• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please Help!

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Dopple, if you ever come back to Spokane.... let me know. I'll buy the dinner!

I like country, rock, etc... a bit of everything!

I want to talk about why I am trying to make good of my situation. I need that. I know others get that too, but? I wish they could see it. I am trying to start an attempted suicide survivor group here. There is no group but one for "sucicide survivors" but it is clearly stated that it is not for people like me; only for ones who know a loved one who did die by suicide!

I am trying to make good of my expirience. I am contacting churches, etc... to make a support group for I know there is need for it. I am trying to do good with my "bad" doings.....
That's a really good idea. You must be a caring person to try to offer something positive out of your own struggles.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
I contacted my good friend who in an ordained minister for help. I emailed another church to see if they would help. I am trying.... I am trying....

Sorry, I am all over the place emotionally right now. I am just trying to keep it together right now. So....

I've been to Denver many times, Auto. I've been through Illinois, Wheres... I think Stellify is in CO as well. How is the weather. We got a cold front here now, COLD!

Stellify

StarChild
I like country, rock, etc... a bit of everything!

I want to talk about why I am trying to make good of my situation. I need that. I know others get that too, but? I wish they could see it. I am trying to start an attempted suicide survivor group here. There is no group but one for "sucicide survivors" but it is clearly stated that it is not for people like me; only for ones who know a loved one who did die by suicide!

I am trying to make good of my expirience. I am contacting churches, etc... to make a support group for I know there is need for it. I am trying to do good with my "bad" doings.....
I agree, people who attempted suicide need a group...It's not something that's easy to go through, and I think having others who have shared a similar experience is important. It's always good to know you're not alone and that you have friends who are there for you :)
As for why you are trying to make good of your situation...I think doing good and helping support others reminds us that we really are needed, wanted and loved. I've found it's something that can be easy to forget when everything seems to be going wrong. But a newfound "purpose" can be a good therapy, I think. :)

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
I contacted my good friend who in an ordained minister for help. I emailed another church to see if they would help. I am trying.... I am trying....

Sorry, I am all over the place emotionally right now. I am just trying to keep it together right now. So....

I've been to Denver many times, Auto. I've been through Illinois, Wheres... I think Stellify is in CO as well. How is the weather. We got a cold front here now, COLD!
Good move, Comet. Sometimes feeling all alone is really rough.

It turned cold and snowing here today. My kids and I spent the day in the house. In fact, I still have my pajamas on!

I think it's really good, really hopeful that you're reaching out.

cardero

Citizen Mod
My favorite children's book is called "Pizza Pat" and it's about a guy named Pat who makes a pizza and all of these crazy looking mice who steal his pizza. :)
This character sounds like it could be developed into a meaningful franchise and affect the lives of many adults.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Heehee...I actually giggled at that :D
Yeehaw!!!!!!! *tips cowboy hat* ;)
Come visit and I'll take you out to a honky-tonk!

I haven't been country dancing in about 9 years now!

Hi Comet, just checking in. How's it going today?

Going okay, I made it through a long day at work anyway. I got really HO-HUM as I do on these stupid medications, but I survived anyway.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Great to "see" you today, Brian! Wishing you the best as you adjust to your meds.

My friend showed me the little spider on the dollar bill. I had no clue. :)

Stellify

StarChild
I haven't been country dancing in about 9 years now!

I'm absolutely horrible at it, but the floors are so slick it makes even my dancing look a little smoother lol.
We also have a kickass biker bar or two around here. Some GORGEOUS bikes and hot rods show up on weekends...:drool:

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
I'm absolutely horrible at it, but the floors are so slick it makes even my dancing look a little smoother lol.
We also have a kickass biker bar or two around here. Some GORGEOUS bikes and hot rods show up on weekends...:drool:

I do like biker bars more than country dancing! There is a nice biker bar just down the hill from me, it has a bad reputation but I've never had any problems there. Granted, motorcycles/cars to not interest me whatsoever.

Stellify

StarChild
I do like biker bars more than country dancing! There is a nice biker bar just down the hill from me, it has a bad reputation but I've never had any problems there. Granted, motorcycles/cars to not interest me whatsoever.

What kinda places do you like to go best? I myself prefer cool little hole-in-the-wall places with interesting decorations, drinks, art, people, etc. We have a place here called Martini Ranch. It has like a bajillion different kinds of martinis and is fun. Also other little places with live bands and stuff. There's also a cool little lounge in a theatre that has AWESOME midnight showings. Go for a few drinks, hang out...see old-school Ninja Turtles at midnight :D
Speaking of which...I should see what their playing this week!

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
What kinda places do you like to go best? I myself prefer cool little hole-in-the-wall places with interesting decorations, drinks, art, people, etc. We have a place here called Martini Ranch. It has like a bajillion different kinds of martinis and is fun. Also other little places with live bands and stuff. There's also a cool little lounge in a theatre that has AWESOME midnight showings. Go for a few drinks, hang out...see old-school Ninja Turtles at midnight :D
Speaking of which...I should see what their playing this week!

I love hole in the wall places, especially for food. Biker bars tend to be good since you don't get the @$$-hole crowd there (they are too scared of the bikers). I hate movie theaters! Hate them! Wait for it to come on DVD is what I say. Though a movie theater with beer? Hmmm.......

Stellify

StarChild
I love hole in the wall places, especially for food. Biker bars tend to be good since you don't get the @$$-hole crowd there (they are too scared of the bikers). I hate movie theaters! Hate them! Wait for it to come on DVD is what I say. Though a movie theater with beer? Hmmm.......
mmm :D What's your favorite kinda food? I really love Thai and Indian...but, I'm just a food junkie in general :eek:
Haha yeah, biker bars are great for that. And at the one near me there's this great, rough-around-the-edges bartender who's fun to talk to :)
Why do you hate movie theaters so much? The one I'm talking about is pretty cool...It's like a hole in the wall theater, if that makes any sense :p They show old stuff and stuff you can't find anywhere else. And the lounge is great. One low wall has water spilling down it, and it's cozy. And has alcohol lol.
We also have at least two bars that specialize in interesting beer, wine and cider. One has like 150 different kinds of beer on tap :eek: