• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Please clarify what is meant by eternal book with eternal claims

whirlingmerc

There was a man named Juha who was very excited to find a book with eternal words.

Juha was so excited he went around villages sharing what he found and that he had a book very very ancient and with sayings from eternity that commanded "Jews are told to study their book!! and Christians are told to study their book!!!" He walked around every single house in every single villages shouting this as loudly as he could

Most ignored Juha and treated him as annoying but some village people said 'Silly, silly Juha! that part no longer applies since those books were true and right at the time of the writing down but the words are from eternity no longer and soon after other booksl became corrupt. Do you not know!" Please oh please be quiet Juha, it's used to be true and isn't anymore... time to stop quoting that portion.

But that night Juha himself tossed and turned and could not sleep as he tried to make sense of it.
What advice would you give Juha to help him along a path of enlightenment? Are there eternal words that are not eternally true or should Juha take an aspirin and go to sleep?

Last edited:

Shushersbedamned

I hope juha doesn't intend to sleep with an aspiring..

I am no one to advice anyone on anything but shallow would his faith have to be to be broken so easily.

In fact I dare say, he wasn't tossing and turning for lack of faith, he was just frightened and lonely.

whirlingmerc

I hope juha doesn't intend to sleep with an aspiring..

I am no one to advice anyone on anything but shallow would his faith have to be to be broken so easily.

In fact I dare say, he wasn't tossing and turning for lack of faith, he was just frightened and lonely.

The story continued..

The next night Juha decided to read some of the books and saw from Isaiah PBUH
"The grass withers and the flower fades but the word of God abides forever"
and then Juha read from the gospels that Jesus PBUH said "Heaven and earth shall pass away but my words should not pass away" And that night Juha slept soundly and in peace.

Juha decided to tell the world and traveled to Jerusalem and cried out "Jews should read the Torah!" and Rabbi Shlomo smiled and waved and blessed Juha. Juha then traveled to Rome and cried out "Christians should read their Gospel!" and the Pope Francis smiled and waved and blessed Juha. But the night Juha got back from his travels, Children cheered and people thanks Juha. Juha did the same in his village and his villagers told him again "Juha, Juha, Juha! Those are eternal words indeed come down from heaven, but no longer true even though they used to be true. They were true now false.... don't worry about it too much" Juha thought of it all and could not sleep again and tossed and turned all night wondering to himself "Is it true or not? eternal or not?"

Can you help Juha get back to a path of peace.

Last edited: