• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Place for Creationists to post their "reasonable tests" for their position

Audie

Veteran Member
Jumped in semi-blind and this one caught my eye.

First, I agree with the posters who see your list of quotes as insignificant. They present the same teleological/ontological etc. arguments that have been tried and have failed; and have done so for literally centuries. Those aren't tests and they aren't evidence of anything.

So. On to this.

There is no "viewpoint", really, There is only where the evidence leads; and the evidence supporting Big Bang, and Evolution is utterly overwhelming. Abiogenesis? Working on that one! But the evidence supporting Creationism? Nada. None, Zilch, Zero. The "idea" that there is some kind of "controversy"; or that we are "seeing the same evidence and interpreting it differently" or "Its a matter of viewpoint" are catch phrases of the Creationist Fundamentalist Extremist LIteralist Apologist who bring nothing to the table.

It is also called "SEDI", same evidence, different
interpretation.

The below is what you know perfectly well, i just
feel like sayng it.

It is often the case that with partial, ambiguous data
that there is vigorous competition among various
interpretations.

At one time it was believed that dinosaurs walked
with legs spraddled, like an alligator.

Someone pointed out that they'd have to walk in
ditches to do that!

AS more data, more study goes into any controversial
discovery, the interpretations tend to narrow down to
one, with the others being falsified.

The SEDI folks never take that into account.

Sure there are scientists who are yecs, say.
Their big problem is not getting kicked out if they
admit it as per creo-propaganda, but, a lack of
data.

gnostic

The Lost One
IMV it just is too complex to be "random". Intelligent Design is still the best hypothesis.
A tested scientific theory is better than hypothesis, BUT Intelligent Design isn’t even a hypothesis, because it failed to be even FALSIFIABLE.

Even Behe even admitted that Intelligent Design has never been Peer Review, never been “tested” (Scientific Method), and was never Falsifiable.

That’s 3 strikes, KenS.

And when Behe wrote Irreducible Complexity, to bolster Intelligent Design, IC too failed in 3 strikes.

Behe’s so-called evidence and data comprised of some computer simulations. Computer simulations are not evidence, and the data from simulations are made up.

Bob the Unbeliever

A tested scientific theory is better than hypothesis, BUT Intelligent Design isn’t even a hypothesis, because it failed to be even FALSIFIABLE.

Even Behe even admitted that Intelligent Design has never been Peer Review, never been “tested” (Scientific Method), and was never Falsifiable.

That’s 3 strikes, KenS.

And when Behe wrote Irreducible Complexity, to bolster Intelligent Design, IC too failed in 3 strikes.

Behe’s so-called evidence and data comprised of some computer simulations. Computer simulations are not evidence, and the data from simulations are made up.

One of the principle problems with ID/Creationism?

Is that none of it's proponents can demonstrate MAGIC is real.

Alas, that appears to be their primary point of failure. They just cannot manage to get MAGIC to work...

because the answer never turned out to be magic.jpg

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Well you didn't like it, so I deleted it. Simple. Other boards didn't like me and I get kicked. I'm not sure how to fix it, do you happen to know? I simply mean in Acts 17:23 and on, the first Mission of the very same Apostle, first followers of 12 from Jesus, (big deal), arriving in Macedon and Greece, they came upon the concept of God that Religious people of Athens already had made, and they said Deus Vult, no oops they said, let me tell you about Creation and this that you worship. That's what happened in the Partheonian Ampitheatrical Apostolic thingamabob.

Korea had a series of beliefs and gods nd they conferred with Koreans about the oldest original god and Skyfather , of whom use to be exclusive worship, named hananim, or haneulim. Catholics use a different word for God even in Korean, not Deus, a Korean catholic word or something. But I don't know, Catholics in 1890's, might already be liberal enough for some non-Latin services. How come we al believe in the Korean Bear race if creationism isn't real?
Either this is one of the most brilliant posts I've read, or it's just plain funny. (cute)

YoursTrue

I did. You essentially said that there was no test, but you accepted the opinions of a large number of contextless quotes.

That's fine for you, but the question is whether or not creationism is valid science. If it cannot be tested, then it is not valid science.
How is evolution tested?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It isn't? I mean like from the first bubble or whatever living thing scientists hypothesize happened, evolution isn't random? Please explain how it's not random from the beginning.

Who knows? We were not discussing cosmology. Now it is clear that you did not understand one single article that you supposedly read.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Creationists are so delusional for claiming that this guy built the universe with his bare hands.

Ahem, not with his bare hands. With spoken magic spells. Sheesh, how can you make that error. Of course the universe is too big to be manually constructed. That was why magic was used. I know because I have a magic book that says so.

YoursTrue

Who knows? We were not discussing cosmology. Now it is clear that you did not understand one single article that you supposedly read.
Again -- is evolution random or not? For instance, let's say a mutation occurs. Let's also say that the majority of organisms from which the mutation occurred stayed as it is.