• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Plan for opening soup kitchen for poor in my hometown.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The White Pony Express that I've volunteered at in the past and hope to do so again when I'm cleared by my doctor delivers food every day for that reason.

This is a time when all who have 'eyes to see' are called on to help those in need. I applaud your heart being in the right place and wish you have every success.
Being one who lost my home and money my self i seen the bad side of life upfront, and when i speak with the homeless i asked what they needed the most, food,shelter and warm clothing for the winter. So by asking the local governments i found that there was no such thing here, and we started to speak about how we could do it.

But the most important is that I am not the one who should get praised :) i only do what feel right, but those homeless people who survive every day out there, thats the people who should be praised:) that is some hard dudes:)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
WRONG. You deliberately claimed that a local government banning feeding the poor in city property was a California law against feeding the poor. You've gone way over the line in this thread to attack someone who is trying to do the right thing.
It was a joke.
I should warn people when I do that.
Also, staff have tacitly allowed civil disobedience which serves good causes, eg, draft resistance.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I have together with the local government in my hometown started the plan for a soup kitchen for poor people. This is something i heard people speak about for a few years now, that the homeless and poor people have asked for somewhere they can go to especially in the winter to get a hot meal. So in discussion with the local governments i have now a plan to make it possible before winter sets in.

And yes the Corona situation has made it somewhat more difficult to get all the paperwork done. But it looking promising.

It will be started as an volunteer organization, and hopfully i can get one or two people to help me to give the food to those in need.
Fantastic!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have together with the local government in my hometown started the plan for a soup kitchen for poor people. This is something i heard people speak about for a few years now, that the homeless and poor people have asked for somewhere they can go to especially in the winter to get a hot meal. So in discussion with the local governments i have now a plan to make it possible before winter sets in.

And yes the Corona situation has made it somewhat more difficult to get all the paperwork done. But it looking promising.

It will be started as an volunteer organization, and hopfully i can get one or two people to help me to give the food to those in need.

Brilliant, wish you the very best for this much needed venture

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Although the need is there in summer, it is far more of a requirement in winter.

Good on ya!!!
Yes the need is there all year, but i think it is ery important to have a good plan, and even some financial backing from other organizations:) and this is what i currently working on, because being alone in this is not possible.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Be careful here. RF rules probibit advocating acts which are illegal
in Californiastan. Handing out food to the homeless is a crime there.
About a dozen people arrested for feeding the homeless in El Cajon park

Feeding hungry people is illegal????? What in the world is wrong with that?! :eek:

If I come across a homeless person who is hungry and has no money.....will my conscience allow me to walk on by? My humanity wouldn’t let me.....let alone my Christianity! So many homeless people have children now. I am gobsmacked!

If we all just did a little (give one person a little food and a warm drink) how could they arrest us all? It doesn’t have to be organized or en masse? If we all just carried out one random act of kindness, on a regular basis.....what would it cost us? :shrug:

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
At the moment government in Norway is not doing enough to help poor and people who are addicted to drugs. So we as citizens has to step up and do our best to help those in need.

But in my plan i wanted the local government to help out so a system can be put in place for those who come after me, the system is very difficult today. I would have to rent a space for a foodtruck and i will need permites from food and healthcare to get correct certification. It's a lot to do Even before a cup of soup get delivered :)
I'm kind of surprised Norway even had homeless people. ;0)

Anyways I think it's a great thing to help out people who are legitimately down on their luck.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Feeding hungry people is illegal????? What in the world is wrong with that?! :eek:

If I come across a homeless person who is hungry and has no money.....will my conscience allow me to walk on by? My humanity wouldn’t let me.....let alone my Christianity! So many homeless people have children now. I am gobsmacked!

If we all just did a little (give one person a little food and a warm drink) how could they arrest us all? It doesn’t have to be organic zen or en masse? If we all just carried out one random act of kindness, on a regular basis.....what would it cost us? :shrug:
That's how screwed up things are here.

They made it illegal to feed people. Great leadership isn't it? Pillars of the community.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm kind of surprised Norway even had homeless people. ;0)

Anyways I think it's a great thing to help out people who are legitimately down on their luck.
More and more people loose their Jobs, then their house and care, so unfortunatly there is a growing number of homeless here too, i have been homeless too, but right now i staying in my friends Apartment. So i kind of know how the true homeless people deal with their life.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

If we all just did a little (give one person a little food and a warm drink) how could they arrest us all? It doesn’t have to be organized or en masse? If we all just carried out one random act of kindness, on a regular basis.....what would it cost us? :shrug:
Arrests happen rarely.
Go ahead & give'm sammiches if you want.
If anyone gives you grief over it, send'm to me.
I'll set'm straight.....unless they're gay.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
More and more people loose their Jobs, then their house and care, so unfortunatly there is a growing number of homeless here too, i have been homeless too, but right now i staying in my friends Apartment. So i kind of know how the true homeless people deal with their life.

We have a documentary series in its third season here in Australia. Its called "Filthy Rich and Homeless" and it takes 5 wealthy people and takes everything away from them and puts them on the streets for 10 days. Its a unique insight into homelessness in Australia....(not as bad as some other countries) but still very confronting. It made me realize the lack of human kindness that ignores their plight and pretends that they don't exist.

In this dog eat dog world...lets not be one of the dogs. :(

{{ meta.ogTitle }}
(Don't know if this will play outside Australia)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
We have a documentary series in its third season here in Australia. Its called "Filthy Rich and Homeless" and it takes 5 wealthy people and takes everything away from them and puts them on the streets for 10 days. Its a unique insight into homelessness in Australia....(not as bad as some other countries) but still very confronting. It made me realize the lack of human kindness that ignores their plight and pretends that they don't exist.

In this dog eat dog world...lets not be one of the dogs. :(

{{ meta.ogTitle }}
(Don't know if this will play outside Australia)
I have not been a filthy rich, only homeless:)

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
I have not been a filthy rich, only homeless:)
The filthy rich are never happy.....being homeless for 10 days turned them into blubbering wrecks, but it taught them a valuable lesson in appreciation for what they have, and a determination to help those less fortunate.

Being homeless gives you an empathy that surpasses mere sympathy.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The filthy rich are never happy.....being homeless for 10 days turned them into blubbering wrecks, but it taught them a valuable lesson in appreciation for what they have, and a determination to help those less fortunate.

Being homeless gives you an empathy that surpasses mere sympathy.
So True:)