• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please pray for my dog.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
He's really sick. He keeps vomiting, has diarrhea, is drooling on himself and is disoriented with no energy. I don't know what's wrong with him. He was fine until he started throwing up Thursday night. We would've taken him to a vet by now but we have no money and no way of getting there, so we're going to try to take him tomorrow. I'm scared that he won't even make it through the day. :( I don't know why life is like a nightmare.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
He's really sick. He keeps vomiting, has diarrhea, is drooling on himself and is disoriented with no energy. I don't know what's wrong with him. He was fine until he started throwing up Thursday night. We would've taken him to a vet by now but we have no money and no way of getting there, so we're going to try to take him tomorrow. I'm scared that he won't even make it through the day. :( I don't know why life is like a nightmare.

I know this is not the right sub-forum ( since this is the prayer and meditation forum ) to post this kind of reply, but I will post it either way because I can't help it.

1) Do you have a facebook account ? If yes, take a photo of your dog and upload it, then write a small story explaining the situation and ask for help ( and for those that can't help to share the post ). Sometimes people won't help people, but they will help dogs. I am serious.

2) Have you tried calling a vet ? He/she might offer you pointers, or refer you to someone else. Try to find vets, that live close to you, online. One of them might feel inclined to help you.

3) Ask for help to people who live close to you. If that entails knocking on doors, then so be it. Sometimes people know people who know people who know people that can help you. They may not be able to help you pay any expenses, but they might give you a ride to the vet.

4) Don't give up! Your dog needs you. You might receive a lot of 'No!' in your face but you may need only one 'Yes!' to help your dog.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
He's really sick. He keeps vomiting, has diarrhea, is drooling on himself and is disoriented with no energy............................

That looks a bit like canine parvovirus.
An un-vaccinated dog could be in severe difficulty if this is right.
There is medication treatment, but if it is c-p then there is only a little hope.
C-P causes intestinal hemorrhaging, which is why it is so severe.

I hope that I am wrong.

I am not a vet.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That looks a bit like canine parvovirus.
An un-vaccinated dog could be in severe difficulty if this is right.
There is medication treatment, but if it is c-p then there is only a little hope.
C-P causes intestinal hemorrhaging, which is why it is so severe.

I hope that I am wrong.

I am not a vet.
His stool isn't bloody, though. It's kind of like he just has a bad stomach flu. But I'm concerned about him not eating or drinking. He's going to the vet tomorrow.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Question, is he left outside for long periods unsupervised? Or does he stick around inside with you & your mum?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That's good! That means he hasn't been intentionally poisoned by some loathsome ****. Alright, question two;

Your mom's meds. Is it at all possible he got into them?
Nope. Nor my meds. I'm thinking he either ate something that was bad for him while outside or caught it from a cat or dog.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
That's good. I mean, it's bad he's sick, but it's good that it may just be a bug.
Yeah, I think it's a virus. I'm not sure what or where he got it from. Like I said, it's like a bad stomach flu. One of our cats was sick for a bit recently, but I don't know if a cat can give a dog anything.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Yeah, I think it's a virus. I'm not sure what or where he got it from. Like I said, it's like a bad stomach flu. One of our cats was sick for a bit recently, but I don't know if a cat can give a dog anything.
It can. Quite often, really. Diseases spread between cats & dogs pretty quickly.

von bek

My thoughts are with you. As you know, I lost my kitty last October to cancer. I know the fear you are experiencing. Hopefully, it is only a minor bug and he gets to feeling better. Check around with the vets, I had little money when she was sick and was able to find a vet who would allow me to make payments.

May you and your dog be happy and free from suffering!

Last edited:

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Ah, okay. That makes sense. Then he probably got it from the cat. The cat was puking and had diarrhea, too.
How much does your buddy weigh*? And er, what's his name?

*Depending on how much he weighs, I suggest you give him one or two benedryl. It'll help a little with the nausea and let him get a little sleep.

Forever_Catholic

I will pray with you, and I know that God hears and responds to prayers for animals. We had a cat with inoperable cancer, who eventually had to be euthanized to end his suffering. He was very old and I knew his end had to come, so I didn't ask for a miraculous recovery. I only asked God to take his pain away the day before he was put down, because of how he was crying. God did it. The cat did not cry anymore, and slept peacefully through the night. His death the next morning at the vet's office was immediate, painless, and quiet.