• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep your negativity out of this thread

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
afad86077e38836fb966ecd0ae454090.jpg

How To Handle Criticism - Mindset Changes and Action

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Anger limits us. But if we have the courage to look at our anger and its causes and to learn from it, we can develop an open heart—a heart of genuine compassion.

—Jules Shuzen Harris,

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
YET 2 see full scorecard but England won after being all out for 67 in first innings! Chased down 359! and won by one wicket - Aussies sure have a habit of losing the close ones!!!

They got 76 for the last wicket and their number 11 got just one run!! --->

In the first innings combined their were 2 players out of 22 that reached 13! Australia actually had a partnership of 111 out of their total of 179!!

We can all die happy now – cricket doesn't get any better than this -

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricke...get-any-better-than-this-20190826-p52knk.html

Wow!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Big claim -

There have been 2,358 Tests since 1877 and this was the greatest of them all

Would they have said the same if we had scored a narrow win??

Indeed, 18 Ashes Tests have been decided by one or two wickets or fewer than 20 runs. The score in these matches is 13-5 to England, and Australia’s last win was in 1925. This stat must mean something but I’m not sure what. The British ability to defy seemingly impossible odds (Betfair made them a 35-1 chance at one stage on Sunday)?

England were of course 500-1 at Headingley in 1981 but that was more PR stunt than serious assessment. There is a school of thought that this long-ago win wrecked English cricket for years, making the team dependent on blind optimism rather than logic, practice and application. For God’s sake don’t pass the 13-5 figure to Downing Street. It’ll make things 10 times worse.

There have been 2,358 Tests since 1877 and this was the greatest of them all | Matthew Engel

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The Science of Taming the Wandering Mind

Mindful.org is another great site -

Consider the following statement: Human beings only use 10 percent of their brain capacity. Well, as a neuroscientist I can tell you that, while Morgan Freeman delivered this line with the gravitas that makes him a great actor, this statement is entirely false. The truth is human beings use 100% of their brain capacity.

The brain is a highly efficient energy demanding organ that gets fully utilized and, even though it is at full capacity being used, it suffers from a problem of information overload. There’s far too much in the environment than it can fully process. So to solve this problem of overload evolution devised a solution, which is the brain’s attention system.

Attention allows us to notice, select, and direct the brain’s computational resources to a subset of all that’s available. We can think of attention as the leader of the brain. Wherever attention goes the rest of the brain follows—in some sense, it’s your brain’s boss.

To read the full article -

The Science of Taming the Wandering Mind - Mindful

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Fearless soul is a site I MAY have mentioned at some stage but check-out their menus etc -

Insights from an African tribe ...

Desmond Tutu explained the concept in this way.

“Africans have a thing called Ubuntu. We believe that a person is a person through other persons. That my humanity is caught up, bound up, inextricably, with yours. When I dehumanize you, I dehumanize myself. The solitary human being is a contradiction in terms. Therefore you seek to work for the common good because your humanity comes into its own in community, in belonging.”

~ Desmond Tutu

The Ubuntu concept is that we each exist as an extension of one another. We are all innately connected through our being here on Earth at the same time.

When one person suffers, we all suffer. When one person rejoices, we all rejoice.

What a beautiful idea.

For the full site -

The Secret To Happiness Modern Society Seems To Be Missing..

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Arundhati Roy quotes - from a library book ....

The secret of the Great Stories is that they have no secrets. The Great Stories are the ones you have heard and want to hear again. The ones you can enter anywhere and inhabit comfortably. They don't deceive you with thrills and trick endings. They don't surprise you with the unforeseen.. They are as familiar as the house you live in. Or the smell of your lover's skin. You know how they end yet you listen as though you don't. In the way that you know that one day you will die, you live as though you won't. In the Great Stories you know who lives, who dies, who finds love, who doesn't. And yet you want to know again. That is their mystery and their magic.

Arundhati Roy - Wikiquote

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Historic moment - I have just logged back onto the library computer after 5 hours with my first session ... so there are a LOT of sites to share - such as:

Where did the voice come from and why is it so hard to make it be quiet? Do you ever notice the voice in your head has a lot of self-judgments? How come when I try to turn off the voice in my head it doesn’t seem to work?

For most people the mind has developed into something that does incessant describing, comparing, and judging. When I didn’t have any awareness I didn’t notice how busy it was all the time. When I noticed it, I just assumed that it was me thinking. I didn’t think of my thinking as judgmental. I just thought that my opinions were the right ones. Because I was comfortable with my opinions for a long time they didn’t bother me. But then in times of stress when the voice in my head would keep me up at night, I began to notice things were out of balance.

Most everyone has this type of chatter in their mind to varying degrees. The difference is that some people identify with it, and feel it is them. Other people realize that their mind has taken on a life of its own and decide to do something about it.

The Voice in My Head | Happiness | Pathway to Happiness

Check-out their menus too!

And I aint even sore despite not being game enough to do yoga on the floor of the public library :)

Enjoy!

:)