• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please look at the faces in the first frame

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The video clearly explains what is going on - families seeking asylum in great numbers. And no wonder given what is going on in many Latin American countries today.

That means what is needed are many more well-trained people to quickly and accurately assess the asylum seeker cases and decide whether to admit or not admit people based on US asylum law.

That is, of course, not the response to the situation that we're seeing.

Audie

Veteran Member
I so far from could say no to those earnest, worried,
nowhere to go people, I would tell them to come stay
with me.

Cut to trump sneering thst it is a scam.

Do americans have something so precious to lose
that they could look at that boy, that mother and
father holding little children, and point them away,
and say, "Go!"?

Not that I am Christian but, I think Jesus would give them
passage, and a place to rest.

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
with me.

Cutvto trump sneering thst it is a scam.

and say, "Go!"?

But Jesus never even tried to save the physical world (or even really change the status quo of the time) when he was here. Why would this be any different?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
But Jesus never even tried to save the physical world (or even really change the status quo of the time) when he was here. Why would this be any different?

It's cute when those who identify as adherents of Jesus downplay or dismiss his teachings and examples when they become politically inconvenient. Are you so confident that he abides such an attitude?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
It's cute when those who identify as adherents of Jesus downplay or dismiss his teachings and examples when they become politically inconvenient. Are you so confident that he abides such an attitude?

Are you? Why did he not wipe out poverty completely (or any other social or physical ill) when he had the chance? It's so cute when when others wish to mold Jesus to fit their agenda.

Watchmen

Premium Member
I feel bad for them, but isn’t a country allowed to draw the line somewhere? What about American children in Oakland and Detroit and other U.S cities that have the same look of worry on their faces? What about the working poor in Appalachia? Why do we need to admit and take care of non-Americans when there are plenty of people already here we need to take care of?

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I feel bad for them, but isn’t a country allowed to draw the line somewhere? What about American children in Oakland and Detroit and other U.S cities that have the same look of worry on their faces? What about the working poor in Appalachia? Why do we need to admit and take care of non-Americans when there are plenty of people already here we need to take care of?
Why don't we?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Are you? Why did he not wipe out poverty completely (or any other social or physical ill) when he had the chance? It's so cute when when others wish to mold Jesus to fit their agenda.

Jesus and the Baptist wanted the return of the discarded laws....... definitely the return of the poor-laws. The fat rich religious hypocrites in the priesthood had discarded all in favour of theior own agendas. It was all a bit like today, really.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
America has enough of its own poor that it ignores and does little to help.
letting more in will not change much of anything.
Those that can help themselves will survive those that can not will remain poor.
that is the way it works under capatilism.

mostly incomers are very good workers.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
with me.

Cutvto trump sneering thst it is a scam.

and say, "Go!"?

You don't need a Jesus. You need a Patton to run down to these countries and exterminate the cause of all this right at the source.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I usually stay out of such threads and haven't really made my position known on this, but I'm feeling adventurous today...

Let's say hypothetically that the US is full (which given that our population density is among the thinnest in the world I fail to see how). Why not just negotiate to annex Mexico and solve the whole issue? If Mexico becomes a state, then its inhabitants would be eligible for the same benefits and subject to the same taxation as the rest of the country.

I know that no one else has ever thought of this, and since I now posted it on a public religious forum, both governments will now take this under consideration.

You're welcome.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...

download (7).jpg