• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Place of miracles in today's time.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My guess is that there would always be very specific reasons for this. Easy enough to claim - very difficult to pony up actual evidence. Hence the reason these things might always happen "behind closed doors."

In today's age where nearly everyone has a camera handy right in their pocket, these kinds of shenanigans aren't going to fly. A simple question of "Why didn't you record it?" will easily rain crap down on all your aspirations to claim "MIRACLE!" And rightly so. If you don't have the evidence, then you don't have anything in cases like these. Sorry... but that's the way it is going to go. I, personally (and many others) aren't going to stand for less.

Recording doesn't do a difference, You can say photoshopped, etc, and so the proper way is to experience it directly by the hands of the guide of our time.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Recording doesn't do a difference, You can say photoshopped, etc, and so the proper way is to experience it directly by the hands of the guide of our time.
And what if you are mistaken in your belief that there's a "guide of our time"?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And what if you are mistaken in your belief that there's a "guide of our time"?

If I'm mistaken, I am astray with regards to the truth and God's religion. In this case, I would deserve hell for speaking about God non-sense.

F1fan

Veteran Member
If I'm mistaken, I am astray with regards to the truth and God's religion.
So why put yourself in a position where you are likely mistaken, and either have to face a hard truth, or continue to build on an illusion that your beliefs are true?

Seriously, how much effort do you put in to test your beliefs against reality?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So why put yourself in a position where you are likely mistaken, and either have to face a hard truth, or continue to build on an illusion that your beliefs are true?

Seriously, how much effort do you put in to test your beliefs against reality?

This is a personal question. If you would like proofs for any my beliefs, I would gladly provide them.

F1fan

Veteran Member
This is a personal question. If you would like proofs for any my beliefs, I would gladly provide them.
Anyone can tell themselves what they want to believe. You refer to miracles as if they are real, but offer no factual or honest explanation.

I'm asking you how to offset your "proofs" with critical thinking. Tell me how you test your beliefs against reality, and how those tests succeed, if you want to impress me.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Anyone can tell themselves what they want to believe. You refer to miracles as if they are real, but offer no factual or honest explanation.

I'm asking you how to offset your "proofs" with critical thinking. Tell me how you test your beliefs against reality, and how those tests succeed, if you want to impress me.

Each type of belief has different ways of being proven. There is the abstract concepts, like "guidance from God is the guidance", more specific abstract like Messengers and chosen Ahullbayts, then there is specifically who we apply the abstract in theory for example Quran from Mohammad (s) and Ahlulbayt of Mohammad (s) in my case and particularly the Twelve Successors which is a specific of the abstract. So they require two different insights and proofs although the two proofs are related and intertwined.

Then there is what they actually teach and how to arrive at that, and every type of knowledge regarding that, has different type of proofs and insights.

What do you want me to prove that I believe in? If everything, sorry, that's going to take too long.

A Vestigial Mote

It is at least a start - along with the presence of non-partial observers. And reproducibility would simply seal the deal.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It is at least a start - along with the presence of non-partial observers. And reproducibility would simply seal the deal.

The people who show such videos would be called liars and lose reputation. It's best to just ask God to witness such miracles and prepare your heart not to accuse the guide of being a sorcerer or possessed if he does such miracles.

A Vestigial Mote

The people who show such videos would be called liars and lose reputation. It's best to just ask God to witness such miracles and prepare your heart not to accuse the guide of being a sorcerer or possessed if he does such miracles.
Better not to ask for or be expecting miracles in the first place. Seriously... just don't. Why would you? It would be exactly like me asking Thor for rain, and if it does, I praise Thor and my faith is emboldened, and if it doesn't rain I am worried that I have angered Thor and perhaps need to do something to get back in his good graces. A person without such expectations or fanciful ideas has neither of those problems.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Better not to ask for or be expecting miracles in the first place. Seriously... just don't. Why would you? It would be exactly like me asking Thor for rain, and if it does, I praise Thor and my faith is emboldened, and if it doesn't rain I am worried that I have angered Thor and perhaps need to do something to get back in his good graces. A person without such expectations or fanciful ideas has neither of those problems.

That's half the gamble, the other half of the gamble is you would be missing out on miracles and guidance on the hands of the guide of our time.

Miracles prove a Creator in that they prove magic exists but you are right without oneness of God and acknowledging God as lord, miracles can't be proofs in themselves.

I'm sorry, but thats circular reasoning and is a fallacy. miracles prove god and god proves miracles doesn't explain anything. it's just a claim.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
The Quran is full examples of potential miracles, since it claims they happened in the past. When it displays power that only God would entrust to one of his trustees, then it's a sign and proof from God.

But there is no point in asking others about miracles they have experienced or past miracles. The miracles themselves are not good enough to be claimed and talked about.

The miracles are talked about in a way, that God is telling us, he can show us through his guide of the time, such clear signs. All he asks us is not to accuse them of sorcery or being possessed by demons while demons are the ones performing them to deceive. If we clean our hearts enough we won't accuse them of such and accept them to be signs of God and his trusted one performing that miracle, then they will be shown to us. They might be shown to us even if we aren't ready but then if we accuse them of being a sorcerer and liar, what is our fate for life? Will we join Satanic forces and call the one with the holy spirit and power from God a liar?

Who is this guide of the time?

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Only God's trustees can perform miracles. I'm not talking about alleged, I'm talking about the place for us to witness miracles first hand.

What about ad-Dajjal (the anti-Christ)? Will he not also be able to perform miracles?

A Vestigial Mote

That's half the gamble, the other half of the gamble is you would be missing out on miracles and guidance on the hands of the guide of our time.
Why would that be? How would I be missing out? If they are actually occurring, then isn't the world reaping the benefits of them regardless whether I witness them or not? What do I care if I actually witness the miracles? Isn't it more important that whatever help these "miracles" are bringing is being brought? I have no directed interest in witnessing miracles. If I happen to witness one, then perhaps I will go about the business of verifying its authenticity, and perhaps that leads me to "believe" - but I question of what use that belief is anyway. As stated, the miracles will be happening (or not) regardless my involvement, and that is far more important anyway.