• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Placing God in a Box

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I believe wherever genuine love can be found, God can be found as well.

Though I am a Christian, I do believe that those of other faiths can be reconciled to God through different paths - if that's what they want.

I'm curious if others feel that way. I see God as this beautiful, limitless, amazing God that is so much larger than what we can fathom and I tire of the restrictions that people seem to place on God. Religion bums me out.

Last edited:

javajo

I think you are a true Christian from your beliefs you wrote down, and a better Christian for not placing limitations on others about salvation and their relationship to God. A passage in Acts 10 reflects this idea:

There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band, a devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway...

Then Peter (talking to Cornelius) opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

I'm not saying not to share the gospel which is far better, as there are many people who are in bondage to sin and evil spirits who need Jesus, and we all have sinned and need Jesus, but that because they have the Creation and our conscience anyone can know God and know when they do wrong and ask forgiveness and respect God and do right. I don't have that all hammered out like, say, Mormons may, and I could be wrong (I really believe we need to proclaim the gospel), but I do know the Bible says God judges with equity and he is good and fair and merciful. Ok, I'll shut up now. :)

Last edited:

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
God doesn't make mistakes.. He'll judge and forgive perfectly, so i'm not worried about it.

Walkntune

Though I am a Christian, I do believe that those of other faiths can be reconciled to God through different paths - if that's what they want.

I'm curious if others feel that way. I see God as this beautiful, limitless, amazing God that is so much larger than what we can fathom and I tire of the restrictions that people seem to place on God. Religion bums me out.
I agree. If one walks in selfless love what laws are there to walk by?

Just my opinion but I do not think other Faiths will be saved :(
And it breaks my heart.

I think thats why Jesus said:
John 14:6 (NIV)
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

I think if there was another way for people to be saved, God the Father would have allowed Jesus to be tortured and die on a cross...but it was the only way!

I think God is not a respecter of persons. Anybody can be saved, just have faith in Jesus. In the bible God said that he would forgive ANY sin if they believe in Jesus. I just think that we can not all be right. For me only the bible was able to explain everything. This is just my opinion.

4consideration

Premium Member

Well said. I agree.

I love to talk about the subject of God. I, too, feel exhausted and believe it useless when the subject becomes limited to doctrine.

One of my favorite spiritual teachers pointed out for me that when Jesus used the metaphor of sheep in reference to people he was talking to people that were very familiar with the behavior of sheep, and he was most likely using that metaphor because sheep do not exclude other sheep from the flock -- they include each other automatically. (The same with fish.)

I had always thought of sheep as being docile and easily led around, and didn't care for the reference to sheep.

I think the quality of inclusiveness fits better. It is more in keeping with the subject of Love.