• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please keep your negativity out of this thread

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Would you describe yourself as a compassionate person?

Even if you don’t necessarily see yourself that way, I bet you’re compassionate at least some of the time (e.g., when you’re well-rested and not in a hurry), or with certain people in your life (e.g., with your closest friends). Compassion can be thought of as a mental state or an orientation towards suffering (your own or others’) that includes four components:

Six Habits of Highly Compassionate People

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More 4 the "new version" of my book ...

Plodders-Prayer.jpg

Plodders Prayer - Leunig

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Although curiosity killed the cat it would appear that it is an essential quality for human development and learning.

It is also a primary aspect of mindfulness. Curiosity allows us to begin to turn toward the entirety of experience, moving us from avoidance to approach, including that which we don’t like. I would argue curiosity and kindness are the antidotes to judgment and other harsh evaluations we may direct toward ourselves or others and it is a quality that can be developed.

Let's Get Curious! - Mindful

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Also from recent emailing -

Bible merry heart

Easter message love

Spiritual practice ego

The only disability in life is a bad attitude

Bells- youtube?

Tolle acceptance enjoyment enthusiasm

Tolle momentous event evolution (human)