• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please pray for my mother.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
My mom is having her first appointment with her oncologist today. She's supposed to start chemotherapy today. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Okay, so we went to see the oncologist today. I have some good news. My mom does have pancreatic cancer, but it's not as bad as we thought it would be. She has a tumor above her pancreas that's about 1.5 inches. It's around blood vessels and an artery, so surgery isn't recommended. However, it hasn't spread and there isn't a blood clot. She had an ultrasound on her liver last week and there was concern about that, but her liver is fine.

She will have to undergo chemotherapy and the nurse practitioner said that it would probably be for an indefinite time. She'll probably lose her hair and such, which is sad because my mom loves her hair, but living is more important to her. She had to reschedule her chemo to next Wednesday because it was late in the day and we needed to be able to arrange transportation (we were provided transportation there and back by the Red Cross through the Columbus Cancer Clinic, so that was good).

So in some ways, I'm relieved. For everything else, we'll just take it day by day. The nurse practitioner told me not to worry over the hard data of pancreatic cancer, so I will try not to. Also, the oncologist was in a better mood today. When we talked to him in the hospital, he was rather dour and that was apparently because the results were murky at that time. So I somewhat misjudged him.

FTNZ

Agnostic Atheist Ex-Christian
Good to hear the news is better than you thought. And thanks for updating us. I hope the doctor gave her some better pain meds and something for the nausea.

I will keep you in my thoughts. If you need anything please let us know. *Hugs*

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Good to hear the news is better than you thought. And thanks for updating us. I hope the doctor gave her some better pain meds and something for the nausea.

I will keep you in my thoughts. If you need anything please let us know. *Hugs*
They just gave her a refill of the pain medication she was already on but they did give her something for the nausea. We'll find out tomorrow if it's helping her because I picked up the meds for her earlier today.

Thank you. *hugs*

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
I pray you're mother makes a full recovery, dear Frank! *Wonderhug*
In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.

InChrist

Free4ever
I'm so glad the news was better than expected. I will continue to keep you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers hoping the treatment goes well and is effective and trusting in the Lord's grace and comfort through this situation.