• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please pray for my dog.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
How much does your buddy weigh*? And er, what's his name?

*Depending on how much he weighs, I suggest you give him one or two benedryl. It'll help a little with the nausea and let him get a little sleep.
He's about 50-60 pounds. His name is Felix. :)

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I will pray with you, and I know that God hears and responds to prayers for animals. We had a cat with inoperable cancer, who eventually had to be euthanized to end his suffering. He was very old and I knew his end had to come, so I didn't ask for a miraculous recovery. I only asked God to take his pain away the day before he was put down, because of how he was crying. God did it. The cat did not cry anymore, and slept peacefully through the night. His death the next morning at the vet's office was immediate, painless, and quiet.
Thanks. That's very hard to go through. Never had to put a pet down, but I've lost dozens over the years. I've always had pets. Thankfully, I'm sure my dog just has a virus and needs medication. He'll be fine.

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
He's really sick. He keeps vomiting, has diarrhea, is drooling on himself and is disoriented with no energy. I don't know what's wrong with him. He was fine until he started throwing up Thursday night. We would've taken him to a vet by now but we have no money and no way of getting there, so we're going to try to take him tomorrow. I'm scared that he won't even make it through the day. :( I don't know why life is like a nightmare.
I'm very sorry, dogs are one of the tightest knots of relationship there is. I hope the best. Not to bring beliefs of him not making it, but just in case may I suggest to make his (possible) last moments to be all about him. I say this because I lost a dog, we had to take it to the vet to put it down as it was in much pain. I was asked to come along in the car ride but because I was upset I refused and wanted to stay at home because of the intense sadness of being around in his final moments. Looking back it was perhaps one of the the greatest mistakes I've made.

So, not to say he's not going to make it if there is still hope, I am just saying in case it is, make this time spent worthy. I truly hope this turns out okay, dogs are the heavenliest of creatures. My dearest prayers and blessngs to you and your companion.

ratikala

Istha gosthi
namaskaram ji

my prayers are with you and your dog , ....

if you can get him to drink this is very important to stop him getting dehydrated , ...and I do not know if it is possible but please try , ...this grate an apple , let it go brown , ...try to feed this to him in little amounts at a time , there is a compound in apple which when it oxidises is very efective at settling very upset stomach and dhiorea . it sounds simple but honestly it realy helps in upset stomachs , it is well worth a try while you wait to get to the vets .

wishing a quick and good recovery

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
We couldn't take Felix to the vet today because my mom didn't get her disability check, so we have no money. Her work keeps scheduling her when she has cancer and is unable to! We're hoping that the check will come tomorrow but we don't know if it will. Meanwhile, my dog has to suffer but he's hanging in there. :(

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Felix has parvo. :( We spent my mom's whole disability check on the vet appointment and cab rides. We don't have money for food or bills this week. He's supposed to be treated every day until he recovers. That will be over $100 a day with the medical bill and cab rides combined. We don't have ANY money and we don't have anyone who could give us a ride. I have no idea what we're going to do. My mom says she'll pawn and return stuff to try to cover his bills, but I doubt it'll cover it all. I'm very angry, stressed out and depressed. I'm really sick of life.

Last edited:

Laika

Premium Member
Felix has parvo. :( We spent my mom's whole disability check on the vet appointment and cab rides. We don't have money for food or bills this week. He's supposed to be treated every day until he recovers. That will be over $100 a day with the medical bill and cab rides combined. We don't have ANY money and we don't have anyone who could give us a ride. I have no idea what we're going to do. My mom says she'll pawn and return stuff to try to cover his bills, but I doubt it'll cover it all. I'm very angry, stressed out and depressed. I'm really sick of life.

$20 Sent.

If anyone else wants to help: http://www.religiousforums.com/threads/please-pray-for-my-mother.176649/#post-4276635

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Okay, apparently he just didn't want to get up because he feels like crap. We just got back from the vet. They're giving him fluids and antibiotics. So far it's still iffy but he has improved slightly more since we first took him to the vet yesterday. He's more alert and hasn't been throwing up or having lots of diarrhea. So...fingers crossed.