• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Planet of the ......

Jesster

Friendly skeptic
Premium Member
original-9634-1406834323-10.jpg

Planet of the spiders!

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
The idea of dominant species is a myth. It's a story told by those who tend to think hierarchically rather than in terms of networks and relationships. It bears its truths, but also its falsehoods. Not being a heirarchical thinker - I'm too much an ecologist for that - I don't accept that any species is dominant whether we're talking past, present, or future. All organisms have dependencies.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The idea of dominant species is a myth. It's a story told by those who tend to think hierarchically rather than in terms of networks and relationships. It bears its truths, but also its falsehoods. Not being a heirarchical thinker - I'm too much an ecologist for that - I don't accept that any species is dominant whether we're talking past, present, or future. All organisms have dependencies.
True yet I see dominance in the context by way of an evoultionary sliding scale where advantage takes precedence.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Having something displace us to me can make for great science fiction but I am interested in human evolution not human displacement.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
True yet I see dominance in the context by way of an evoultionary sliding scale where advantage takes precedence.

Could you unpack that a bit for me? It sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I follow the nuances of what you intend to get at here.

Twilight Hue

Having something displace us to me can make for great science fiction but I am interested in human evolution not human displacement.
Sometimes what was once science fiction, comes true. ;0)

But I do see how it seems unplausable givin the required time for evoultionary change to alter nature's course.

Twilight Hue

Could you unpack that a bit for me? It sounds interesting, but I'm not sure I follow the nuances of what you intend to get at here.
It's just that evolutionary adaptation never really ceases as conditions change enough for organisms to reach the next stage of development. I think a number of apes and other life can be regarded as smarter and more innovative than their predecessors.

BSM1

What? Me worry?