• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please name your dream home and dream place.

Jonathan Bailey

If I were rich, I would have a nice home in the Redwood Empire of northern California, perhaps in Humboldt County, up on a hill with an ocean view amongst the noble forest of giant coniferous evergreens.

My house would be smack in the center of the Land of Bigfoot. I would have a pair of German shepherds, electric fencing and a shotgun to guard me against the infamous sasquatch.

If I were rich, I would also be a philanthropist by aiding poor American veterans in need of decent housing.

Flame

Beware
I already made it to my dream home and place.

A good sized acreage and home on the plains. Open skies and grasslands for miles. :D

Darkforbid

I like being homeless more than being housed (176 days in), but if anyone wants to buy me a castle, I'm sure I could find some use for it
herrschaftliche_festung_aus_dem_12._jahrhundert.jpg

Neutral Name

If I were rich, I would have a nice home in the Redwood Empire of northern California, perhaps in Humboldt County, up on a hill with an ocean view amongst the noble forest of giant coniferous evergreens.

My house would be smack in the center of the Land of Bigfoot. I would have a pair of German shepherds, electric fencing and a shotgun to guard me against the infamous sasquatch.

If I were rich, I would also be a philanthropist by aiding poor American veterans in need of decent housing.

I have a decent home. So, I am happy and grateful but I would like to live in a larger city. I love NYC and quite a few other places in the world.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
A house is just a box for storing our stuff, but mine does need to have at least room enough for my art and music stuff and all my books. As long as mine is in California, in parts where it doesn't snow, I'm happy.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
History fascinates me so...

An old villa, maybe 250 year or so, made of local sandstone that glows golden in the afternoon sun.

Walls about a metre thick so it stays cool in summer and never gets cold in winter.

Enough space for the family and maybe a couple of visitors now and again.

The house is situated in a quaint village of around 100 other dwellings from derelict stone towers, to a grand chateau and ranging from a couple of hundred years old to over a thousand with history going back much further. Maybe with a preservation order so it can keep its charm forever.

This village will have grown up from a Celtic settlement, located on the banks of a small river and played host to travellers on the pilgrim route to the holy lands.

The surrounding area will have once been home to Cro-Magnon peoples so i can indulge in my passion of seeing their sites.

I live in my dream home in my dream place.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I would just like a farm out in the country with a mix of woods and fields. Good for hunting and growing crops.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

I would have a 2 bedroom condo in Venice, FL, as well as a tiny house in my brother's back yard in Portland, Oregon. I would live in each part time and travel in an RV all over the country.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
This should be enough for everyone - might be so if our population does go through the roof! :D

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
Hmmm

I'd like to build my own underground house in the middle of nowhere. In the center of let's say a 20 or more acre lot. Have to face the front end of the house southeast in order to catch the sun in the morning through the glass front. Will warm the place naturally in the winter along with the help from the insulation. Will have a cast iron stove or fireplace for sure. Blinds to cover the front windows in summer to cool the place naturally of course. Roll out storm panels to protect the front during storms.

Solar panel array for power along with windmill, batteries all that's needed to be self sufficient. Collect rain water for the majority of my water needs, I can make a sand earth filter with a 50 gallon plastic barrel (don't use steel or aluminum), start with large rocks in the bottom as you fill it the rocks will get smaller until you get near to a out 2 ft from the top. 6 inches of sand or diatomaceous earth, the top with anthracite or if forced to due to societal collapse charred wood from the fire. Has to be charred well though almost coal like.

Will have a backup well or spring for droughts. I'll have a solar water heater which you can make cheap from Home Depot the most expensive part is the vinyl hose or copper tubing needed depending on which you want. Copper has natural antimicrobial properties which will help keep germs from growing in the warm water. Vinyl hose will heat quicker because its black. So I think I'd prefer the copper though.

Natural refrigeration with a root cellar. Gotta have a smokehouse outside to smoke access fish and other meats for preservation.

Basically a place where I can go and never have to interact with anyone ever again....heaven!