• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please look at the faces in the first frame

Audie

Veteran Member
How many of these folks have you invited to live in your basement?

Oh now you are going to go low as you can go.
Or do you have depths yet unplumbed?

I have given well into 6 figures financial
help to third world families.

Dont you dare try to lift your sorry stance by
accusing me of hypocrisy.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
"Hard for some". "Common sense". "Blind emotion".

Your recourse to such words might be something
somewhere telling you that there is no virtue in
the absence of compassion. Just try giving it
a chance. You dont have a heart of stone.

You're right, I don't have a heart of stone. I also don't have a head full of mush. Life's tough and never fair, sometimes the decisions that have to made are...ermm..distasteful to say the least. We are a nation of laws; the minute the laws become meaningless we cease being a nation.

BSM1

What? Me worry?

acvusi g me of hypocrisy.

Then your conscience should be clear; unless, of course, you feel it necessary to superimpose your feeling of righteous indignation on the views of others. If there were no picture to splash all over the internet do you think we would be having this conversation?

BSM1

What? Me worry?

acvusi g me of hypocrisy.

And, unlike some folks, I never accused you of anything.

esmith

Veteran Member
How many of the countries we're discussing were destabilised by pursuit of American interests in the first place? Seems a relevant factor.

Also, what is the cost of foreign intervention in both treasure and blood vs. The cost of accepting refugees?
How about trying to answer the question instead of attempting to deflect. Or are you even capable of doing so?

Watchmen

Premium Member
Huh. I thought it was to make the right decisions
Tough is not the same word as wise, good, or just.
The tough part of this would be a strong conscience.
Huh. I guess we disagree on what’s “right.”

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
How about trying to answer the question instead of attempting to deflect. Or are you even capable of doing so?
My answer is "your simplistic question presents a false equivalence". How's that?

But if you want to send American forces to conduct genuine humanitarian interventions, with full diplomatic, logistic and strategic support (including exit strategies), fine by me. That doesn't really help the people in need of asylum now, though, does it?

Now that I have directly and comprehensively answered your question, I look forward to you doing likewise.

esmith

Veteran Member
My answer is "your simplistic question presents a false equivalence". How's that?

But if you want to send American forces to conduct genuine humanitarian interventions, with full diplomatic, logistic and strategic support (including exit strategies), fine by me. That doesn't really help the people in need of asylum now, though, does it?

Now that I have directly and comprehensively answered your question, I look forward to you doing likewise.
To answer your questions.
No to the first one
Question not germane to my question.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I think if you'll look past your Sunday School lessons you'll find that JC and JB were more in tuned with what was inside more than what was outside. But whatever gets you through the night, as it were.
Rubbish!
JB called the priesthood a bunch of vipers! That's outside.
He was offering redemption and cleansing to the people for nothing! That way they clould go back home with their money.
The subsequent loss of funds to the priesthood and Temple caused his arrest.

JC carried on the struggle, his call was 'Mercy and not sacrifice'.

So just who taught you .......?

Shad

Veteran Member
ETA. I was supposed to say something, not just
post a vid. Sorry.

Five numbers that explain US border crisis

Hmmmm

iu

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Rubbish!
JB called the priesthood a bunch of vipers! That's outside.
He was offering redemption and cleansing to the people for nothing! That way they clould go back home with their money.
The subsequent loss of funds to the priesthood and Temple caused his arrest.

JC carried on the struggle, his call was 'Mercy and not sacrifice'.

So just who taught you .......?

You obviously do not have a clue why JC whupped the money changers and why they were even there. Nice try, though,

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Oh so solly, I misspoke. Insinuate. That is so much better.

Nor did I do that. Just asked a question. You're entitled to feel responsible for saving the world; but you're not entitled to force others to feel like you do.