• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Place of miracles in today's time.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I believe miracles have a place in today's time too not just the future and the past, and it's alluded that Imam Mahdi will show the miracles, if we pray to God frequently both in Quran and ahadith. Du'a arifina nafsika is clear, but also Quran when it has discussed the signs said for every people there is a guide that can show these signs and who the signs prove and else where it said the hiding is up to God and else where said about them asking for such clear proof, he guides to himself those who often turn to him and else where said he has shown the signs to a people who are certain. Those who ask God frequently believing in what Quran has said about guidance, miracles, and the guide, I believe they will be shown and be guided by the hands of Imam Mahdi and he will show clear miracles and proofs. Ibrahim asked God to show him clear proofs - show him how to raise the dead, so he can have tranquility. We have the right as well in my view.

The only difference is Imam Mahdi is not in public view, and miracles are not in public view in front of masses.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
To me, paying attention to and especially looking for miracles is a mistake. It opens people up to charlatans who are good "jugglers", magicians, but have not the slightest whiff of spirituality in them.

It also devalues what to me are real miracles, or as the song put it "Ordinary Miracles" - life, love, beauty and so forth.

danieldemol

Premium Member
To me, paying attention to and especially looking for miracles is a mistake. It opens people up to charlatans who are good "jugglers", magicians, but have not the slightest whiff of spirituality in them.
^This. And the fact that we would need omniscience to know something was a genuine miracle and not the work of a skilled imposter.

In my opinion.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

It also devalues what to me are real miracles, or as the song put it "Ordinary Miracles" - life, love, beauty and so forth.

To me it's the opposite. Everyone who can't perform miracles and tries to take religious authority are the real charlatans.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can you give a example of miracle that has ever happened? You make generalizations and assertions but never give examples. Did Mohammed fly to heaven on a winged horse?

The Quran is full examples of potential miracles, since it claims they happened in the past. When it displays power that only God would entrust to one of his trustees, then it's a sign and proof from God.

But there is no point in asking others about miracles they have experienced or past miracles. The miracles themselves are not good enough to be claimed and talked about.

The miracles are talked about in a way, that God is telling us, he can show us through his guide of the time, such clear signs. All he asks us is not to accuse them of sorcery or being possessed by demons while demons are the ones performing them to deceive. If we clean our hearts enough we won't accuse them of such and accept them to be signs of God and his trusted one performing that miracle, then they will be shown to us. They might be shown to us even if we aren't ready but then if we accuse them of being a sorcerer and liar, what is our fate for life? Will we join Satanic forces and call the one with the holy spirit and power from God a liar?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
^This. And the fact that we would need omniscience to know something was a genuine miracle and not the work of a skilled imposter.

In my opinion.

You don't need omniscience, just some sincerity, humbleness and logic, and it will come clear such power won't be given by God to a liar.

Alex22

The Quran is full examples of potential miracles, since it claims they happened in the past. When it displays power that only God would entrust to one of his trustees, then it's a sign and proof from God.

But there is no point in asking others about miracles they have experienced or past miracles. The miracles themselves are not good enough to be claimed and talked about.

The miracles are talked about in a way, that God is telling us, he can show us through his guide of the time, such clear signs. All he asks us is not to accuse them of sorcery or being possessed by demons while demons are the ones performing them to deceive. If we clean our hearts enough we won't accuse them of such and accept them to be signs of God and his trusted one performing that miracle, then they will be shown to us. They might be shown to us even if we aren't ready but then if we accuse them of being a sorcerer and liar, what is our fate for life? Will we join Satanic forces and call the one with the holy spirit and power from God a liar?

Just because a book says so isn't good enough I'm afraid, how do you know your Allah isn't a demon? he certainly sounds like one from reading the Quran with his threats to polytheists and etc.

danieldemol

Premium Member
You don't need omniscience, just some sincerity, humbleness and logic, and it will come clear such power won't be given by God to a liar.
Then you aren't being very sincere, humble and logical if you refuse to accept the alleged miracles of Sai Baba because it is allegedly clear that God wouldn't give such power to a liar.

Perhaps Sai Baba is the Mahdi?

In my opinion.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Just because a book says so isn't good enough I'm afraid.

This is exactly what I'm saying. Books claiming miracles do not prove them, the way Quran talks about miracles, is that there is always a guide who can perform them. If we turn to God, we will be shown the signs in form of miracles and he has shown them to people who are certain.

The way to know miracles are real is to see one. The Quran says go ahead ask the family of the reminder if you do not know. Miracles are one of the things we can ask them. The ask the family of reminder in Suratal Nahl has it in context of seeking clarification to Quran while in Suratal Anbiya, the ask the family of the reminder is in context of people seeking miracles. In Suratal Anbiya, it means, go ahead, ask them for miracles.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Then you aren't being very sincere, humble and logical if you refuse to accept the alleged miracles of Sai Baba because it is allegedly clear that God wouldn't give such power to a liar.

Perhaps Sai Baba is the Mahdi?

Only God's trustees can perform miracles. I'm not talking about alleged, I'm talking about the place for us to witness miracles first hand.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Only God's trustees can perform miracles. I'm not talking about alleged, I'm talking about the place for us to witness miracles first hand.
Until those are demonstrated to be miracles and performed first hand they are alleged miracles.
In my opinion

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
how do you know your Allah isn't a demon?

This is what Gog and Magog believe about all the Prophets and Messengers, and this what they believe about the guide of our time, that he is possessed or a sorcerer, and that his god is a demon.

The way to know is to be come rational and humble. God is the Lord of the universe, and the power they display is directly created, given, and sustained by God. He wouldn't give that directly to a liar or deceiver.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Good, so how how do you intend to demonstrate they are miracles given that anything we don't know how it works appears miraculous to us, therefore we would have to at least know how everything works to know the miracle could not be performed by natural means?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Good, so how how do you intend to demonstrate they are miracles given that anything we don't know how it works appears miraculous to us, therefore we would have to at least know how everything works to know the miracle could not be performed by natural means?

The means is by knowledge and power they perform such miracles, but again, it's not that we have to understand how they perform it but the fact that such power and knowledge is limited to his trustees and it's such that it's directly sustained by him. God controls and is in control. This is the main thing to know. When that is acknowledged, and we recognize he is the source of power, miracles performed by the person is a proof that person is directly trusted by God and is not a liar.

He won't give such control to evil people. Otherwise, we can say day of judgment is created by demons, and our fate in the next world is set by demons. That's insane. God controls and is the King of the world.

danieldemol

Premium Member
again, it's not that we have to understand how they perform it but the fact that such power and knowledge is limited to his trustees
I disagree, the only power which is unique to God is the ability to change reality without natural means of doing so, therefore we have to know the means by which they perform the change in order to know it is supernatural and not natural.

Otherwise David Copperfield, Sai Baba and numerous other miracle workers could be said to be the trustees of God.

In my opinion.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

I concur. Miracles totally distract from any teaching about improving lives. Gullible people focus on the miracles, and not the teaching. In my view, no great teachers perform(ed) miracles, for this very reason.