• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please Help!

Stellify

StarChild
I started in psychology and astrophysics, but ended up in anthropology!

Now I have to get back to work....:(

That's so cool!

I want to learn everything... :eek:

Actual work, where I am at now. We have an auditor here today, so I don't have time to goof off!

I do nothing with my college schooling from years past: no psychology, no anthropology. I've only put my recent college expirience to use for I had to go to school to work here, but work paid for it! :D

Work always sucks till payday, school just sucked!

Blech. Hate auditors.

Haha even if you don't use it, it's cool that you got to learn about it :D And that's AWESOME that your work paid for your schooling. I wish I had a job that was doing that :sarcastic
My last school was wicked expensive :(

So work mostly sucked today, I hate audits. Then I got to thinking about bills, etc... Needless to say, my thoughts are not so great right now. So, I'm trying to cheer myself up and not think about anything till Survivor comes on. Then I'll have some mindless entertainment for an hour, then I'll go to bed and try to sleep. So, what is new with everybody?

Well, I finished those two tests! Woo!
It was beautiful here today. Sunny, a little windy, about 76 degrees. I drove around for about an hour with my windows all the way down, blasting music :D

I tried singing along, but my coughing has made me lose my voice, so it came out more like a loud croak :cover:

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
I've learned about a ton of stuff over the years. College didn't teach me much of anything, thus I ended up in anthropology: it was all new to me! Make the $$$$$ I was spending be worth something anyway. My work paid to fly me to Ohio and take a class with The Ohio State University. I also get tuition reimbursement if I choose to go back to school.

Glad you got two tests done, the tornados were gone, your tire let you drive, and wished you felt better.

Stellify

StarChild
I've learned about a ton of stuff over the years. College didn't teach me much of anything, thus I ended up in anthropology: it was all new to me! Make the $$$$$ I was spending be worth something anyway. My work paid to fly me to Ohio and take a class with The Ohio State University. I also get tuition reimbursement if I choose to go back to school.

Glad you got two tests done, the tornados were gone, your tire let you drive, and wished you felt better.

I'm stick hacking up chunks of lung, but that's ok :D
Thank you for the kind thoughts :hug:

What kinda stuff did you get into with anthropology? I knew someone who was majoring in that up at GeneCosta's school.

(btw...I missed you today!! :hugehug: )
:D

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
I loved everything about anthropology:

Linguistics
Archaeology
Genetics
Evolution
Different cultures
etc...

AWH... I missed you too. Glad I caught you tonight! I do hope you feel better though.

I went into anthropology for:
1. My psych 105 class of over 800 people
2. My first two years of psych were nothing new to me
3. Astrophysics is a lot of math
4. I love genetics
5. I love archaeology
6. It was all something I was LEARNING, not paying to be reminded of what I knew

Stellify

StarChild
I loved everything about anthropology:

Linguistics
Archaeology
Genetics
Evolution
Different cultures
etc...

AWH... I missed you too. Glad I caught you tonight! I do hope you feel better though.

I went into anthropology for:
1. My psych 105 class of over 800 people
2. My first two years of psych were nothing new to me
3. Astrophysics is a lot of math
4. I love genetics
5. I love archaeology
6. It was all something I was LEARNING, not paying to be reminded of what I knew
*sigh* I'm jealous :)

Genetics, archaeology, linguistics, different cultures...I would love to study all those things.

When I was younger I seriously considered becoming an archaeologist :D
My old boss went on digs out in Egypt...Found some amazing stuff. His friend was the discoverer of one of the major tombs.

Oh man, you've got me all day-dreamy now :p

Except that this other thread I was just posting in has me all p***** off! :banghead3

*hmph!*

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Don't be so mad, there are always agrivating posts around here. You are still in school, so you can still take an anthropology class or two or twelve or change your major to it! :)

Back to work for me for now.

Stellify

StarChild
I know....it just irritates me that there are so many close-minded, ignorant people out there :rolleyes:

Heehee...if I didn't love psychology so much, I might very well change have majored in anthropology instead :D

How did your day go? :hug:

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
It was good, then bad, then good, then REALLY BAD AGAIN, then it got better... feeling more up than down right now. I was really down for a few reasons just a short bit ago. Yet, things keep looking up! There you are! :) xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!!!!!!!!

:)

Stellify

StarChild
It was good, then bad, then good, then REALLY BAD AGAIN, then it got better... feeling more up than down right now. I was really down for a few reasons just a short bit ago. Yet, things keep looking up! There you are! :) xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!!!!!!!!

:)

Eee! I got 'xoxo'd! Score! :D

I'm sorry to hear you had a rough time today. Any particular reason you would like to talk about?

But I am glad you're feeling better!! :hugkiss: xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo!!!

...My cat fell in the toilet again yesterday..

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
My cat just tried to light her @$$ on fire for a second time!!!!!!!!! Good thing I was right here with the squirt bottle this time! ARGH! Seriously, how many times do you have to sit on a candle to learn! I best go check on her now....

I was down from reading the RFism thread I made... I brought myself up by adding new people though.

Stellify

StarChild
My cat just tried to light her @$$ on fire for a second time!!!!!!!!! Good thing I was right here with the squirt bottle this time! ARGH! Seriously, how many times do you have to sit on a candle to learn! I best go check on her now....

I was down from reading the RFism thread I made... I brought myself up by adding new people though.

Haha your cat sounds hilarious. Poor thing. What does she look like? :D
I've always wanted a siamese cat. Not sure why.

Aw...I know what you mean. But new friends join RF all the time, too!

And I really liked your new post! I thought it was clever :D :bounce

..I think I might go grab some Indian food in a bit. Yum :drool:

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
You should get some Indian food, get something spicey to break up you phlegm!

I usually am clever and like to write, so it helped quite a bit to do that.

The last time my cat sat on a candle: she lost 1/2 her furr on her butt and tail, I had to chase her down the hall with kitty @$$ all aflame! This time was just the tail, I shot her with the "bad kitty squirtbottle", and the smell left after a few minutes. Last time my apartment stunk for an hour. Despite the doors being open... I think that was last winter! I posted the story here on RF somewhere. I'll have to update it that she tried again!

Stellify

StarChild
You should get some Indian food, get something spicey to break up you phlegm!

I usually am clever and like to write, so it helped quite a bit to do that.

The last time my cat sat on a candle: she lost 1/2 her furr on her butt and tail, I had to chase her down the hall with kitty @$$ all aflame! This time was just the tail, I shot her with the "bad kitty squirtbottle", and the smell left after a few minutes. Last time my apartment stunk for an hour. Despite the doors being open... I think that was last winter! I posted the story here on RF somewhere. I'll have to update it that she tried again!

Oh no, I can't handle stuff that's really spicy! :cover:

I'm glad you like writing :D It seems like a really good outlet for you, and you're rather talented at it, imho :D

Hahahaha! I LOL'ed at the cat story....
Now I can't stop giggling at the image of a flaming cat butt fleeing down a hallway :p
*shakes head* your poor cat.

I'm cleaning up my apartment...slowly.
I wanna have enough room to set up the tv and xbox and whatnot so i can play online with my friends :D

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
Cleaning takes time, I need to do laundry again today. It is 3AM and I can't sleep, so here I am again. My cat is none the worse for wear, just some singed furr on her tail. You'd think she'd learn eventually! Oh well...

Stellify

StarChild
heh yeah...didn't get as much done as I had hoped. Oh well. I'll do some more tonight after I'm allowed to come back (roomie wants me to vacate for a few hours so she and her boyfriend can have privacy)...*sigh*

Hope you got some more sleep!! :D

I'm gonna go leave you a smoochy Valentine's message on your profile now :p

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
I forgot: my one cat who has fire issues is a french charteaux. It basically looks like a Russian Blue, but much fatter and pudgy. All gray.... and chubby!

Ah yes, stupid Valentine's Day again. I never did like this holiday. To me it is the one day other women get to feel special. I tend to spoil my gal every other day of the year. I've never needed an excuse to give flowers, buy stupid mushy stuff, cook a nice dinner, tell another how I feel, or do one of my idioticly romantic things. Today is for all the other women. Granted, I'm single right now; so let them have their day anyway! :)

Happy Valentine's Day to all anyway! Thanks for my smoochy message.. ha ha ha

XOXO

Stellify

StarChild
I forgot: my one cat who has fire issues is a french charteaux. It basically looks like a Russian Blue, but much fatter and pudgy. All gray.... and chubby!

Ah yes, stupid Valentine's Day again. I never did like this holiday. To me it is the one day other women get to feel special. I tend to spoil my gal every other day of the year. I've never needed an excuse to give flowers, buy stupid mushy stuff, cook a nice dinner, tell another how I feel, or do one of my idioticly romantic things. Today is for all the other women. Granted, I'm single right now; so let them have their day anyway! :)

Happy Valentine's Day to all anyway! Thanks for my smoochy message.. ha ha ha

XOXO
Aw :D You should post a pictures of your cats! ^_^

Heh...yeah. I really don't like Valentine's Day....I refuse to celebrate it. I realized today that I'm really quite the grouch :eek: I think I've threatened every boyfriend I've ever had with terrible consequences if he made me celebrate Valentine's :p
Love. Bah! Who needs it?! :rolleyes:

You're welcome :D That's the ONLY thing I like about V-Day: I get to give my friends a little extra lovin' :hug:

Comet

Harvey Wallbanger
If I knew how to post pictures I would. I have some on my cell phone, but I don't know how to send them to my email. Even if I did, I still haven't figured out how to post pictures here. I'm a computer illeterate!

We all need love, we just don't need VD-DAY! BLAH indeed... :)

Stellify

StarChild
If I knew how to post pictures I would. I have some on my cell phone, but I don't know how to send them to my email. Even if I did, I still haven't figured out how to post pictures here. I'm a computer illeterate!

We all need love, we just don't need VD-DAY! BLAH indeed... :)

If you have any on your computer, you can send them to me and I'll post them :D

Otherwise, you can get a photobucket account and upload the pictures there, then post the url here within the little
tags.

Heehee...vd-day.
Just think of how many kids will be born nine months from now! :p