• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Places that inspire

Galateasdream

I'm somewhat visually minded and like to look at photos (or pictures) of those sacred spaces and places that inspire your devotion, respect, awe or whatever.

This might include religious sites of pilgrimage or devotion, but may also include secular locations that evoke wonder at this glorious universe or the handiwork of humanity. They may even be places of the imagination or fiction or artistic representation.

Galateasdream

Beach-Chapel-1-600x450.jpg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm somewhat visually minded and like to look at photos (or pictures) of those sacred spaces and places that inspire your devotion, respect, awe or whatever.

This might include religious sites of pilgrimage or devotion, but may also include secular locations that evoke wonder at this glorious universe or the handiwork of humanity. They may even be places of the imagination or fiction or artistic representation.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Sometimes the places can be quite small...

w031224a130.jpg

Folks wonder sometimes why I like Winter. Aside from having joyous love for all times of year, there is nothing that piqued my worshipful adoration of Winter more than discovering snow crystal photography like the image above. Grab a small hand lends next time it snows and start watching! They won't look quite as glorious as this image, but you can make out quite a bit of the beauty of these little guys if the temperature is right for them.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
This is the best shot I could find of a favorite inspirational place.
(A poor pic, but the best I could find on the internet.)
maxresdefault.jpg

check out google images for
abbey mills pumping station
crossness pumping station

Or how about a triple expansion steam pump
5345220203_2d153432c4_b.jpg

Should keep you inspired for hours

ChristineM

Premium Member
Sometimes the places can be quite small...

w031224a130.jpg

Folks wonder sometimes why I like Winter. Aside from having joyous love for all times of year, there is nothing that piqued my worshipful adoration of Winter more than discovering snow crystal photography like the image above. Grab a small hand lends next time it snows and start watching! They won't look quite as glorious as this image, but you can make out quite a bit of the beauty of these little guys if the temperature is right for them.

And every one is unique

ChristineM

Premium Member
There are indeed some wonderful giant engines out there.
But the building I posted is one I haunt regularly.
Good times are had by many there.

The building you posted is modern, abbey mills and crossness pumping stations are original. Worth checking just for the architecture, which to me beats the marvel of the engines they house

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The building you posted is modern, abbey mills and crossness pumping stations are original. Worth checking just for the architecture, which to me beats the marvel of the engines they house
The building doesn't inspire because of the structure.
It's what happens in side.