• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please Help!

challupa

You must not watch the National News for Spokane was on it! We set a new record with 28 inches in a 24 hour period... also a record for 80+ inches in a month.... and come Saturday we'll set a season record with 90+ inches for the winter season! Global Warming???? YES! It melted the ice-caps and it fell right here!!!!!!!
:D That's a lot of rain even for you guys!! We have had more snow this winter than we've had in many years so I guess part of the ice-cap is falling frozen. Maybe that's why you're feeling the way you are. Not enough sun. I used to live in Victoria, BC and winters were hard for me because I didn't get enough sun. I got depressed when it stayed grey for too many days and it didn't seem like the rain would ever quit.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Yes, the GOO fell upon the head with the word!

I know if they said "Water", water fell on their head. What was it that they had to say for the slime to fall? "I don't know?"

It's been so long since I've seen that show. I couldn't believe it when someone said that Alanis Morissette was once on that show.

challupa

Ahahahaha!!
Mine likes sleeping on my face. I keep having to shove her off.
She regularly falls off the counter and into the trash can.
She also jumps in the shower with me, then FREAKS when she gets wet. It's hilarious. The only thing I've ever seen her do that was funnier was when she fell in the toilet.
Twice.
The second time it was especially hysterical because she fell in, and then the lid fell and knocked her BACK in as soon as she tried to climb out.
:biglaugh:
That's hilarious. I can just picture that happening to mine. He does such stupid things. Cats can certainly be entertaining. Mine is a long hair so we get him the lion cut in the summer. He is orange so he does look like a lion. He is also huge. The neighbor kids actually ask me when he gets his haircut cause they think it looks so funny.

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
I've got two classes tomorrow. One is Botany, and the other is something which I don't really know what it is, but I had to take it.

Botany is of plants, what is the other class?

"I don't know" leads to GOO! Allanis Morresette indeed...

Rain? NO! I meant 80+ inches of SNOW this year!

dawny0826

Mother Heathen

Can you box some snow up and send it to me? I forget what snow looks and feels like.

But it's silly for me to complain. I actually like this part of Virginia.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Thanks Jen and Tim! I mean Draka and Turk! Thank you all for taking my mind to a better place! Frubals to all when I am in a better state! I can at least smile now! :)
This is good, my friend. Try to remember when things look bleak that there are those of us who care and would miss you greatly. Sadly, I have to go out now, but I see you are in good hands.

Never give in to the despair... as it may not let you go.

challupa

SNOW!!! I know your area got lots at Christmas, but I didn't realize you're still getting it. That's unheard of. Last big snow was in 1996 in Victoria that I remember and everything ground to a stop.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
This is good, my friend. Try to remember when things look bleak that there are those of us who care and would miss you greatly. Sadly, I have to go out now, but I see you are in good hands.

Never give in to the despair... as it may not let you go.

Gives Paul an enormous virtual hug. (((HUG)))

.lava

Veteran Member
Can you box some snow up and send it to me? I forget what snow looks and feels like.

But it's silly for me to complain. I actually like this part of Virginia.

lol once i knew a playboy who's nick was snow. snow of Paris he was :D

.lava

Veteran Member
SNOW!!! I know your area got lots at Christmas, but I didn't realize you're still getting it. That's unheard of. Last big snow was in 1996 in Victoria that I remember and everything ground to a stop.

i really love to see that blue light of snow at night. it is amazing how it lightens up the earth.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Ahahahaha!!
Mine likes sleeping on my face. I keep having to shove her off.
She regularly falls off the counter and into the trash can.
She also jumps in the shower with me, then FREAKS when she gets wet. It's hilarious. The only thing I've ever seen her do that was funnier was when she fell in the toilet.
Twice.
The second time it was especially hysterical because she fell in, and then the lid fell and knocked her BACK in as soon as she tried to climb out.
:biglaugh:

This reminds me of one of the hardest times I've ever laughed in my life.

I was living in Richmond. Me, my roommate and his girlfriend went to Belle Isle at night. When the water level is low you can go hiking on the rocks and find some really sweet clearings and start a bonfire.

It was REALLY dark that night and when we were leaving he fell knee deep into a puddle because he thought it was part of the ground. He took his pants off and dried them/lit them on fire with the bonfire we made. After they dried, we attempted to leave again and he fell AGAIN--this time chest deep--into another puddle he thought was just the ground. You probably had to be there but I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe. It was so funny that he did it twice and he looked so pathetic. He took his pants off again and just threw them in the fire. Then dragged the smoldering pieces along for whatever reason until he just ditched em altogether.

AHHHH!!! Hahaha.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
So much thread to catch up on!

My favorite children's book is called "Pizza Pat" and it's about a guy named Pat who makes a pizza and all of these crazy looking mice who steal his pizza. :)
My favourite book as a little kid was Robert the Rose Horse; that was the very first book I read by myself.

Fraggle Rock Rules! the Doozers, Red, Uncle somethingorother, etc.... NICE! :)
Fraggle Rock is awesome. "Gobo" has always been on my short list of names if I ever got a dog.

Yeah...it snows more than about a centimeter here and all the schools shut down.
People in Dallas are bad drivers anyways, but add ANY kind of weather (rain, fog, snow, sleet...even just really overcast skies) to the mix and *bam!*...wrecks every quarter mile down any major road you can find.
Heh... the same thing happens here with the first big snowstorm of the year. Over the summer, everyone forgets how to drive in the snow.

So Brian, you ever watch cartoons like Voltron or G force?
DUDE! Voltron! I had the yellow lion toy. None of the other ones, though. I was jealous of the kids in my class who had the whole set and could build Voltron.

Around that age, along with Voltron and Fraggle Rock, I was also a big fan of Press Your Luck... and re-runs of Emergency! I'd run home from kindergarten to watch it. The big one for me was the Dukes of Hazzard: most nights, bedtime was at 8:00, but we could stay up until 9:00 to watch Bo and Luke.

challupa

i really love to see that blue light of snow at night. it is amazing how it lightens up the earth.

Yes I love that too. In the fall before the snow comes everything seems so dark. Once the snow arrives, it makes such a difference. That's one thing I like about where I live now. We get snow instead of rain all the time.