I wonder why Hindu gods, especially Shiva nowadays, get so close to me and are so helpful. I have nothing Indian in myself or my family. I'm not even very attracted to Indian culture. I'm a little puzzled but grateful.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
They are such a nice family with Parvati's lion trying to eat Shiva's bull, Kartikeya's peacock trying to kill Shiva's serpents and Shiva's serpents trying to eat Ganesha's mouse. That is why perhaps Shiva needs marijuana.

61Ovf0wDtjL._SY300_.jpg
240185.jpg

Second image: Parvati helping Shiva to prepare the marijuana drink.

Last edited:

psychoslice

Veteran Member
They are such a nice family with Parvati's lion trying to eat Shiva's bull, Kartikeya's peacock trying to kill, Shiva's serpents and Shiva's serpents trying to eat Ganesha's mouse. That is why perhaps Shiva needs marijuana.

61Ovf0wDtjL._SY300_.jpg
What a beautiful picture.

Tumah

Veteran Member
It might be relevant to point out that the "Kether sphere" is not an actual "sphere". Its just a bad transliteration of the Hebrew "SeFiRaH", which has no relation to the English "sphere".

agorman

Premium Member
Oh well, seems Shiva in the end just wanted to guide me to manage with my own higher self.

Aupmanyav, your post was funny but disrespectful, LOL! Maybe the idea is that those animals don't try to eat each other because of the benefic influence of the gods that they're with.

It might be relevant to point out that the "Kether sphere" is not an actual "sphere". Its just a bad transliteration of the Hebrew "SeFiRaH", which has no relation to the English "sphere".

So what's the real meaning of SFRH (HRFS)?

BTW, I'm still searching for a good higher self symbol. For now I put an image of a wizard on my altar.