• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Planned Parenthood disavows Margaret Sanger"

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You aren't saying the article is untrue, you just dismiss news that you don't like. That's true of the Left in general concerning the "news" segment of Fox.
Nope, that's not the case as Fox is well established as basically being a mouthpiece for the right, and Murdock created it to be that way. Do they have a right to put that out and you have a right to post it, and the answer is yes.

However, ...

Colt

Nope, that's not the case as Fox is well established as basically being a mouthpiece for the right, and Murdock created it to be that way. Do they have a right to put that out and you have a right to post it, and the answer is yes.

However, ...
The existence of Fox is at least some balance as the rest of the media are Leftist activist masquerading as journalists. For years the Left owned information dissemination, not anymore.

metis

The existence of Fox is at least some balance as the rest of the media are Leftist activist masquerading as journalists. For years the Left owned information dissemination, not anymore.
"False equivalencies" are not dealing with the truth, as numerous studies, the most recent one I've seen was from non-partisan PolitiFact, concluded that Fox news is the least accurate of all the national t.v. news outlets followed by MSNBC. It was essentially created that way by Murdock to reflect a more "conservative" source.

The most accurate is PBS NewsHour, btw, followed by CNN. However, please note that "bias" and "accuracy" are not synonymous terms.

Colt

"False equivalencies" are not dealing with the truth, as numerous studies, the most recent one I've seen was from non-partisan PolitiFact, concluded that Fox news is the least accurate of all the national t.v. news outlets followed by MSNBC. It was essentially created that way by Murdock to reflect a more "conservative" source.

The most accurate is PBS NewsHour, btw, followed by CNN. However, please note that "bias" and "accuracy" are not synonymous terms.
That hasn't been my experience, besides, how does one determine the accuracy of stories that they don't even report???

Last edited:

metis

the rest of the media are Leftist activist masquerading as journalists
False. Again, you're using "false equivalency". The large t.v. networks tend to be only somewhat left of center in regards to bias but are quite good when it comes to accuracy.

BTW, the only people who watch Fox "News" are those who want "confirmation bias", not facts, and "Scientific American" verified this in at least one of their own studies that I read several years ago.

As for myself, I watch them all [I'm retired, plus I never rely on any single source anyway], including getting my Yahoo News on-line early in the morning that draws from all sorts of sources.

Colt

It's called "science", and that's my main orientation.
Whatever your science is it didn't help you when dismissing the OP on this thread because you have a bias towards the source. The FOX news piece is about an op-ed written by the head of PP in the NYT.

I’m the Head of Planned Parenthood. We’re Done Making Excuses for Our Founder.
We must reckon with Margaret Sanger’s association with white supremacist groups and eugenics.

Opinion | I’m the Head of Planned Parenthood. We’re Done Making Excuses for Our Founder.

metis

Whatever your science is it didn't help you when dismissing the OP on this thread because you have a bias towards the source. The FOX news piece is about an op-ed written by the head of PP in the NYT.

I’m the Head of Planned Parenthood. We’re Done Making Excuses for Our Founder.
We must reckon with Margaret Sanger’s association with white supremacist groups and eugenics.

Opinion | I’m the Head of Planned Parenthood. We’re Done Making Excuses for Our Founder.
Now you are being dishonest as I explained in a post a short while back why I commented the way I did on your OP. [post #21]

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You and I aren't debating abortion. I'm pro-choice btw. The OP is about the racist founding of PP and the ongoing racial disparity of abortion in an age when racial disparity is the topic of the day. Abortion is the leading cause of death in the black community.
Was it though? I could see that the black population were often the most in need of its services. The poor are those that need that sort of help the most and there have been historically a higher percentage of black people among the poor largely due to the racist history of America. It is always easy to reinterpret quotes after the fact and make them appear to be more racists than they were.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
"False equivalencies" are not dealing with the truth, as numerous studies....
This is a misuse of "false equivalence".
Fox has a right leaning agenda....no argument there.
But it counterbalances sources leaning left, eg, Wa Po,
NYT, MSNBC, Huff Po, Atlantic, NPR, who also proffer
dishonest news. You might argue that Fox is worse,
but that's a red herring to avoid the real issue, ie,
agenda laden news designed to propagandize.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Even if one race has more women freely choosing
abortion, I don't see a problem. It's exercising a liberty.

Don't fall into the pattern of the left, ie, making a policy
be wrongful just because of racial disparate effect.
It's people making choices.....not government imposing'm.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This is a misuse of "false equivalence".
Fox has a right leaning agenda....no argument there.
But it counterbalances sources leaning left, eg, Wa Po,
NYT, MSNBC, Huff Po, Atlantic, NPR, who also proffer
dishonest news. You might argue that Fox is worse,
but that's a red herring to avoid the real issue, ie,
agenda laden news designed to propagandize.
I use to like FOX News, years and years ago. But they started to chase to go to the extremes. They use to be the conservative equivalent to CNN. Between the two you got a good balance. Then they became the conservative equivalent MSNBC. Still not too bad. Just a bit whacko. Then the Trump era began and they went off the rails. When the tried to correct for that after the last election and report honestly the Kool Aid drinkers were not having it and jumped ship to the other far right sources. At present there is a big gulf between the various degrees of left leaning sources and conservative sources. I don't know of any that are not crazy right currently.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I use to like FOX News, years and years ago. But they started to chase to go to the extremes. They use to be the conservative equivalent to CNN. Between the two you got a good balance. Then they became the conservative equivalent MSNBC. Still not too bad. Just a bit whacko. Then the Trump era began and they went off the rails. When the tried to correct for that after the last election and report honestly the Kool Aid drinkers were not having it and jumped ship to the other far right sources. At present there is a big gulf between the various degrees of left leaning sources and conservative sources. I don't know of any that are not crazy right currently.
You once liked Fox News?
I'm gonna use that against you some day.
I like watching very rightish OAN.
It's a real window into how some friends think.
Same for NPR, although their agenda is more subtle, & less loopy.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You once liked Fox News?
I'm gonna use that against you some day.
I like watching very rightish OAN.
It's a real window into how some friends think.
Same for NPR, although their agenda is more subtle, & less loopy.
The far right stuff makes my head hurt these days. When FOX lost Shepard Smith there was pretty much no longer a reason to watch the network.

Colt

ROTFLMAO
Your chart says nothing about abortion being the number one killer of African Americans.

Care to try again, only with data that supports your claim?

Not to worry.
I will not be holding my breath....
CDC stats on annual black deaths

Black Mortality 2019
  • Number of deaths: 348,761
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 806.6
Source: National Vital Statistics System – Mortality data (2019) via CDC WONDER

44 million abortions since the 1973 Roe vs Wade Supreme Court ruling, 19 million black babies were aborted. African Americans are just under 13 percent of United States population.

2021-1973=48

19,000,000 divided by 48 years = 395,833 average black deaths by abortion annually.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
CDC stats on annual black deaths

Black Mortality 2019
  • Number of deaths: 348,761
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 806.6
Source: National Vital Statistics System – Mortality data (2019) via CDC WONDER

44 million abortions since the 1973 Roe vs Wade Supreme Court ruling, 19 million black babies were aborted. African Americans are just under 13 percent of United States population.

2021-1973=48

19,000,000 divided by 48 years = 395,833 average black deaths by abortion annually.
Even if we took these figures at face value, which we absolutely should not ( Fact check: Gov. Bryant's claims about abortion numbers, black women | Mississippi Today ) abortion across the board has declined for over 25 years. So saying that in 2019, black abortion was higher than black deaths because of a 48 year mean is simply untrue.

But, more importantly, your silence on my other post is deafening.

In no way would cutting off affordable birth control, screening, family planning and abortion help the black community.
Disparities in Abortion Rates: A Public Health Approach