• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please Help. I am questioning my Religion.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
To be honest, it's very conflicting for me. I am Eastern Orthodox, over the past years, my faith has dropped significant. I stopped praying to God, and now I am stuck into thinking that there is not enough evidence to support that he existed. I am sort of Agnostic at the moment, and I don't like that. When people say that God is savioir and lord, I secretly cringe and think they are fools who are worshipping a fictional character.

Somebody, please help, because I am questioning my religion. By the way, I am only 15. I will never practice Satanism, so my thoughts about being an Atheist are crossed.

Religions for me are not powerful as before, and I know I am wrong. Thank you.

I think you could benefit by expanding on what constitutes religion. It's much more than Abrahamism, or atheism. There are other gropups of religions like the dharmic ones, (Sikhism, Buddhism, Hinduism) and Asian ones, (Shinto, Taoism, Confucianism) that are outside your current model. The very concept of God is different that what you indicated. Best wishes, it's a vast world to explore.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
Eastern Orthodox, over the past years, my faith has dropped significant. I stopped praying to God, and now I am stuck into thinking that there is not enough evidence to support that he existed
If you think this religion is false, you should reject it. I believe in a personal God who is good and beautiful, but admittedly this is not easy to harmonize with a universe having a planet with suffering creatures.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
If you think this religion is false, you should reject it. I believe in a personal God who is good and beautiful, but admittedly this is not easy to harmonize with a universe having a planet with suffering creatures.

And that dilemma is usually answered in one of two ways in the Abrahamic faiths:
  1. It's God's will, who are we to question him, he has a plan, he works in mysterious ways.
  2. There can't be a God, because if he were loving and good he wouldn't allow suffering.
However, there is a 3rd option that is rarely considered: God does not control or micromanage things, he is not a puppet master. He is not sitting on some cushy throne in the sky rubbing his hands together saying "I think I'll give this child cancer. No! Better yet, I'll let her burn to death in a house fire. bwahahahaha". :rolleyes: The Heathen, Pagan and Dharmic religions understand this. What happens is the workings of the universe, wyrd, karma, quantum mechanics, whatever. The universe is a violent place, it sucks and it wants to kill you.

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
God does not control or micromanage things, he is not a puppet master.
I'm inclined to agree, but this makes God as not the all-powerful creator of this universe and of all conscious creatures in it. It seems pantheistic when considering the origins of the universe.